Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mentioned that. Here is the security footage from GW. Can someone make stills?
[video]https://youtu.be/B9ifWQfDw2Q[/video]

is there any possibility an acquaintance that possibly had gang affiliations has had an eye on her and acted like he coincidentally ran into her there but actually was planned? I know gangs can be tied to HT

Two American Spirit butts? These are slow burning smokes so unlikely she smoked two. Possibly if you are at airport and know you won't have one for a couple hours but smoke break with sis ??? Nope. I have a feeling someone asked to bum one from her then abducted her. Does anyone know who took the photos of her in lingerie? Any originals sent to her . I could pull meta data from photo if there is one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what the timeline looks like right now. This looks like there is a lot more to the story. Sarah thinks her sister was running/hiding from someone that night

Approximately 01/09/17: Maricela tells her sister she has a secret but she won't elaborate. She cries and hugs her sister. She slept next to her for the next few days.

01/12/17: Approximately 3:30 PM and 5:00 PM in Venice Beach, Maricela makes two deliveries for Postmates, leaving her sister in the car. She is in and out quickly and no change in mood.

01/12/17: Approximately 6:50 PM. Maricela and her sister enter Goodwill in Reseda to browse.
07:20 PM: Maricela tells her sister she needs a cigarette and will be right back.
07:22 PM: Maricela leaves GW and is captured on camera walking toward her car/99 Cent Store

Approximately 7:45 PM: Sarah goes outside and does not see Maricela. She waits by the car thinking she will be right back.
Approximately 8:00 PM: Sarah becomes more worried because it is dark and raining and the car is locked. She goes into the 99 Cent Store and into Payless but no one has seen Maricela. She asks to use the phone in Payless because her phone is dead and was turned away.
Approximately 8:15 PM: Sarah goes into the chapel of Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. The two women in there tell her they saw Maricela approximately 25 - 30 minutes prior. She "stormed out" looking upset or worried. They ask Sarah if Maricela was sick.
Approximately 8:25 PM: Sarah sees two men outside the stores. They are "sketchy" and give her a bad vibe. One of them asks for the time and wants to know if her phone is dead.
Approximately 8:30 PM: Sarah goes into 7-11 and inquires about Maricela but no one has seen her. She waits there until 8:45 PM when her ride arrives.

This is what the timeline looks like right now. This looks like there is a lot more to the story. Sarah thinks her sister was running/hiding from someone that night

Approximately 01/09/17: Maricela tells her sister she has a secret but she won't elaborate. She cries and hugs her sister. She slept next to her for the next few days.

01/12/17: Approximately 3:30 PM and 5:00 PM in Venice Beach, Maricela makes two deliveries for Postmates, leaving her sister in the car. She is in and out quickly and no change in mood.

01/12/17: Approximately 6:50 PM. Maricela and her sister enter Goodwill in Reseda to browse.
07:20 PM: Maricela tells her sister she needs a cigarette and will be right back.
07:22 PM: Maricela leaves GW and is captured on camera walking toward her car/99 Cent Store

Approximately 7:45 PM: Sarah goes outside and does not see Maricela. She waits by the car thinking she will be right back.
Approximately 8:00 PM: Sarah becomes more worried because it is dark and raining and the car is locked. She goes into the 99 Cent Store and into Payless but no one has seen Maricela. She asks to use the phone in Payless because her phone is dead and was turned away.
Approximately 8:15 PM: Sarah goes into the chapel of Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. The two women in there tell her they saw Maricela approximately 25 - 30 minutes prior. She "stormed out" looking upset or worried. They ask Sarah if Maricela was sick.
Approximately 8:25 PM: Sarah sees two men outside the stores. They are "sketchy" and give her a bad vibe. One of them asks for the time and wants to know if her phone is dead.
Approximately 8:30 PM: Sarah goes into 7-11 and inquires about Maricela but no one has seen her. She waits there until 8:45 PM when her ride arrives.

She stormed out? Sarah or maricela?

I've been watching the video of her leaving the GW. I can't tell but does it look like she looks to her right as she is going left right after the other people pass???Just wondering if she saw something or someone then? IMO

Hi Everyone,

mistivon is now a verified insider in Maricela's case.

Please treat mistivon with respect.

Remember mistivon does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what mistivon posts or not.

Thank you

We have some great mods, for sure :)
Maricela left the church looking scared/upset/worried.
It is unknown who, if anyone, was in the parking lot.

Thank you. That is being brought up to the detective. There is suspicion that a female is involved here.

We have some great mods, for sure :)
Maricela left the church looking scared/upset/worried.
It is unknown who, if anyone, was in the parking lot.

The church is interesting. It's considered a sacred home... place of safety, non judgement, hope. A place to ask forgiveness or help. Her going there could be a sign that something major was going on in her life she couldn't divulge to anyone out of fear. Pregnancy? Fear of another hurting her sister if she didn't do something? How far is the church from goodwill?

I'm asking for help with a map. I think it is pretty much right there but not in direct eyesight. The opinion of the family (again, take with a grain of salt) is that someone accosted her in the parking lot. She ran in there to hide/get away instead of going back into GW and risking her little sister. It was the closest safe place to where she was.
So LAPD has Maricela listed as voluntary missing because she was not seen on camera being abducted and no blood or other signs of a struggle. That's so sad to me. I really don't think she is gone willingly and the media is not interested :(

I've been watching the video of her leaving the GW. I can't tell but does it look like she looks to her right as she is going left right after the other people pass???Just wondering if she saw something or someone then? IMO
Where did you see the video?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm asking for help with a map. I think it is pretty much right there but not in direct eyesight. The opinion of the family (again, take with a grain of salt) is that someone accosted her in the parking lot. She ran in there to hide/get away instead of going back into GW and risking her little sister. It was the closest safe place to where she was.
So LAPD has Maricela listed as voluntary missing because she was not seen on camera being abducted and no blood or other signs of a struggle. That's so sad to me. I really don't think she is gone willingly and the media is not interested :(
Has anyone other than her sister spoken with the nuns or individuals at the church who saw her?

Not yet. If they haven't done that by Saturday, one of us will.
Which brings me to yet another question for you guys.
Saturday, how do I coordinate this search with it being such a massive area and literally having no idea where to look.
Our turnout is going to be small...let's say 10-15 people.
Do I assign people places to look in the immediate area? Like you take the church, I'll take the convenience stores..etc? Because we also need to canvas motels and hospitals. There are other cities she might be in as well. Do I ask everyone to meet up, then have people volunteer/ be assigned motels, hospitals, clubs, stores, go to different locations?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

was this church by the goodwill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59