Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. Tell me all these girls are coincidences:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/woman-28-goes-missing-in-hollywood-hills/

Stacy’s mother told CBS2 her phone was found in Golden Valley Park in Santa Clarita, although that was not confirmed with LAPD. According to her mother, she resided in Burbank with a female roommate.

The young woman's family is staying in Santa Clarita, trying to find out clues about their missing daughter.

I wonder if they might want to attend the vigil on Thursday night for MG? Maybe they could compare notes with each other, and try and figure out if the women had any recent things in common? Jobs/friends/photographes/auditions/work out places/ mechanics, etc...

The young woman's family is staying in Santa Clarita, trying to find out clues about their missing daughter.

I wonder if they might want to attend the vigil on Thursday night for MG? Maybe they could compare notes with each other, and try and figure out if the women had any recent things in common? Jobs/friends/photographes/auditions/work out places/ mechanics, etc...

I wonder why this case is getting more attention than MG. I've seen it now on several news channels and on several fb sites. 😞

Ok, then please don't speculate. It's fine. I can't divulge what the family is going through. Like someone said, everyone handles things differently. Maybe I don't understand it or agree, but it's their family. It's not mine. I can answer the questions but I have already answered them. I'm not sure what the point is?

You have done so much and gone over and beyond. I know it is greatly appreciated. I'm sure the family is overwhelmed. If I ever go missing I pray someone would help my family the way you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, then who was Sarah's ride? Why didn't she call her Dad right then?
Speculating based on 3rd party input is tough, purely based on third party output... But where the family doesn't openly acknowledge the efforts of others because they are guarded.
Look, I'm in Illinois, but I can talk to people. As in like psychology and human resources....
Something is wrong here, it doesn't fit in a way that's off putting to me. Hence the reason I broke my silence in this thread.
Mistivon please let me know if I can help, I know you need a break.
Between the family and police right now, and the statement you made around something else going on with the family.... something is Wrong, that something else, if not tied to their missing daughter is taking priority over THEIR MISSING DAUGHTER.
Right?
Ok, then please don't speculate. It's fine. I can't divulge what the family is going through. Like someone said, everyone handles things differently. Maybe I don't understand it or agree, but it's their family. It's not mine. I can answer the questions but I have already answered them. I'm not sure what the point is?
It's no ones business. Period. It needs to be left alone. Dangerously close to crossing a line here.

Great idea!

That modeling site is probably a predators dream come true. I'm not sure why it exists.

Never once was putting you in question - Everyone here admires your efforts.
Sorry if it came off brash. I'm good at asking quite blunt questions... But none without a purpose.

I agree there's just too much of a coincidence here with the locations and the dates of disappearance being so close. Something doesn't smell right. It probably would help for both families to join forces - strength in numbers. And it certainly will help get LE on their toes if these stories are constantly in the media and a public concern.

On a side note, I really wish LE would stop saying "no signs of foul play" and using it as a reason to delay their involvement. I know not every case falls into this category, but to put this tag on so many cases we see seems to be detrimental to a future investigation (which often happens) and a HUGE help to a suspect. When it isn't a secret that signs of foul play are being considered and looked for in a disappearance, a smart suspect would just simply make sure there aren't any signs of foul play. I live in Little Rock and we regularly have teens go missing suddenly in the greater LR area. In most cases we initially hear LE finds no sign of foul play, but then 6 months or a year later it's on the news that LE is out in full force trying to locate this missing girl. So much is lost forever (evidence, witnesses, etc.) when the last known location isn't immediately investigated.

I don't think my drafted thoughts were completely unwarranted or out of line.
Please let me know why you felt so.
Can't fix anything without knowing what you did wrong, right?
I may be newer to this website officially - But I would sincerely appreciate if you could let me know my points of concern.

I, too, am curious as to why this new girl is all over the news. CBS, NBC, even ABC refuse to take Mari's story. They say there is no story. What is the difference here? Laura's car is missing and her ATM card was used...I get the feeling if those things had happened in Mari's case, they would be arguing that she herself had used them. Why not Laura?

ETA: In no way am I saying this girl does not deserve media coverage. I believe ABSOLUTELY that most missings should have their face in the news (depending on the different factors). Just trying to figure it out.

I, too, am curious as to why this new girl is all over the news. CBS, NBC, even ABC refuse to take Mari's story. They say there is no story. What is the difference here?

I just drove up to the park where her phone was found. It's a block from me and there are 4 different news vans sitting in that parking lot right now at 10:45? Maybe something else's was found with the phone? It was pouring Sunday up here but I do find it odd it's getting so much more attention than MG.

I, too, am curious as to why this new girl is all over the news. CBS, NBC, even ABC refuse to take Mari's story. They say there is no story. What is the difference here? Laura's car is missing and her ATM card was used...I get the feeling if those things had happened in Mari's case, they would be arguing that she herself had used them. Why not Laura?

ETA: In no way am I saying this girl does not deserve media coverage. I believe ABSOLUTELY that most missings should have their face in the news (depending on the different factors). Just trying to figure it out.

I imagine it is because the police seem to be conveying a good deal of confidence that MG's case is a voluntary departure.

So, imo, there must be some sort of evidence that Laura's was not. Otherwise, they would surely be treating her the same way....Oh, girl gone, car gone, must be voluntary.
Well, I hope they didn't find anything sinister. I hope the other girl is safe.

Mistivon, just caught your latest post - Hands down, I've read every single word in this thread, as have many others - YOU have engaged every single one of us. MG's disappearance would already be dust in the wind without you.
You my dear, are a rare breed - The most precious kind.
Would give this post a gazillion likes/thanks, if possible

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You have done so much and gone over and beyond. I know it is greatly appreciated. I'm sure the family is overwhelmed. If I ever go missing I pray someone would help my family the way you have.

I've told DH that if something ever happens to me where I'm "missing" that he should reach out to my WS family.
You guys are awesome! And Mistivon, you ARE DOING AMAZING

You embarrass me. Engaging everyone, well yes, I've tried super hard because if people aren't interested, no one will look :( I learned that here at Websleuths. I didn't want Mari to be the thread with me talking to myself back on page 4. I brought her here because YOU GUYS are the best at what you do.
And her disappearance would be dust in the wind without and Missing Pieces Network. I didn't know how to create a page or generate interest or even make a graphic. SHE did all that and is teaching me every day. I couldn't ask for a better mentor.
I just hope that Mari comes home soon and maybe I can contribute somewhere else.
It is not me. It is us.

So, imo, there must be some sort of evidence that Laura's was not. Otherwise, they would surely be treating her the same way....Oh, girl gone, car gone, must be voluntary.

I think it is the fact that Laura's car was taken and ATM used, but they probably already know it was not done by her. :cry:

If she had been with a friend and just walked away, leaving her car behind, then LE might think she had left voluntarily too.

I think the press probably just goes off what the police say. If the police say it's voluntary, the press is inclined to trust them and not waste time covering a story that will likely end up being a dud.

I don't think my drafted thoughts were completely unwarranted or out of line.
Please let me know why you felt so.
Can't fix anything without knowing what you did wrong, right?
I may be newer to this website officially - But I would sincerely appreciate if you could let me know my points of concern.

I think it was that you seemed to be kind of hard on the victim's family. And we are a 'victim friendly' site here. We try hard not to be too critical of the family and loved one's during this time. If anyone is labeled a suspect or a POI by LE, then we can be critical or question them. But until then, we treat them with sympathy and respect.

Only explaining because as you said, you are new here, and want to understand.

Oh and :welcome: to WS.

You embarrass me. Engaging everyone, well yes, I've tried super hard because if people aren't interested, no one will look :( I learned that here at Websleuths. I didn't want Mari to be the thread with me talking to myself back on page 4. I brought her here because YOU GUYS are the best at what you do.
And her disappearance would be dust in the wind without and Missing Pieces Network. I didn't know how to create a page or generate interest or even make a graphic. SHE did all that and is teaching me every day. I couldn't ask for a better mentor.
I just hope that Mari comes home soon and maybe I can contribute somewhere else.
It is not me. It is us.
Don't be embarrassed, Mistivon! Embrace the fact that I, as well as many, appreciate your passion.
We follow this case because we are hoping Mari is found. She deserves it.
However, the tenacity you've shown has only helped her case stay in the spotlight.
Again, if I ever go missing, I know my husband will know to reach out to WS. Members like you that will take time out of your lives to find out where I might possibly be and will spend their time away from their personal lives to find me (or any others) should be commended.
Mistivon, you are amazing!

They just found Laura's car in Lancaster. It doesn't look good. That's also a good 45 min from where her phone was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member