Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she left GW and walked over to the Jon's Market? Did she want to use the restroom maybe? Did she need matches/lighter?

I suppose she might have gone into Jon's to call back whoever was calling her when she was in the goodwill. Maybe she wanted to have the conversation outside of view of her sister.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/...choker-found-ripped-off-her-neck-mother-says/

"the missing woman’s brother, said a smashed cell phone, which did not have a SIM card, was found in a planter behind the Goodwill building. The frayed-looking black choker, similar to the one his sister wore, was found behind a dumpster outside a nearby medical building, he said."

BBM. Are these locations mentioned by MSM accurate?

I may have missed it, but has this person been names a person of interest by law enforcement? If not, then per TOS he can't be sleuthed here on WS.

Correct he hasn't been named and should not be sleuthed.

Folks no one has been named a POI or suspect so sleuthing the ex is off limits.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/...choker-found-ripped-off-her-neck-mother-says/

"the missing woman’s brother, said a smashed cell phone, which did not have a SIM card, was found in a planter behind the Goodwill building. The frayed-looking black choker, similar to the one his sister wore, was found behind a dumpster outside a nearby medical building, he said."

BBM. Are these locations mentioned by MSM accurate?

Reading this quote again...if the phone found was indeed just her "internet" phone and not used for texting or talking, would it even have a SIM card to begin with? I'm an iPhone user so I am unfamiliar with removable SIM cards and what will function without them.

[IMG said:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108297&stc=1[/IMG]

Is that a shipping container behind the dumpster? I just noticed it. Has anyone checked in there? Her scent ended here...

someone else chucked her phone? after?
Thrown out of a car? Is it even her phone? We need the security camera footage from all relevant busineses reviewed and uploaded before it's gone forever. Most hard drives only retain video for two weeks to a month.

code4SAR

Yes, she corrected that. The dog did locate on the area where the phone was found and I have not seen anyone confirm it was her phone.

Sorry for the confusion with my earlier post folks.

Agreed. So many pretty girls trying to break into acting or modeling. We haven't really focused on the fact that Maricela had some rather risque and seemingly professional pictures posted online.

I'm thinking the photos are also a good lead to follow. I'm wondering if she did a photo shoot or made a video that was beyond "fashion shoot" and perhaps the photos/video were posted on the net or were being used to force her into doing more "or else."

I don't like searching for that stuff, but perhaps a braver soul can do some image searches online.

Reading this quote again...if the phone found was indeed just her "internet" phone and not used for texting or talking, would it even have a SIM card to begin with? I'm an iPhone user so I am unfamiliar with removable SIM cards and what will function without them.

I'm not a phone expert, but I think it's plausible she has multiple SIM cards. I have half a dozen phones in my apartment, and at least as many SIM cards. I couldn't even tell you where they all came from or why I have them.

I think news of the second phone is a huge bombshell, and answers to our questions about it could really help us figure this one out. My top question would be focused on whether the repeated/continuous music was somebody calling her multiple times. It was initially presented as unclear why her phone (which one of her phones?) kept playing music. To me, somebody calling repeatedly is way more likely than some kind of phone malfunction.

Just thought of another question... what song/songs were playing? Are they ones commonly used as ringtones?

I'm thinking the photos are also a good lead to follow. I'm wondering if she did a photo shoot or made a video that was beyond "fashion shoot" and perhaps the photos/video were posted on the net or were being used to force her into doing more "or else."

I don't like searching for that stuff, but perhaps a braver soul can do some image searches online.

I believe the photos were altered /compressed for websize. If anyone from family comes across the photo files I can work on pulling meta data from them. Which can if camera was set up
Properly set up camera which most professional photographers do metadata can show GPS of where photo was taken , copyright name, time, date etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, she corrected that. The dog did locate on the area where the phone was found and I have not seen anyone confirm it was her phone.

Sorry for the confusion with my earlier post folks.
No confusion, sorry I wasn't asking if it the phone was hers, or thrown from a car. That's been brought up over and over along with so many other what if's. I think the number one priority at this point is getting the security camera footage from all relevant busineses before they're gone permanently. Might not be anything from the bank, Jon's, 711, etc., but then again it could be the smoking gun.

code4SAR

I've been speculating that he wasn't incarcerated in discussions outside of this forum based on some things I had found and some things I had not found (i.e. arrest records or inmate information). I'm not surprised to learn this, but I am more concerned for Maricela now. Even if she's voluntarily missing, if he is involved it bodes worse for her IMO. Also to me seems like the "secret" could involve him.

I do keep wondering about the secret. (There is no way I could tell my sister I had a secret without her getting the information out of me!) Some thoughts about what it could be:

* Pregnancy
* *advertiser censored* deal
* Photo shoot gone bad
* Reunited with ex
* Other ideas?

Of course, the secret could be anything in the world. I'm thinking the secret was not good news because of the mood the family noticed leading up to her disappearance.

^^ I think your right.
I know for a fact that my current job only saves images for thirty days. After that, they are not retrievable.
So I'm sure other businesses may have the same set up

^^ I think your right.
I know for a fact that my current job only saves images for thirty days. After that, they are not retrievable.
So I'm sure other businesses may have the same set up
If the camera is using more RAM for better clarity (HD 1080) in some cases it might only hold a week's worth of data. If the PI was retained I sure hope they've already moved on it.

code4SAR

Mistivon said the 7-11, Jon's and one other business said to come back Monday and they would be happy to help. Did anyone go back? Anyway to contact these places? As stated before, I'm in Georgia but I am happy to help if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin