Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible. But wouldn't LE be more receptive to her being in trouble, if they knew she was setting up drug deals for them?

@ Katydid23 yeah that's true they should be but I personally know 2 acquaintance from my circle in back in high school that were killed by local Mexican gang members because they were snitches. What happened was they were both killed not while in the middle of a drug deal monitored by LAPD. Both people made the deadly mistake of still using while working as informants. So while meeting up with dealers for their own personal drugs, they got murdered. LE's weren't aware if the transaction until after their deaths. They both were warned not to hang out with the crowd anymore because of the danger but their addictions were much stronger. Idk probably not what happened to MG.

I have no idea who stated that. If you read 'my' post it stated Sarah asked people if she could use their phone, Payless was noted in the beginning of the thread. After she left the church it was stated that 2 sketchy guys at 'the stores' asked about the broken phone. They could've overheard her or other people in the shopping center talking about a girl looking for her sister who needs a phone due to her battery being dead. I also stated Idk if the exact timeline is accurate, nor have I questioned the sister myself. And yes, they could be involved. What are we able to do about it, I mean who are they, are they on security camera, are they locals, do they live there, are they.....

code4SAR

The two men asked for the time and if Sarah's phone was dead, they didn't ask if it was broken. Sarah, Maricela's sister, asked to use Payless's phone and was turned away. But where was it stated she was asking other people in the shopping center to use their phones? I don't remember that. I don't recall being told how she made a call or acquired a ride. TIA.

Approximately 8:00 PM: Sarah becomes more worried because it is dark and raining and the car is locked. She goes into the 99 Cent Store and into Payless but no one has seen Maricela. She asks to use the phone in Payless because her phone is dead and was turned away.
Approximately 8:15 PM: Sarah goes into the chapel of Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. The two women in there tell her they saw Maricela approximately 25 - 30 minutes prior. She "stormed out" looking upset or worried. They ask Sarah if Maricela was sick.
Approximately 8:25 PM: Sarah sees two men outside the stores. They are "sketchy" and give her a bad vibe. One of them asks for the time and wants to know if her phone is dead.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eseda-12-January-2017&p=13079622#post13079622

Quoted portion snipped by me

In New Orleans, people were going around asking for the time. When you pull out your phone to check, they grab it and run. Happened to my friend. That was the first thing I thought of. They asked for the time, she said she didn't know, they asked if her phone was dead (meaning could she check the phone for the time).
So are you saying you think they're involved, or it could be an unrelated attempted robery?

code4SAR

I doubt that those 2 sketchy men had anything to do with MG's disappearance. Would they be just hanging around the same parking lot if they had just abducted a young woman? Maybe, but it does not make a lot of sense unless they had some help from others.

The two men asked for the time and if Sarah's phone was dead, they didn't ask if it was broken. Sarah, Maricela's sister, asked to use Payless's phone and was turned away. But where was it stated she was asking other people in the shopping center to use their phones? I don't remember that. I don't recall being told how she made a call or acquired a ride. TIA.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eseda-12-January-2017&p=13079622#post13079622

Quoted portion snipped by me
We are all reading the same post. Look at the alleged timeline from when she asked Payless for the phone then encountered two sketchy guys at the 'stores'. Definitely enough time for one of them to have overheard or noticed what was going on. Then again another person posted that robbers in New Orleans approach people asking the time and when they pull out a phone rob them. Maybe a completley unrelated scenario of sketchy guys looking to rob Sarah. Who knows? I sure dont. Just debating wild assumtions. In the mean time I hope those cameras are checked.

code4SAR

Just thinking out loud here. Sadly, my personal belief is that MG met with some type of foul play. Recently though, I've been wondering about another possibility. I wonder if MG may have been suffering from some type of mental health crisis. I think what got me started wondering was the comment from her sister about her having a secret and then sleeping with her sister for several nights afterward. I just hope Maricela turns up safe and sound.

We are all reading the same post. Look at the alleged timeline from when she asked Payless for the phone then encountered two sketchy guys at the 'stores'. Definitely enough time for one of them to have overheard or noticed what was going on. Then again another person posted that robbers in New Orleans approach people asking the time and when they pull out a phone rob them. Maybe a completley unrelated scenario of sketchy guys looking to rob Sarah. Who knows? I sure dont. Just debating wild assumtions. In the mean time I hope those cameras are checked.

code4SAR
I thought I missed a post stating Sarah asked other people to use their phones. I don't think that's been indicated. I understand your speculation, she may have asked others to use their phones but if it were me I'd only ask stores.

Just parroting code4SAR here... there are endless possible scenarios. It's all guesswork at this point until more variables are uncovered. Retrieving surveillance footage and pinging that phone or getting records for it is instrumental. We can come up with theories forever.

Just parroting code4SAR here... there are endless possible scenarios. It's all guesswork at this point until more variables are uncovered. Retrieving surveillance footage and pinging that phone or getting records for it is instrumental. We can come up with theories forever.

To be fair, we have been getting new facts pretty rapidly. Just in the last 48 hours, we learned of the second cellphone, the torn choker, and the ex being out of jail. Some discussions here go in circles for weeks or months without any new significant facts.

This is true, however I think coming up with different scenarios could spark the sister's memory onto something or someone. She might know more than she herself even realizes.
There's been some great ideas here.

To be fair, we have been getting new facts pretty rapidly. Just in the last 48 hours, we learned of the second cellphone, the torn choker, and the ex being out of jail. Some discussions here go in circles for weeks or months without any new significant facts.

I hope and pray that LE processes that choker---checking for DNA etc. I'd really like to know for sure if it was actually hers. If so, that is very very frightening. How would it get tattered so quickly?

Was she wearing that choker when she went missing?

Oh yeah.

The more I think about it, the less I think it was actually her choker found behind the dumpster. She was dressed warmly and bundled up for rain. I doubt she was wearing that choker with her beanie and winter boots. There was no mention of it in the description of her clothing she was last seen wearing. And I don't understand how it could get so tattered so quickly. If it was torn off of her in a struggle, it is possible. but I am not sure she was actually wearing it with her winter clothing on a rainy night. I may be wrong, of course.

The more I think about it, the less I think it was actually her choker found behind the dumpster. She was dressed warmly and bundled up for rain. I doubt she was wearing that choker with her beanie and winter boots. There was no mention of it in the description of her clothing she was last seen wearing. And I don't understand how it could get so tattered so quickly. If it was torn off of her in a struggle, it is possible. but I am not sure she was actually wearing it with her winter clothing on a rainy night. I may be wrong, of course.

The mom and family stated it was hers and that she rarely took it off. I guess they "could" be wrong but seems unlikely. In her mom's "open letter" she references it and seems to feel strongly it was hers.

The mom and family stated it was hers and that she rarely took it off. I guess they "could" be wrong but seems unlikely. In her mom's "open letter" she references it and seems to feel strongly it was hers.

Although mistivon seemed skeptical that it was even a choker at all.

I know and I should just accept it. But I do have some doubts. It is not the kind of necklace one wears under winter clothing on a rainy day.

Maybe she did wear it every day. But it was not mentioned on the Missing Poster, so I do wonder if she did have it on that day. And those chokers are sold by the thousands in LA. All they found was the thin black part, no stone. So one cannot really say if it was hers or not. Or even if it was a choker.

It would not be unusual to find a tattered black choker cord near a dumpster because there are literally thousands of them in the city. My daughter and all of her friends wear them and own them.

I just don't want to base an entire theory or scenario upon a tattered piece of black cord if we do not even know if she was wearing it that day. I wonder if her sister saw her wearing it?

I know and I should just accept it. But I do have some doubts. It is not the kind of necklace one wears under winter clothing on a rainy day.

Maybe she did wear it every day. But it was not mentioned on the Missing Poster, so I do wonder if she did have it on that day. And those chokers are sold by the thousands in LA. All they found was the thin black part, no stone. So one cannot really say if it was hers or not. Or even if it was a choker.

It would not be unusual to find a tattered black choker cord near a dumpster because there are literally thousands of them in the city. My daughter and all of her friends wear them and own them.

I just don't want to base an entire theory or scenario upon a tattered piece of black cord if we do not even know if she was wearing it that day. I wonder if her sister saw her wearing it?

Fact checking is good.

I'm not too familiar with these chokers. How easy to rip off somebody's neck are they?

It depends upon which kind of clasp. My daughter has a black velvet type of choker from Nordstroms, with a heart, like the one in Maricela's picture. It has a clasp that closes , like a standard necklace clasp. It would be hard to rip it off someone.

But she also has a cheaper one from Hot Topic or somewhere, and it has a 'open clasp'---it is just a hook, and could easily be yanked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin