Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, I've contacted and been contacted by media. However, one station said today that because LAPD lists her as voluntary missing, there is no story (paraphrased) But there is. There's so much more than what it seems.
According to the brother, Maricela had felt she was being followed for some time. They just didn't know by whom.
Also, Maricela is fiercely independent. She doesn't like to ask for help and playing the victim is not her style. When she said she was being followed, people believed her...Does that make sense?

I finally went and looked around on maps and the layout is not what I had pictured. I can't upload the screenshot from my phone but this is a lonngg parking lot. GW was on one end and to get to the church, Marcela passed several stores AND her car. Like busy stores. A grocery store, even. Why was she at the church? Did she go there intentionally? If she was running, why not ask for help at the grocery store? It looks like this complex also has a large parking lot on the other side. I wonder if she could have gone in one store through the front then out the back. I'll post the screenshot later...Still looking for my map person

That was my thinking. The church holds a lot of info. What did she say to the women? What did she go in there for? If she was running from someone, she wouldn't have left the women. She clearly chose to pass her car and walk that way.

I finally went and looked around on maps and the layout is not what I had pictured. I can't upload the screenshot from my phone but this is a lonngg parking lot. GW was on one end and to get to the church, Marcela passed several stores AND her car. Like busy stores. A grocery store, even. Why was she at the church? Did she go there intentionally? If she was running, why not ask for help at the grocery store? It looks like this complex also has a large parking lot on the other side. I wonder if she could have gone in one store through the front then out the back. I'll post the screenshot later...Still looking for my map person

I just sent a request to our resident "map guru" to drop by & help with the mapping. If she's here I'm sure she will help as soon as possible.

And yes, I've contacted and been contacted by media. However, one station said today that because LAPD lists her as voluntary missing, there is no story (paraphrased) But there is. There's so much more than what it seems.
According to the brother, Maricela had felt she was being followed for some time. They just didn't know by whom.
Also, Maricela is fiercely independent. She doesn't like to ask for help and playing the victim is not her style. When she said she was being followed, people believed her...Does that make sense?

I'm not from CA but just wanted you to know that I've shared word of this case and hope she's brought home soon.

Thanks button isn't enough. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

1bd6ff6742ef8bd12375b21af2f5eb83.jpg
188e575fc66053ae5c1c8860f162f5f3.jpg
49ef7bd2e2ca204d79ef831f6b9ce061.jpg

code4SAR

Since you started this thread, I had a feeling in my heart that she didn't leave willingly. I really really hope LE decides to take this case a bit more seriously because it seems like she could've met with foul play. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

That's awesome, thank you so much! See how big the parking lot is and how far she had to walk to get to the church? Plus it's kind of set off...like around the corner.
Can I put this on her Facebook missing page? You did such a great job. It helps so much to see the layout. And see the big parking lot BEHIND the shopping center...I wonder if the church door opens to THAT lot.

The church has two sets of doors on that side, but you should find out which doors the church ladies saw her leave from.

How long was she at the church? Who else was there? Do they have cameras? What about the businesses on the street behind the store, do any of them have security cameras?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 409
That's awesome, thank you so much! See how big the parking lot is and how far she had to walk to get to the church? Plus it's kind of set off...like around the corner.
Can I put this on her Facebook missing page? You did such a great job. It helps so much to see the layout. And see the big parking lot BEHIND the shopping center...I wonder if the church door opens to THAT lot.
Seems like it would take at least a few minutes walking from GW to church and its a high traffic area of pedestrians and vehicles

Please use the photos.
Wish they were better quality unfortunately I could only take screenshots from phone.

code4SAR

With the church opening to a dark and most likely empty parking lot that's completely behind the shopping strip makes me more concerned for her. I remember back in the early 80's, Christopher Wilder would abduct women from busy mall parking lots in broad daylight. I am no where near CA to be of more help, but I'm praying that at the very least something will be found on Saturday to force LE to get more involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she thought she was being followed the day she went missing, she might have gone past her car and into the church to get them away from her sister. I think that after leaving the church in a direction away from the GW and her car, her followers might have caught up with her. She might have exited the church on the other side (Sherman Way, Lindley Ave), the nuns should be asked which exit she used, and flyers should be put up in that vicinity, and store owners/employees be asked. Maybe someone saw her getting into a car. It looks to me on the screen shot posted by code4SAR (Thanks!) that the main entrance to the church is actually on Sherman Way? I would assume that she exited that way. There is a bank opposite, maybe ask them for footage?

There are bus stops at the corner of Sherman and Lindley, going both directions.

I worry more, too, seeing the map. I am asking family
They have not reviewed the bank footage yet :(
ONLY Goodwill.
They think she went out that side left door of the church...to the back parking lot.
Ugh. That makes me sick.

What if she hid something inside that church, and either she or someone else will go back to get it? I hope you can search the church in places like the bathrooms, under the chairs, back of drawers, etc.

Every.inch.of.it.

What if she hid something inside that church, and either she or someone else will go back to get it? I hope you can search the church in places like the bathrooms, under the chairs, back of drawers, etc.

Just a thought. It was mentioned she turned off her phone because the music wouldn't stop. Was that someone calling over and over, or an alarm. Did someone tell her to meet them? Did she go outside to call back and was told by such person that theyre at the church? Did she get frustrated not seeing that person in the church and realized the person was in the back parking lot out the side doors she exited? Of course we don't know, but it makes sense to me she was meeting someone. I'm having a hard time thinking if she was scared of someone that she wouldn't alert the church staff that she's being followed. Then again people are abducted all the time from large public areas, but I think she knew who took her if that's what ended up happening.

code4SAR

I walked by that lot last night around 8 pm along Sherman Way. Along the second to last row of cars in the lot (maybe 25 or 30 feet from the sidewalk/street) a guy in a baseball cap was standing where it wasn't too lit, not moving, not next to a car, just looking around. He definitely looked suspricious. I'm very curious to hear anything more about the person who approached Marciela's sister asking about her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452