Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because she may have went willingly "initially" with people known to her, it is not a kidnapping even when she is being held against her will? Then what is it called?

OK Im confident that I might now know why LE are not investigating MG's disappearance. OK look, for most of you will recall the Sherri Papini kidnapping case out of Redding California. There has been a lot of speculation of that case being a hoax. In my research of news articles, there have been three other women in the last 2 months who have disappeared from the reading area. Jessica Roggencamp, 44; Stacy Smart, 52; and Amy Snow, 25. Feel free to Google those names to get the details of their disappearances. Then most recently on Friday January 13th ( I believe maybe the same day that Maricela disappeared) a women reported she was kidnapped from her house in Sherman Oaks by two women. She believed the reason for her kidnapping was for prostitution and first claimed she did not know the abductors. That same night on the corner of Sherman Way and white oak ( one intersection away from Lindley) she reported she was dropped off by her abductors she was found partially nude and duct taped she was too distraught too give anymore information. Law enforcement thought she was under the influence of some drug because she was incoherent at times. LE classified this Van Nuys abduction as a copycat of Pepini's case. I have attached a link to Nancy Grace crime podcasts. On 1/19/17 she spoke with Alan Duke who provides much insight to why LAPD speculate this as a hoax. There is a taped conversation between Alan and the Van Nuys officer in charge of the police report. In this interview the officer states that because it was later determined that the Van Nuys woman lied about knowing her abductors and they believe she may have willingly went in the car it is determined this was not considered a legal kidnapping. Her disappearance, assault, drugging, is being considered a "voluntary missing person". A member (Michelle Seukunian) of MG's Facebook page stated this afternoon:
"I know that a woman was also abducted from Canoga and Burbank in Woodland Hills. That's only 5-10 minutes away."
Now that sheds a light on why LAPD is treating this case the same and refusing to call it a kidnapping and will not investigate. This Nancy Grace podcast is a MUST LISTEN!! She disagrees with LAPD and debates their lack of investigation. My thoughts immediately is to get in contact with Nancy Grace because Maricela's disappearance only collaborats with her belief these are not copycat cases of Pepini's. Having her exposure will definitely bring justice to Maricela.http://http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/
*LISTEN TO SHERRI PAPINI COPYCATS*

It is also on dateline NBC's twitter but I can't seem to link it. Maybe someone else can?

https://www.facebook.com/datelinenbc/posts/10154810757111420?__mref=message_bubble

I just want to give a HUGE shout out to Missing Pieces Network for arranging this interview. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am. Thank you so much (and those words are so lame)
[video=twitter;823657368668033025]https://twitter.com/DatelineNBC/status/823657368668033025[/video]

The Nancy Grace article....who do I email/tag/post to so that they have Maricela's information. Maybe they can look into her case also being linked.

Did anyone ever contact Equusearch or however you spell it? I will look into doing that if y'all think they might come. Just not sure since she really could be anywhere if she got into a car in that parking lot.

Did anyone ever contact Equusearch or however you spell it? I will look into doing that if y'all think they might come. Just not sure since she really could be anywhere if she got into a car in that parking lot.

I think that Equusearch requires LE to ask for them to come and search. At lest that was their policy in past cases.

Thank you

From their website:

: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case.

Contact Nancy Grace at 909-49-CRIME and leave a recorded message for her podacst.

code4SAR

The Nancy Grace article....who do I email/tag/post to so that they have Maricela's information. Maybe they can look into her case also being linked.
Contact Nancy Grace at 909-49-CRIME and leave a recorded message for her podacst

code4SAR

That reminds me... just watched Gone Girl last night. Good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my research of news articles, there have been three other women in the last 2 months who have disappeared from the reading area. Jessica Roggencamp, 44; Stacy Smart, 52; and Amy Snow, 25. Feel free to Google those names to get the details of their disappearances.

Snipped and bolded by me.

Google....or look here on Websleuths for threads devoted to them. :)

Welcome to WS.

Caribou Birdie what was the 3rd item found? The red x's are found items. I see 3 red x's. Do we know what the 3rd item was? Was it the cigarette butt that was her brand?

What if she's ran from someone, they chased her to the Kaiser dumpster. Did something to her and then walked back to their car and disposed of the phone. Also, they could have driven back to the Kaiser parking lot and put her in the car?

Her phone, which only the brother has confirmed was hers. Cigarettes by the car, which the sister saw but no one has confirmed they're Maricela's and the choker by the Kaiser dumpster.

Is there an image of her in the choker necklace anywhere? I'd be curious to see how easy or hard it looks to rip off.
The fact that it was ripped at all .... Maricela did not rip it off. I really didn't want to be where mistivon was about the dumpster, but after reading that I very much am. [emoji22]

<snip> In this interview the officer states that because it was later determined that the Van Nuys woman lied about knowing her abductors and they believe she may have willingly went in the car it is determined this was not considered a legal kidnapping. Her disappearance, assault, drugging, is being considered a "voluntary missing person". A member (Michelle Seukunian) of MG's Facebook page stated this afternoon:
"I know that a woman was also abducted from Canoga and Burbank in Woodland Hills. That's only 5-10 minutes away."
Now that sheds a light on why LAPD is treating this case the same and refusing to call it a kidnapping and will not investigate. This Nancy Grace podcast is a MUST LISTEN!! She disagrees with LAPD and debates their lack of investigation. My thoughts immediately is to get in contact with Nancy Grace because Maricela's disappearance only collaborats with her belief these are not copycat cases of Pepini's. Having her exposure will definitely bring justice to Maricela.http://http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/
*LISTEN TO SHERRI PAPINI COPYCATS*

Snipped by me. Say what?! What is California's legal definition of kidnapping, I wonder. I live in a different state, but we've had cases in my state where someone would voluntarily go to another person's house and was later prevented from leaving (drugs were involved) and that resulted in kidnapping charges.

A part of me almost feels like it was planned. She tells her sister she has a secret and sleeps next to her like maybe to be close to her before she leaves, her mom mentions she was acting odd or scared (can't remember exact wording). The why could be she felt she was in danger for some reason or maybe she had some type of offer of some sort that maybe wouldn't be approved of or illegal? Thinking maybe she was to meet someone someplace at a certain time but when her sister then asks her to go to goodwill it through things off timing for her? The odd pattern to her path in the parking lot maybe to avoid being seen by her sister till whomever got there to pick her up? Looks like there are several businesses and weird how no one other than the people in the church seen her. I don't know just throwing some ideas out there that crossed my mind. I don't think she dropped the phone cause the sim card was removed.

Just caught up on the thread and all I can say is WOW! YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING! I have never seen such a tightly run search as this here in WS. I hope Maricela's family knows they are getting the very best this site has to offer. And I feel like this is EXACTLY why WS exists.

I'm so proud of you mistivon. I just can't put into words how much respect I have for you to take this on. You really seem like you have a checklist you are running through. From over here, it's going very smoothly. Seriously! You are amazing. I'm in awe!!!

The fact that it was ripped at all .... Maricela did not rip it off. I really didn't want to be where mistivon was about the dumpster, but after reading that I very much am. [emoji22]

Seems like she might rip off a favorite article of clothing as part of a psychotic episode. I could also see her doing this to stage a kidnapping or even to mark the spot where she actually was kidnapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95