Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me almost feels like it was planned. She tells her sister she has a secret and sleeps next to her like maybe to be close to her before she leaves, her mom mentions she was acting odd or scared (can't remember exact wording). The why could be she felt she was in danger for some reason or maybe she had some type of offer of some sort that maybe wouldn't be approved of or illegal? Thinking maybe she was to meet someone someplace at a certain time but when her sister then asks her to go to goodwill it through things off timing for her? The odd pattern to her path in the parking lot maybe to avoid being seen by her sister till whomever got there to pick her up? Looks like there are several businesses and weird how no one other than the people in the church seen her. I don't know just throwing some ideas out there that crossed my mind. I don't think she dropped the phone cause the sim card was removed.

I think the diagnol street crossing at a busy intersection could have been to avoid being seen by the sister. Like she started to cross south, realized it might put her in view of the goodwill, and veered east.

Are we 100% certain that the choker was actually hers? My 24 yr old has one just like that---and I have seen her friends wearing similar ones as well. Could it have been an old one that was being thrown away?

Contact Nancy Grace at 909-49-CRIME and leave a recorded message for her podacst.

code4SAR

Mistivon please contact Nancy grace. This might be exactly what this case needs right now

It's 9pm here on the east coast right now, I never heard from a supervisor at the dumpster management company so I'm going to assume the info Ramon gave me is accurate. ( I think he would've called back by now if he thought anything we discussed was not accurate by this time. He seemed genuinely concerned and seemed more then willing to help)

Tomorrow we need to organize more calls and emails. Maybe we should start a separate thread where people can post numbers and emails and others can reply that they've contacted that agency.

Are we 100% certain that the choker was actually hers? My 24 yr old has one just like that---and I have seen her friends wearing similar ones as well. Could it have been an old one that was being thrown away?

For that matter, a smashed burner phone would not be an unusual thing to see in a marginal area, but we are working with what we got here!

I'm personally going with what the family says until more evidence is available.
The family says she's not mentally ill, that they found her phone with the sim removed,choker necklace broken off, and they believe a crime has taken place.
Until there's proof that no crime happened, I think this deserves to be looked into as a possible abduction.

A part of me almost feels like it was planned. She tells her sister she has a secret and sleeps next to her like maybe to be close to her before she leaves, her mom mentions she was acting odd or scared (can't remember exact wording). The why could be she felt she was in danger for some reason or maybe she had some type of offer of some sort that maybe wouldn't be approved of or illegal? Thinking maybe she was to meet someone someplace at a certain time but when her sister then asks her to go to goodwill it through things off timing for her? The odd pattern to her path in the parking lot maybe to avoid being seen by her sister till whomever got there to pick her up? Looks like there are several businesses and weird how no one other than the people in the church seen her. I don't know just throwing some ideas out there that crossed my mind. I don't think she dropped the phone cause the sim card was removed.
I tend to lean toward an abduction because the trip to GW was not planned and she did not text anyone while with her sister. So planning on disappearing under those circumstances seem to be out the window IMO.
I still get the feeling someone was following her without her knowledge, and could possibly have something to do with her "secret".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I keep wondering about the guy on the video with a knife that was reported in that area. I don't know why, but that keeps coming back to me - or someone else with bad intentions. The places she ran to don't make sense, but a lot of times people in a panic do things that don't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Equusearch requires LE to ask for them to come and search. At lest that was their policy in past cases.
That might be true now... we reached out to them a year ago and they were willing to go to California for us.

Realistically - what are the chances she is abducted 2 years ago by her then-boyfriend, and her being abducted again?

The chances are, as it seems, pretty solid.

I keep wondering about the guy on the video with a knife that was reported in that area. I don't know why, but that keeps coming back to me - or someone else with bad intentions. The places she ran to don't make sense, but a lot of times people in a panic do things that don't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep coming back to this, too, for some reason. That was like one of the creepiest things I've ever seen! I'm not sure how you would ever sleep in that house again. If it was me, I might start looking to move!

Ok, I have a few minutes so will read back and try to answer questions in the order they were posted.

Yes, the police told the dad to get his own dogs. There was not probable cause to take a dog out there.

Rachel1, you rock! Thank you so much for your help with the recycling company.

Looking at all the similar cases. I really feel that this is along the lines of what happened. Maricela may be super shy in person, but she wanted to be seen as a Playboy type model. I am still considering a "meet up" to get a portfolio, take a picture, something of that sort as to what started this whole chain of events.

Please keep in mind, these items have NOT been determined to be hers. I don't know how long that usually takes, although pretty certain they are a super low priority for this police force. The choker looked iffy to me, although a searcher thought it similar enough looking to call us over. It was the right width and did look like it would have been ripped off her neck, but it could have been something as innocent as a strip of fabric off a shirt. The brother and mother were ADAMANT that it was hers and the PD did come pick it up. It was also found right at the dumpster where her scent ended. But there was no other anything, no stone, no other piece...maybe her attacker could see the shiny stone to pick it up, I don't know.

Maricela carried two phones according to the family. She had an ATT Gophone which was her actual talking and texting phone. She carried a second phone that she used as an internet device. The phone found was her second phone. The first one is still missing. Good point about it being trashed behind GW. The only thing I can think of re: that is that when you come out of Kaiser and go north on Lindley, you can turn back into that parking lot as a short cut to Reseda. Maybe he wanted to see if her sister was around or police were there? No clue.
I DON'T believe it was staged. Why Maricela might have relapsed and been sucked back into the life, I don't think she would have deliberately created fear in her family. Disappeared? Maybe. Staged an abduction? IMO, no.

I completely agree with the idea of getting an attorney. However, just in the last hour or so, the PI (who I know from another local group), has pretty much taken everything over. I am thinking of backing out and letting her handle everything at this point. I imagine the family will do her bidding and for some reason, I get the feeling she would not agree with that.

I posted the letter to both the West Valley division AND the MPU FB page. Great idea! I think more people should post on their pages.

I run the FB page (thanks only to and MPN who set it up) and published the letter there immediately before sending it to the media :)

** I am still several pages behind. Things are really rolling. A couple of other very high profile television crime shows are interested. LAPD has contacted me. Other people that can help. Unfortunately, the PI that wants this family to retain her has convinced the family that media would mean her death. I am doing everything I can to counter that belief. We all have worked tirelessly to get this girl the attention she deserves and it is all being undone within a couple hours time by one person. I am frustrated, I am exhausted and frankly, I feel like my heart is breaking. You all have been so wonderful. Even when I haven't been by to answer questions or keep you posted, you still help. You want to find her as much as I do. I am just not sure which way to go now.

Ok, I have a few minutes so will read back and try to answer questions in the order they were posted.

Yes, the police told the dad to get his own dogs. There was not probable cause to take a dog out there.

Looking at all the similar cases. I really feel that this is along the lines of what happened. Maricela may be super shy in person, but she wanted to be seen as a Playboy type model. I am still considering a "meet up" to get a portfolio, take a picture, something of that sort as to what started this whole chain of events.

Please keep in mind, these items have NOT been determined to be hers. I don't know how long that usually takes, although pretty certain they are a super low priority for this police force. The choker looked iffy to me, although a searcher thought it similar enough looking to call us over. It was the right width and did look like it would have been ripped off her neck, but it could have been something as innocent as a strip of fabric off a shirt. The brother and mother were ADAMANT that it was hers and the PD did come pick it up. It was also found right at the dumpster where her scent ended. But there was no other anything, no stone, no other piece...maybe her attacker could see the shiny stone to pick it up, I don't know.

Maricela carried two phones according to the family. She had an ATT Gophone which was her actual talking and texting phone. She carried a second phone that she used as an internet device. The phone found was her second phone. The first one is still missing. Good point about it being trashed behind GW. The only thing I can think of re: that is that when you come out of Kaiser and go north on Lindley, you can turn back into that parking lot as a short cut to Reseda. Maybe he wanted to see if her sister was around or police were there? No clue.
I DON'T believe it was staged. Why Maricela might have relapsed and been sucked back into the life, I don't think she would have deliberately created fear in her family. Disappeared? Maybe. Staged an abduction? IMO, no.

I completely agree with the idea of getting an attorney. However, just in the last hour or so, the PI (who I know from another local group), has pretty much taken everything over. I am thinking of backing out and letting her handle everything at this point. I imagine the family will do her bidding and for some reason, I get the feeling she would not agree with that.

I posted the letter to both the West Valley division AND the MPU FB page. Great idea! I think more people should post on their pages.

I run the FB page (thanks only to and MPN who set it up) and published the letter there immediately before sending it to the media :)

** I am still several pages behind. Things are really rolling. A couple of other very high profile television crime shows are interested. LAPD has contacted me. Other people that can help. Unfortunately, the PI that wants this family to retain her has convinced the family that media would mean her death. I am doing everything I can to counter that belief. We all have worked tirelessly to get this girl the attention she deserves and it is all being undone within a couple hours time by one person. I am frustrated, I am exhausted and frankly, I feel like my heart is breaking. You all have been so wonderful. Even when I haven't been by to answer questions or keep you posted, you still help. You want to find her as much as I do. I am just not sure which way to go now.

Mistivon, I just want you to know that if I ever go missing, I hope I have a friend like you to step up and help find me! We all need a Mistivon in our life!

Keep being strong! I know you have to be exhausted...mentally, emotionally and physically. Just know: we are here for you and Maricela! :hug:

You have done A LOT today, mistivon. My suggestion is that you go to bed and get a good sleep. Tell yourself, as your mind races, that you'll consider your next step tomorrow. Don't try to figure out what to do about the PI tonight.

The female lead was based on some social media postings by an older woman the brother called a mamasan...I think that is like a madame. If the PI will stop focusing on this one man, maybe she will look into it.

Oh gosh, my mistake about the phone and the dog. YES, as Mr Mistivon was marking the phone's location, he crossed paths with the dog. The dog DID identify that location as where Maricela had been. I am not good at drawing on maps and things. I am so sorry.

Bornblest6 I have been contacted by someone in the LAPD who has Senior Officers wanting to talk to me and get more information. The higher ups are listening. You (and everyone else) are a godsend. You all have done more in a few hours than I have in a week. I cannot thank you all enough. Words are so inadequate.

The Nancy Grace show has contacted me. I am talking to the family about interviewing now.

Until I saw the Kaiser parking lot and how far back that dumpster was, I, too, thought the hiding might have been from Sarah. If Mari had been in front of Kaiser and seen Sarah crossing the street, the closest logical place to hide was the doorway where the dog indicated she did exactly that. BUT, the dumpster is way far out of range for that. IF she'd felt the need to go into that back parking lot, not only is it fenced so you really can't see into it from the street, but against the building itself are really tall hedges. A person could squeeze through the opening and there's a huge area in back that cannot be seen from the parking lot. She would have been completely hidden. When I saw that dumpster, that eliminated in my mind, the possibility of her just hiding from her sister.

Again, no items have been confirmed by the police as being hers. From what her family has said tho, she never would have purposely damaged the choker. She wore it everywhere.

I have not been able to confirm the ex is actually in jail. I could not find him on any webpages/databases, although I am not near a pro at doing that. Maybe someone else can? Although, at first the family it was certain it was him. They were apparently told by the police that he was locked up so they believe it.

I am not doing much at all. Since she is not home, it is not near enough. Without WS and /MPN, I wouldn't be doing anything. I would have scrolled right by the brother's request for help. Without everyone here, this would be nowhere. I've told my husband for years that if something happens to me, the first place he should go after the police is to Websleuths. Now I've told him to contact immediately as well :)

No rest for me tonight, now it's time to try to get some real work done for my boss :)

Mistivon... If I ever go missing, I want you to take charge and run the show !!! They are so lucky to have you !! Please let us know what else we can do. I am far away but can make calls, etc or anything else you need !! You are awesome !!!

Mistivon, I just want you to know that if I ever go missing, I hope I have a friend like you to step up and help find me! We all need a Mistivon in our life!

Keep being strong! I know you have to be exhausted...mentally, emotionally and physically. Just know: we are here for you and Maricela! :hug:

You have done A LOT today, mistivon. My suggestion is that you go to bed and get a good sleep. Tell yourself, as your mind races, that you'll consider your next step tomorrow. Don't try to figure out what to do about the PI tonight.

I totally agree with all of the above.

I know it must be frustrating to listen to the PI, advising you to shut down the press for now. But I can see where she is coming from.

The publicity is going to help find her if she is out and about, possibly voluntarily or having mental health issues. But if she was abducted, then no one is going to see her out in the public, most likely. So publicity will not be helpful.

IF, and I say IF, she is being held by kidnappers/traffickers/stalker, then the publicity could do her a lot of harm. It may drive them to get rid of her prematurely. :cry: So I do understand what the PI is trying to say.

Bless you, Mistivon. Perhaps Maricela's family doesn't want to overburden you and they do know how much you've done.
That being said, I think you're amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member