Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a random abduction and she wasn't trying to protect her family from something, why would she run all the way behind the Kaiser building? She has her keys. Her sister is in Goodwill. Why not get in the car and blow the horn or run back into Goodwill screaming. Why go to the back corner of an empty parking lot where no one can see anything?

There is something off here. A missing piece that might break this case wide open. I just have a nagging feeling we are missing something huge!

Maybe he used a burner and thinks helping will clear him. I get the impression he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
Maybe it wasn't him
Maybe the police cleared him and family is choosing not to tell me.
I can't figure out how now they're so certain it wasn't him. I absolutely can't believe police actually interviewed him
I'm lost

Actually my geography is terrible. New Mexico is not neighboring. Maybe it couldn't be him

That is a very believable scenario. It all makes sense except for one thing that really confuses me about that night. If she was scared of being chased or followed, why didn't she tell the people in the church----ask them to call for help? Why wouldn't she trust 2 ladies in the church to help her before she ran into the dar parking lot all alone?

She might have felt too embarrassed that whatever it was will all come out and publicly talked about.

I have a feeling she got in over her head with the photos she had taken. Photographers don't do them for free. Someone paid for them. I still feel she was trying to protect her sister. That sleeping next to her was in fear someone was going to do something to both of them. She didn't share her secret because was probably told something bad would happen to family if she did. It seems likely whoever was threatening her was at GW. She distanced herself from sister for sisters safety. Find the photographer or how she was introduced to this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the posts here recentley have been brought up repeatidly in this thread, I find it surprising that more people aren't asking about the Papini connection brought up by a previous poster. Did anyone listen to the Nancy Grace podcast? Since the LAPD considers it to be a hoax in that case and in this, could it be? I honestly don't know if it's related, but it's very interesting to know that a women the same week in the same area was found half naked and duck taped, but police are claiming that voluntary. Not to mention 3 other women have recentley gone missing in the Valley. Personally I think maybe the sister might unwillingly know more and a hypnotherapist could help her remember hidden details subconsciously. Although it does sound like the family is exaughsted and needs a break. It is understandable why the family doesn't want media coverage, most victims families don't. It's also been posted that the PI might not want media coverage to protect MG. As another poster stated in this case that doesn't apply. No ransom, etc..At the beginning of this thread the x boyfriend was an obvious first suspect, but as things progress ( phones ringer, dog tracking, choker, etc.) more possibilities of abduction come to mind. Of course all we have are our assumptions at this point. Too bad nobody's in the area who could examine the contents of that dumpster, that is even if the dogs scent was actually correct. Untill the personal effects located at the scene are found conclusive everything is still hearsay. For those people who actually got on the phone, emailed, searched and of course Mistovin, all I can say is how amazed I am, and thankful I am to live in a world with people like you. Whatever happens in this case it will always be known here that there are people who care enough to do as much as they can and go out of their way to help someone in need. Absolutely amazed at all that has been done in such a short time period. Now let's bring Maricelo home.

code4SAR

Here's a youtube video she made in 2014 talking about being harrassed: [video=youtube;WyLlpjn_fJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyLlpjn_fJI[/video]
Haunting isn't it?

code4SAR

Have not read back n no time to stay. The ex is NOT in jail. He commented on the page. I rushed to let brother know and was told that it wasn't him because he lives in a neighboring state and had been seen all that week.
Last week they were sure it was him. I don't know if the police looked at him closely if they assume she ran off. I don't know.
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone

I've been speculating that he wasn't incarcerated in discussions outside of this forum based on some things I had found and some things I had not found (i.e. arrest records or inmate information). I'm not surprised to learn this, but I am more concerned for Maricela now. Even if she's voluntarily missing, if he is involved it bodes worse for her IMO. Also to me seems like the "secret" could involve him.

I am walking out the door for an appointment with my daughter but skimmed a couple of posts. Her ex took most of the lingerie photos per her family (although they did not know about a lot of them). A photographer in Beverly Hills took others but no one has a name. These are the older ones tho. Who knows about the recent ones or any that are not viewable.
The NG show last night of course brought up the similarities in Mari's case to some others. The person I spoke was was flabbergasted because he said just a few days after Mari went missing, he specifically asked the LAPD about other missing women that "fit the profile." They told him there were NONE. He said they had no idea she was even missing :( I highly doubt the police are even considering it but at least some other people are.

· The Goodwill camera captured her walking from the door towards her car/99 Cent Store. They were both in the same direction. Once she moved out of camera view, she disappeared. There were no signs of a struggle, no one saw anything and there is no other security footage.

She was walking away from her car towards the 99 Cent Store.

BBM

Did she walk towards her car or away from her car when she left GW?

Where was the car parked? Is it the red X in the back parking lot on the marked up SD photo?

BBM

Did she walk towards her car or away from her car when she left GW?

Where was the car parked? Is it the red X in the back parking lot on the marked up SD photo?

She walked in the direction of where her car was parked (it was parked in front of the 99 cent store and that's which way she went out the door in the surveillance video) but the video and information from the search indicate the dog following her scent never veered into the parking lot at all and merely walked down the sidewalk with the storefronts in that direction.

ETA:
The Goodwill camera captured her walking from the door towards her car/99 Cent Store. They were both in the same direction. Once she moved out of camera view, she disappeared. There were no signs of a struggle, no one saw anything and there is no other security footage.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eseda-12-January-2017&p=13078102#post13078102

Correct about the car and I apologise for the mistake. I actually discussed this very issue with SD just last night. While they reminded me that it had been over a week and it is a high traffic location, it's their belief that Mari didn't return to the car. Of course, the family stressed from day one that she never made it there. I agree. The dog was immediately confident and went straight into Jon's. She didn't even look towards the car

After watching the video, although its a few years old, I can't help to feel that maybe she was raped a few days before she disappeared. Im not sure why I feel this.

Let's be very careful to not give out addresses of a person of interest. Could lead to problems in the case and any slander or libel could be litigated.

code4SAR

I may have missed it, but has this person been names a person of interest by law enforcement? If not, then per TOS he can't be sleuthed here on WS.

Correct about the car and I apologise for the mistake. I actually discussed this very issue with SD just last night. While they reminded me that it had been over a week and it is a high traffic location, it's their belief that Mari didn't return to the car. Of course, the family stressed from day one that she never made it there. I agree. The dog was immediately confident and went straight into Jon's. She didn't even look towards the car

No problem! I just haven't been able to locate a post that stated where her car was parked (i'm re-reading for the 3rd time) and the two I quoted above contradicted each other. So, she parked in front of the 99 cent store, which is to the left upon exiting GW. That is also the direction she goes in the video. That is what I was trying to establish for certain. It does appear, though, that she walks straight out into the parking lot and not left down the side walk.

ETA: Found the photos on the FB page of where the car was parked! Taking notes this time

I wonder why she left GW and walked over to the Jon's Market? Did she want to use the restroom maybe? Did she need matches/lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member