Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no new information. How do I generate interest when I have nothing to say :( Poor Maricela.

There is no new information. How do I generate interest when I have nothing to say :( Poor Maricela.

People are still sharing on Facebook, which is a good thing. I hope that makes you feel better because I know how frustrating it can be. :grouphug:

Have you checked local hospitals? Maybe take a paper with her photo? Maybe she ended up there, and is just listed as a Jane Doe.

Also? What about previous boyfriends?

If she has gone missing in the past, as has been alluded to, did she return on her own or was she brought home? If so who found her and where. If she returned in her own, how much time had passed?

Also - where was she last time? Perhaps check where she went before.

<mod snip>

** VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ** A search party will be gathering at the Goodwill where Maricela was last seen on Saturday, January 21 at 9:00 AM. We will be looking in the general vicinity, talking to people and plastering flyers everywhere. We will plan further search efforts depending on what happens then. Thank you for any help.

18225 Sherman Way, Reseda, CA 91335

(Not sure why link is not clickable :()

https://www.facebook.com/events/235593516885659/

<mod snip>

** VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ** A search party will be gathering at the Goodwill where Maricela was last seen on Saturday, January 21 at 9:00 AM. We will be looking in the general vicinity, talking to people and plastering flyers everywhere. We will plan further search efforts depending on what happens then. Thank you for any help.

18225 Sherman Way, Reseda, CA 91335

(Not sure why link is not clickable :()

https://www.facebook.com/events/235593516885659/

Fixed it for you ;)

That's a big thing to me. Who takes only their ID but leaves all their cash/debit cards/purse everything else in the car? What would she have needed her ID for? Alcohol? But she had no money. If she was doing something illegal, the last thing she would want is to be identified. (And that train of thought leads me down a dark road :()
I have new info and will be posting it shortly.

I was given some additional information about Maricela last night and am hoping this will generate some new ideas. Some of it doesn&#8217;t make sense.
· Maricela TOOK her keys and ID. No one knows why she had her ID. Wallet, purse, cash, credit/debit cards, cigarettes all left in the locked car.
· The Goodwill camera captured her walking from the door towards her car/99 Cent Store. They were both in the same direction. Once she moved out of camera view, she disappeared. There were no signs of a struggle, no one saw anything and there is no other security footage.
· Maricela lives with her mother and sister. She is a &#8220;homebody&#8221; and rarely goes out. She has been in recovery for two years. She might occasionally smoke weed but no other drugs/alcohol
· When Maricela went missing previously, she had been kidnapped, drugged and held in a hotel by her ex-boyfriend. The family suspects something similar has happened BUT the ex is in jail in another state. He has been cleared.
· The family believes her phone was a prepaid and they cannot get records. They don&#8217;t know how to do this and the police have not mentioned it.
· She had not spoken with/texted anyone that day that anyone knows of. She had been with her sister all day and not really using her phone. She has no current boyfriends.
· Maricela works as a delivery driver for PostMates based out of LA. She has a co-worker who has been harassing her, so much so that she recently punched him in the face. The family is concerned this person may be involved but they don&#8217;t know who he is. This is where they want to focus. They need help finding information about PostMates.
· No one knows her hangouts or drug associations. If she was not taken, she MAY be in the Santa Clarita or Mission Hills area. However, the family absolutely believes she was abducted. They have been checking hospitals and now want to start going to every motel in the LA area because of previous circumstances.

Yikes, that's some scary stuff.

But here is why I think she didn't get abducted, unless she specifically planned to meet someone at that location I highly doubt someone just randomly drove by and grabbed her...she would have screamed etc and those are always busy parking lots. Also I would think a camera would pick up a car racing out of the lot at the exact time...keeping only her I'd in her pocket when going shopping is pretty weird imo. Whose idea was it to go shopping? Who needed to purchase something?

It is with a C.

I would think this was voluntary if Sarah had not been stranded. I am leaning towards Maricela getting willingly into a car then not being brought back. Why and where, I wish I knew :(

The family is chasing a lead right now but I will ask about the shopping trip later if this does not lead to Maricela.
Thank you all so much for your continued interest. There have been quite a few media outlets that have picked up the story today and wanting updates so hopefully she will be in the news again.

ETA: It was her sister's idea to stop there. That makes something preplanned hard. They had been in the store/area less than thirty minutes.

These are the most recent pictures of Maricela. Her hair is light on the bottom and dark on the top. She typically wears it down and only light eye shadow. She is a lot thinner now per her sister, due to diet.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 16144284_10210109731514112_650515547_n.jpg
    16144284_10210109731514112_650515547_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 527
  • marinew.jpg
    marinew.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 550
<mod snip>

These things have probably already been thought of....
Has anyone called her work place and asked if she has shown up at work and if they know who was harrassing her?
Is it known, did she only go into the store with her phone, keys and id? like she walked outside and never ever made it to her car?
What carrier was her prepaid?

Maricela's family would like to answer any questions you may have. I will take them a list and come back with the answers. Maybe we can copy/paste them?

1. Did Maricela take her purse into the store?
2. Where does she hang out? When she was using, where did she go?
3. Who is her cell provider?
4. When was her last day at work and did anything happen? Has she called in?
5. Any men she's interested in? Unhappy females?

Next? Thank you so much

Are there any other stores in the area with cameras?

Has any of her social media accounts been active?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me offhand which department of the FBI would handle this case? Do they have to be invited in by local LE?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member