Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mistivon, I'm sending my warmest, squeeziest hugs to you. You have been utterly the most amazing soldier I have ever seen here in WS. I just have used the word "amazing" a hundred times now, but it's so fitting... Damm the thesaurus.

I was watching some show with my BF the other day. There was a drug addict who'd had a premature baby, and while she was coming off her drugs and healing a nurse basically took the baby and helped it learn to eat, nurtured her, loved her... Fell in love with the baby. Later, the birth mother got better and was now ready to take her baby back. The nurse was hesitant to let go of the baby, to trust the mother with this precious child. But, the baby did belong to the mother, so the nurse had to step back and just let the baby go. She was sad, uncertain, scared, untrusting that the mother could care for the child.... Not like the nurse would have. As the viewer I would agree. But, the child belongs to the mother, and that is that.

Do you get what I'm saying? More hugs. :grouphug:

From the above link:

Tarzana mother pleads with police to find her missing daughter

"A Tarzana mother has made an emotional plea to Los Angeles police to locate her 26-year-old daughter who went missing after leaving a Goodwill store in Reseda more than a week ago.

In*an open letter*posted Monday on the Facebook Page Help Find Maricela Garcia, her mother — who shares the same name as her daughter — pleaded with police to examine a smashed cell phone and a choker found during a search of the vicinity on Saturday. Family members believe the items may have belonged to the missing woman although police have not confirmed that."

Also from the above link:

“That choker in your evidence room? That was her favorite thing to wear. I swear she would sleep and shower in it if she could!” the mother, who lives with her daughters, wrote in the letter. “If you look at it now, it’s obvious from the way it looked to have been ripped off her neck, that she will never wear it again. It’s all torn and tattered. I cannot allow myself to think of how it came to be that way.”"

Talking to Nancy's co-host now. They are definitely interested!

So if I understand correctly, she may have had her texting/talking phone with her the whole time? And maybe still has it? Any chance of tracking that number?

I've said all along that this is not about me. I never want any glory or praise. I'm even uncomfortable with the thanks from you guys (which is why I usually don't address them). This is not MY case. I don't know what's best and I've never done this before. So even while I was feeling hurt and kinda betrayed, I knew that was wrong and selfish. Believe me, I would LOVE to step back and let someone else run things. I would LOVE to get back to my "real life." I would still do everything in my power to bring Mari home and I would keep running the page and stuff like that...but I just don't feel right about this person. Unfortunately, I think she means well...maybe...but she has blinders on. You know you have to be open to every single possibility. If you are so focused on one person/scenario, you might miss the truth. I just worry about her motives and her ability. I, too, want what's best for Mari and would so gladly turn over the reins to ANYONE that could help her. But I've become protective, too. I have to step back a little. And I really appreciate the virtual hug. You have no idea how much I need it. I'm sending one back to you :)

mistivon, I'm sending my warmest, squeeziest hugs to you. You have been utterly the most amazing soldier I have ever seen here in WS. I just have used the word "amazing" a hundred times now, but it's so fitting... Damm the thesaurus.

I was watching some show with my BF the other day. There was a drug addict who'd had a premature baby, and while she was coming off her drugs and healing a nurse basically took the baby and helped it learn to eat, nurtured her, loved her... Fell in love with the baby. Later, the birth mother got better and was now ready to take her baby back. The nurse was hesitant to let go of the baby, to trust the mother with this precious child. But, the baby did belong to the mother, so the nurse had to step back and just let the baby go. She was sad, uncertain, scared, untrusting that the mother could care for the child.... Not like the nurse would have. As the viewer I would agree. But, the child belongs to the mother, and that is that.

Do you get what I'm saying? More hugs. :grouphug:

The police have to request that information. They are still maintaining no crime was committed and no reason to do so :(

So if I understand correctly, she may have had her texting/talking phone with her the whole time? And maybe still has it? Any chance of tracking that number?

..... It was also found right at the dumpster where her scent ended. But there was no other anything, no stone, no other piece...maybe her attacker could see the shiny stone to pick it up, I don't know.

Perhaps the stone on the choker skittered underneath the dumpster?

Maricela looks so different in each picture to me. This is the picture of her on the LAPDBLOG. http://www.lapdonline.org/west_valley_community_police_station/news_view/61678
attachment.php

Attachments

• nr17020jh 26 year old missing.jpg
    nr17020jh 26 year old missing.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 433
I agree. I am afraid that even I wouldn't recognize her, especially if she was trying to hide :(

The whole thing with her having two phones----that confuses and concerns me. Why does she need two? The explanation, that one is for the internet---makes no sense to me. So why exactly, does she need two phones? That worries me....makes me think she had a side thing going on...

ETA: Just went back to try and find the info about her having 2 phones...

Post #573:
Maricela carried two phones according to the family. She had an ATT Gophone which was her actual talking and texting phone. She carried a second phone that she used as an internet device. The phone found was her second phone. The first one is still missing. Good point about it being trashed behind GW. The only thing I can think of re: that is that when you come out of Kaiser and go north on Lindley, you can turn back into that parking lot as a short cut to Reseda. Maybe he wanted to see if her sister was around or police were there? No clue.
I DON'T believe it was staged. Why Maricela might have relapsed and been sucked back into the life, I don't think she would have deliberately created fear in her family. Disappeared? Maybe. Staged an abduction? IMO, no.

The whole thing with her having two phones----that confuses and concerns me. Why does she need two? The explanation, that one is for the internet---makes no sense to me. So why exactly, does she need two phones? That worries me....makes me think she had a side thing going on...

ETA: Just went back to try and find the info about her having 2 phones...

Post #573:
Maricela carried two phones according to the family. She had an ATT Gophone which was her actual talking and texting phone. She carried a second phone that she used as an internet device. The phone found was her second phone. The first one is still missing. Good point about it being trashed behind GW. The only thing I can think of re: that is that when you come out of Kaiser and go north on Lindley, you can turn back into that parking lot as a short cut to Reseda. Maybe he wanted to see if her sister was around or police were there? No clue.
I DON'T believe it was staged. Why Maricela might have relapsed and been sucked back into the life, I don't think she would have deliberately created fear in her family. Disappeared? Maybe. Staged an abduction? IMO, no.

My son carries two phones. He broke his iphone a while ago, had some personal issues, so I dropped him from our plan. He had an older smart phone that he could use when he had access to free wi-fi. He's on the right path now (time will tell) so I got him an inexpensive flip phone and put him back on the plan for calls and text only because it was too hard to reach him when he doesn't have access to wi-fi.

Mistivon your doing the right thing.

That pi , well I don't want to break the TOS but let's say I strongly disagree with her approach. As far as we know, they have nothing! Nobody has made demands or asked for a ransom so why on earth would she want to keep this case quiet ???? This isn't a novela where sleeping beauty gets kissed by her prince. The fact remains that a girl is missing and keeping quiet about it when the police do not seem to care could be the best way for her to be forgotten.

Let's hope that these major media outlets run this story. Someone in that area Had to have saw something.
One time we where visiting a store ( like a Walmart) when we saw a man and lady fighting. He pushed her into a car. My friend said we should not intervene because it could be a domestic situation. I said it still warranted a call to the police. My point is that sometimes people see things but don't want to call the police. They don't want to get involved. Someone may have saw something.

It appears that she had a go phone. For those who aren't aware, it's a cheap prepaid type phone. So it makes perfect sense why she would carry two. One was for actual calls or texts. The other had a browser so she could access the internet.

Imo the fact that she had two phones and took one with her while one was lost or ditched, opens up other possible scenarios that we previously thought of as unlikely.

It was said that visiting the GW store wasn't Mari's idea but a spontaneous decision of her sister, hence a planned meet up of Maricela with another person in that area was very unlikely, and contacting someone after she left GW and lost/ditched the phone seemed impossible. But knowing now that she had another phone on her while moving around, she could have called/texted someone to come pick her up, or someone called/texted her. Perhaps they decided to meet behind Kaisers because it is so secluded. What happened from there I don't know. Maybe she got into the car with them, or was forced to. Maybe she meant to be right back at the GW but things turned out differently.

I'm flabbergasted LE refuses (?) to ping her phone. Why would they not at least attempt this? Although I would assume that phone is disabled now, otherwise I think Maricela would have called family by now. Nevertheless it would be very helpful to know where and when that phone last pinged.

@mistivon, not only do you have my utmost respect for what you are doing for Maricela and the family, I'm also very impressed with how you handle yourself under stress. This can't be easy. *tipping my hat! Take a breather, do something good and fun for yourself and your loved ones. You need it and deserve it.

Imo the fact that she had two phones and took one with her while one was lost or ditched, opens up other possible scenarios that we previously thought of as unlikely.

It was said that visiting the GW store wasn't Mari's idea but a spontaneous decision of her sister, hence a planned meet up of Maricela with another person in that area was very unlikely, and contacting someone after she left GW and lost/ditched the phone seemed impossible. But knowing now that she had another phone on her while moving around, she could have called/texted someone to come pick her up, or someone called/texted her. Perhaps they decided to meet behind Kaisers because it is so secluded. What happened from there I don't know. Maybe she got into the car with them, or was forced to. Maybe she meant to be right back at the GW but things turned out differently.

Totally agree. I assume the phone that was blowing up with music in the store was her GoPhone. Pretty typical for cheap flip phones to have music ringtones. She didn't want to answer in front of her sister so she shut the phone off and went outside to call the person back and presumably plan the meetup at Kaiser. Planned meetup was already in my top 2 possibilities, but now it is solidly top 1.

I feel the two people who approached Sarah need to be vetted immediately. I also feel Sarah could now also be in danger. We know what city they are from, we know her mom's name, that means they do and they could find their house. Easily.

** I am still several pages behind. Things are really rolling. A couple of other very high profile television crime shows are interested. LAPD has contacted me. Other people that can help. Unfortunately, the PI that wants this family to retain her has convinced the family that media would mean her death. I am doing everything I can to counter that belief. We all have worked tirelessly to get this girl the attention she deserves and it is all being undone within a couple hours time by one person. I am frustrated, I am exhausted and frankly, I feel like my heart is breaking. You all have been so wonderful. Even when I haven't been by to answer questions or keep you posted, you still help. You want to find her as much as I do. I am just not sure which way to go now.

BBM.Try persuading the family to ask her to do this pro bono or cut her fees in half. I understand it is her livelihood, BUT, if she has approached them trying to get them to let her work for them, it's worth a shot. Unless there is info we haven't heard, no one has come forward telling them not to involve police.

Oh gosh, my mistake about the phone and the dog. YES, as Mr Mistivon was marking the phone's location, he crossed paths with the dog. The dog DID identify that location as where Maricela had been. I am not good at drawing on maps and things. I am so sorry.

Again, no items have been confirmed by the police as being hers. From what her family has said tho, she never would have purposely damaged the choker. She wore it everywhere.

I have not been able to confirm the ex is actually in jail. I could not find him on any webpages/databases, although I am not near a pro at doing that. Maybe someone else can? Although, at first the family it was certain it was him. They were apparently told by the police that he was locked up so they believe it.

WOW! on both these above.

So the dogs did locate on her scent at the dumpster where her phone was found?

[Also, if there is a burner phone missing, possibly the LAPD can ping that if they are truly willing to get involved now. ]

I could see if the choker were her favorite item that she wore all the time, she would have a very difficult time tearing that off if she were staging something.

If the ex is not in jail, I think he is prime suspect #1. I find the likelihood of M being abducted twice so hard to imagine, but being abducted twice by the same lunatic, I can get behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax