Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has hit too close to home for me so my heart goes out to Mariciela and her family.

I wanted to let it be known that I recently took weeknight evening classes in the Kaiser building. So the gates to the parking lot are definitely open at all 3 entrances during said time of when she went missing. Classes at SOCHI (on the 3rd & 4th floors in the Kaiser building) are until 10:30pm and there is always a security guard in the lobby. The back parking lot does have lights and are filled with parked cars at that time so it is not a deserted dark parking lot. Some students even take breaks at 7pm and the classes on those floors are facing in the direction of the parking lot not Sherman Way. Not saying someone there attending classes seen something but who knows.

That is why this case pulled on my heartstrings because I was attending classes there recently and know the area at night. Last night I texted a classmate who still attends classes there to let her know to be careful in that area at night due to this incident & she had no clue this occurred. I found that rather odd, the school should put a bulletin out to students for their safety and in case someone saw something, anything even if they think it was nothing could be something to help in this case. Fliers should be posted on those floors and/or in the elevators if they have not been done yet. Yes, the area did feel a little unsafe and I never walked to my car alone. However, I did notice guys loitering next to the wall on the other side of the parking lot near the Sherman Way entrance of the parking lot on some nights. There is even a bar across the street in back of the 7Eleven.

So I hope & pray the LE and or PI get a hold of the security video from there to help in this case. I believe that the dog's lead to that area and the other places since those dogs are good at what they do. Now why she chose those pathways or what caused her disappearance we just don't know. What gets to me is I remember it was raining off & on that day, pretty hard too at least was it raining hard there during that time period?

My gut just tells me something terribly went wrong that night even though the circumstances don't make sense. I keep going back to why would she just leave her sister behind like that? In addition to her car & purse if she just voluntarily left on her own?! If that was the case.... After reading through the threads here it was mentioned that she has ties to the community of Mission Hills. There is a group of homeless individuals who come & go on Chatsworth & Sepulveda under the 405 fwy. Today I saw a young girl that caught my eye as I drove by.....she was wearing pjs and a sweatshirt (don't remember the color), her hair was up in a messy bun and it was reddish/blonde in color. I did not see her face only the back since I was driving by. It was odd to me because A) It was a female & B) She was young in her 20's.....I did not think anything of it at the time. But after reading she has ties to Mission Hills it hit me. Now I am not saying it could be her it just triggered a thought. I say this too because the homeless people who frequent there are on the young side, mostly males and are said to be drug users who come & go in that exact area.

All in all I just hope Maricela is found safe and sound and so many of us are keeping her and her family in prayer daily. Shame on the LAPD on this one, I hope they are on top of this case after her mother's powerful letter. Time is of the essence! And God Bless Mistivon you are an angel!

Here might be a possible connection between the 2 recent cases:

http://abc7.com/news/woman-who-recently-moved-to-la-reported-missing/1719607/

Her parents, Marcie and Steve Stacy, said their daughter moved to Los Angeles to search for real estate and photography work.

"She was looking at jobs, and I know she was going to meet some people. So I'm wondering if she met somebody for jobs," Marcie Stacy said.

So she was looking for jobs in art/photography field when she went missing?

To all who went near the Kaiser building since Maricela went missing.... Please tell me the dumspters were opened and gone through. Please tell me that. They were last dumped on 1/11/17 so they should have been practically empty when Maricela went missing,

To all who went near the Kaiser building since Maricela went missing.... Please tell me the dumspters were opened and gone through. Please tell me that. They were last dumped on 1/11/17 so they should have been practically empty when Maricela went missing,

There's already been a post pertaining to this. I'll see if I can locate it. [emoji361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone was asking why the choker would be looking tattered. It was lying on the ground exposed to the elements for more than a week before found, so that could explain the not-new look of it.

Mistivon, do you know how she came to be acquainted with the ex, and involved in the past 'issues'?

You are doing an amazing job, never beat yourself up over that!

Praying they find Maricela. Stepping away from this one.

Tensions seem a bit high on this thread and I have personally been accosted for speaking my opinion here. All anyone wants is for her to be found.

I can't find the posts about the dumpsters being searched and being "cleared" by the family/search team. Here is the post from the WS individual that called the dumpster company:

CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 January 2017

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=13090903&share_type=t
Thanks for checking too. The post you were looking for doesn't exist, I also looked. We haven't heard if the dumpsters were checked. LE was there and should have done it. But if they didn't it needs to be searched ASAP.

Let's keep this thread about Maricela please.

http://abc7.com/news/tarzana-woman-vanishes-from-reseda-parking-lot/1702086/

Maricela Garcia's car was still in the parking lot with her purse and cigarettes inside.

"This behavior is completely spontaneous and it's not like her," Sarah Garcia said. "She wouldn't just leave me there. She wouldn't leave her car. It just doesn't make sense."

Sarah Garcia said her sister has a cellphone, but it has been turned off.

Los Angeles police said there was no evidence of foul play in Maricela's disappearance, but stated it's under suspicious circumstances.

where was the car supposedly found?

The car was in the lot in front of the 99 cent store. Sarah could not get into it because Maricela had the keys.

My question is if her cigarettes were in the car, and she never actually went to the car, did she buy cigarettes at Jon's? How else were her specific type of cigarette butts found by the car and dumpster behind Jon's if she didn't have them with her?

Let's keep this thread about Maricela please.
I believe the post you're policing was related to a question by Mistovin and others asking why the media is not giving coverage to MG, yet the media is all over the girl missing from Hollywood Hills. Secondly couldn't your previous posts last night involving the Hollywood Hills case and pairing up vigils with MG and the HH abduction case be seen as the same issue you just policed? But let me add, although I think it would be a horrible idea to even contemplate asking family on each side to meet and discuss clues, the HH case is stating now that she was possibly meeting up with a fake photographer. Of course the hypothetical scenario of MG meeting a photographer has been brought up on this thread and it could very well be related. Hope that's not the case and MG comes home safe.

code4SAR

The car was in the lot in front of the 99 cent store. Sarah could not get into it because Maricela had the keys.

My question is if her cigarettes were in the car, and she never actually went to the car, did she buy cigarettes at Jon's? How else were her specific type of cigarette butts found by the car and dumpster behind Jon's if she didn't have them with her?

I wish we knew if the cigarette butts had her DNA on them. American Spirit is a common enough brand that you will find at least some of their varieties at every gas station and supermarket. I'm guessing Jon's definitely carries them. One distinction between American Spirit varieties is the color of the butt. They have an organic selection that has a white butt, whereas most of their other flavors have the usual brown cigarette butt. If we know which specific color pack she smoked and what color the butts were we may be able to rule out if they were hers. You can google image search the varieties to see what the cigarettes look like, not many distinctions between flavors but there is some.

American Spirit's different flavors/varieties:
6tsFr8b.jpg
American Spirit Yellows or Lights (brown cigarette butt)
images.jpg
American Spirit Golds or Organic Lights (white cigarette butt)
96006.jpg

I really feel like I'm grabbing at strings at this point, but the more we know the better.

Praying they find Maricela. Stepping away from this one.

Tensions seem a bit high on this thread and I have personally been accosted for speaking my opinion here. All anyone wants is for her to be found.

Hate to see anyone step away for this reason. Hopefully we can all be respectful to one another and keep focus on finding Maricela and all those missing. Sometimes the best thing we can do is just scroll on through.

Leese12, thank you so much for posting!! One of the reasons, I chose tomorrow night at 7:22 PM for the vigil is I'd like to retrace Mari's steps that night. I want to see what she saw. Maybe the same people will be hanging around. We can DEFINITELY get a feel of what was happening in the area that night, minus the rain. Good to know that about Kaiser because I had no idea. Possible she was running from car to car hiding. Now it makes sense why the SAR team described her scent as ALL OVER the parking lot. If she was darting betweem cars, eventually she would come to that dead end corner.

About the dumpster. No, we did not search through it. One was completely empty and the other was about 1/4 full of what appeared to be medical supplies. I should have known better and insisted we search it. Unfortunately, as LAPD arrived on scene, I had to leave. My daughter had been sick and was having some asthma symptoms. To be completely honest, I really, really thought the cops would process it. When Edgar called and said they took the choker but didn't even look in the dumpster, I was floored. Beyond floored. Because I live a distance away and have a full time job, plus have been so busy with the media/public aspect of what is going on, I have not been back. We are holding the vigil Thursday night and Mr Mistivon and I are going back on Saturday and hopefuly we can then. Kaiser security was all over us, tho, wanting to know what we were doing in the parking lot. IDK how they will respond to us dumpster diving.

We flyered that entire area, including the front part of Kaiser and around the side by the parking lot. EVERY business should have a flyer in their window. They are on stoplights at the intersection and on the bus benches. Pink ribbons were tied around trees there. Because the building was closed, we were not able to leave flyers actually in the building. Would you be wiling to do that if I email you some? Or if you plan to be in attendance Thursday night I can give them to you then. Thank you so much for all your information.

The cigarette. IDK what to tell you. That has been something that didn't fit all along. The cig location fits and it was DEFINITELY her brand, but I don't know how it got there. Maybe she had another pack in her coat pocket. Sarah said she did carry them at times and there could have been a second pack in the car. I just don't know. I wish I had that answer.

Found out from media today the reason they are not covering Mari. According to a reporter I've been talking to, the PIO has been telling all the stations that Mari's ex has been cleared (I hope they literally cleared him as in solid alibi, etc) and that they have reviewed surveillance footage. There was no evidence of foul play. What they are leaving out is that they ONLY viewed GW and 99 Cent Store. We already know she walked away from there. The question is what happened next. The ONLY thing I can think of, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't just say so, is they saw her willingly get into a car. EVEN SO, I would think they would stil need to locate her for her family...if only to say she is safe and doesn't want to be found. Isn't that usually what they do in these types of cases? So I'm very frustrated because no matter what I say, the PD says that and the reporters turn away. They want NEW developments they say. I thought the search, items, chasing/hiding...all that was new developments. I guess not.

Let me stop here and I will catch up on the rest of the posts. Hopefully, I am not rehashing the last page. Sorry, if so.

I hope I didn't scare anyone away. I don't feel tension among this group but I know that I am heavily involved and it's hard for me to see some things. I apologize if I upset anyone. I realize I am having some issues and am still exhausted. Maybe it is I who should step away. I really apologize.

Please be cautious searching through the dumpster containing medical waste. Anything dangerous SHOULD be in a sharps container but mistakes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224