Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maricela's facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/mgbella?pnref=story
Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures.
Is this her only and/or most recent FB page? It doesn't appear to have been updated since 2014. I wonder how much her appearance has changed.
I can't remember who our media sharing guru is....the member that is so awesome about posting on all the media facebook and twitter pages? Can someone direct that person here, maybe? I have shared everywhere that I can think of, but I'm sure I missed plenty. Thank you so much to Missing Pieces Network. Just awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It does seem odd that she would leave her younger sister stranded. So I wonder about her state of mind a the time. Was she stressed or pressured in any way. She may have had bigger more worrisome concerns?

Yes, I believe that is her only FB page. Im not sure about other social media. The sister would like to create a missing page and needs help organizing searches. I pm'd MPN on Facebook but can anyone here help? I'm sorry, I am in the ER with a kiddo and don't want them to have to wait on me. Or if someone can tell me how to start, I can work on it.

ETA: Kim from MPN has messaged me and is going to help with the page. Thanks

Her sister said that Maricela had not been on her phone all day and that she never carries cash. She said no one is helping her look for Maricela :( I am going to try to get down there in a day or two to help search as soon as my son is better. Hopefully the page will be up soon and that can be coordinated.

Her sister said that Maricela had not been on her phone all day and that she never carries cash. She said no one is helping her look for Maricela :( I am going to try to get down there in a day or two to help search as soon as my son is better. Hopefully the page will be up soon and that can be coordinated.

Not even the police?

Since her purse was found in the car, does that mean:

* she didn't bring the purse into the store and didn't have any way to make a purchase

* she didn't bring the purse into the store but carried a credit card in case she wanted to make a purchase

* she carried the purse into the store and had the purse with her when she left?

And another question - if she uses credit card(s), are all her cards accounted for? If any are missing, has there been activity on it? What about ATM?

My best friend never carried a purse. She hated carrying one. She instead kept cash and her debit or credit card in her pants pocket. I personally told her I thought it seemed odd and maybe even a little risky, but she really didn't like carrying a purse when she was shopping. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, I NEVER carry a purse, only what fits into my pocket :)
those are all good questions and I have forwarded them to her sister.
The police are not searching. The family has spoken with the homeless in the area and the stores in the strip mall. They have not done an organized search. Due to the size of the valley, they are unsure where to begin.
These are the most recent pictures of Sarah...note the extreme (imo) difference:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 16105786_10210070507093526_5588518973617954065_n.jpg
    16105786_10210070507093526_5588518973617954065_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 694
  • sarah2.jpg
    sarah2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 731
I agree with the difference in her appearance. She looks thinner and older with darks circles under her eyes. I hate to say this, but from personal experience she looks like she might still be using and is somehow hiding it. She just has that really thin, unhealthy appearance that is common to users. Sorry if that's too blunt, but sometimes it's important to take all possibilities into consideration. If she was using again but hiding it, this could be a reason for her disappearance. I'm not saying she's gone on purpose, but it could have put her in contact with the wrong person.

I agree it's important. I would like to know where she has gone before. Where her hangouts are, when she USED to use, where did she go? If she's in her addiction it's even more important to find her, imo....I'm sure she's very unhappy and very unsafe :(

My best friend never carried a purse. She hated carrying one. She instead kept cash and her debit or credit card in her pants pocket. I personally told her I thought it seemed odd and maybe even a little risky, but she really didn't like carrying a purse when she was shopping. To each their own.

Yes, I understand not wanting to carry a purse, but IIRC, Maricela's purse was found in the car. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me.

Just my opinion-
Using drugs or not, she'd want her car. Even if she was actively using drugs, why would she just leave her car and possessions ? I've known many drug addicts and none of them would leave their car, cigarettes and personal possessions like that. They'd have taken the car with them and the cigarettes if they wanted to leave.
My opinion is that she did not leave willingly. What smoker just leaves their pack of cigarettes and walks off into thin air!
Of course anything is possible though.
I just feel like she may have met with foul play. Again this is just my opinion and not supported by any fact.

I used to live in the SF Valley, I know that area well - that area is sketchy as hell even in daytime(been to that 99 cent store), lived off Sherman Way and only cause our complex had bars/gates - I didn't feel OK walking with my baby alone at daytime outside of my complex, was followed once and if it wasn't for someone outside.....never did it again... this happened at night? There is so much gang activity in that area. If she was meeting up with someone, maybe someone she knew - who knows who was with them also. I can bet LAPD doesn't care and is bogged down......they don't even respond to house alarms anymore.

The question is who grabbed her? And how do we find her? I feel so helpless.

I used to live in the SF Valley, I know that area well - that area is sketchy as hell even in daytime(been to that 99 cent store), lived off Sherman Way and only cause our complex had bars/gates - I didn't feel OK walking with my baby alone at daytime outside of my complex, was followed once and if it wasn't for someone outside.....never did it again... this happened at night? There is so much gang activity in that area. If she was meeting up with someone, maybe someone she knew - who knows who was with them also. I can bet LAPD doesn't care and is bogged down......they don't even respond to house alarms anymore.

This is true ( I've visited that area but live in NJ) it's not a great neighborhood and sadly is underpoliced.
It just seems incredibly unlikely to me that this girl walked off willingly leaving her car and smokes and sister behind. She very well have could've stepped out to meet up with someone really quick and was met with foul play. That's just my theory and I have no evidence to back it up.
Hopefully she is found safe soon.

I don't know if this was already mentioned but could you canvas the immediate area businesses and ask to view their security footage from the day and time?
Some may say no way but others may be willing to help possibly.
Could you maybe print the flyer mpn made and hand it out to anyone in the area of goodwill? Maybe see if those surrounding business owners will allow you to put the flyer up in the windows of their shops?
I'd also bring packing tape and tape the flyers up to telephone polls and bus stations.

So she walked towards the 99cent store..did she go in? was this where she parked the car? Where did she park her car in relation? And you guys are amazing in all the ideas and stuff to get her case going! I would think the most recent picture should be on her flyer..as she does look quite different. And while it does not matter, and it does not have to be answered..she beat addiction once right? how long ago? what was the choice of addicition? My train of thought here, and I mean no disrespect! If she's has been clean a while and 'falters' many times it can make a person very ill...I've first hand with my half brother and his battle with alcohol and meth...he battles..gets clean does awesome and falters and gets so sick.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member