Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
January 25 2017
For Immediate Release

On Thursday, January 26, at 7:00 PM, the family of Maricela Garcia will be hosting a candlelight vigil beginning at the Goodwill at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda. They ask that everyone please arrive as close to 7:00 as possible and please wear pink. Beginning precisely at 7:22 PM, we will be leaving the Goodwill and tracing the route that Search Dogs 24/7 believe she took. We hope to talk to someone who saw her and we want to see what she saw. We are hoping the candles will light her way home.
If you cannot attend the vigil in person but would like to show your support, the family is encouraging you to light a virtual candle at 7:22 PM and post it on Maricela’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/. Courtesy of Missing Pieces Network, you, also, can guide her home.
Dateline NBC published an article about Maricela you can read here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-california-woman-maricela-garcia-who-n710981
Nancy Grace featured Maricela on her January 25 edition of Crime Stories Online. Eerie similarities between Maricela and other missing women. Hear why she is not voluntarily missing. You can listen here:
http://www.crimeonline.com/nancy/ Vanished in the Valley, the first story,.
If you have any information about Maricela Garcia, the family urges you to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800 and/or the LAPD West Valley Division at 818-374-7611. You are encouraged to report any possible sightings by also calling 911. You can remain anonymous.
Maricela’s family would like to thank all the media, including social media, for helping bring Maricela home. They ask that you continue sharing the Facebook page and continue getting the word out. Surveillance footage was only reviewed from the Goodwill and the 99 Cent Store. The family continues to urge police to review additional surveillance from where Search Dogs 24/7 indicated that Maricela walked. They are also pleading with detectives to go through the dumpster where potential evidence was found. It has not been picked up and could possibly contain more clues to her disappearance.
The family knows that Maricela would have contacted them if she were able. It is their belief that something happened to Maricela after she left the view of the Goodwill camera. They do not believe she is voluntarily missing and continue to request that LAPD and MPU locate their daughter and sister.
We thank you for your help.

I think it was that you seemed to be kind of hard on the victim's family. And we are a 'victim friendly' site here. We try hard not to be too critical of the family and loved one's during this time. If anyone is labeled a suspect or a POI by LE, then we can be critical or question them. But until then, we treat them with sympathy and respect.

Only explaining because as you said, you are new here, and want to understand.

Oh and :welcome: to WS.

1. Thank you katydid23 for responding to me - Greatly appreciated!
  2. Oh boy.... The interpretation you explained was definitely never the intent I had with anything I wrote. Now that I know the cause of the misdirection that occurred here, I can more mindful in the way I define my statements/communicate my thoughts going forward :)

I was voicing some 'gaps' that I noticed didn't seem to be clearly explained or covered at this point. I was never prompting pushing the family further - Never ever would I support disrespecting the family's wishes. I was offering to help with any calls/virtual contacts or followups if needed (3rd party stuff, outside of the family), since mistivon has a life too and has been doing so much.
I was simply stating that because the family is so guarded... It just makes it harder to tell. Makes the whole deductive reasoning application trickier. Etc. No statements were ever meant to be directed at or applied to any one individual.

Overall, I was relaying what I have noticed and how it could point to something potentially bigger going on (i.e. family and/or LE know more and purposely not disclosing, confidential investigation going on due to potential suspects/parties involved and family wasn't even made aware, like if LE has been trying to take down a criminal organization)... Pretty much supporting the statements that have been made multiple times already: That without additional facts/data/confirmed evidence, there isn't much 'official' progress that can be made.
Point deducted from this: To effectively progress, we need more factual data. Focusing efforts on defining types of factual data that would help answer open questions and what could be obtainable.
What factual data would help here? (brainstorm, no limits)
For each item listed: *How can the data obtained? *Are there limitations dependent to obtaining?<--(ex. requires family member, LE to request, etc.) *Are there similar items that could potentially help?

January 25 2017
For Immediate Release

On Thursday, January 26, at 7:00 PM, the family of Maricela Garcia will be hosting a candlelight vigil beginning at the Goodwill at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda. They ask that everyone please arrive as close to 7:00 as possible and please wear pink. Beginning precisely at 7:22 PM, we will be leaving the Goodwill and tracing the route that Search Dogs 24/7 believe she took. We hope to talk to someone who saw her and we want to see what she saw. We are hoping the candles will light her way home.
If you cannot attend the vigil in person but would like to show your support, the family is encouraging you to light a virtual candle at 7:22 PM and post it on Maricela’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/. Courtesy of Missing Pieces Network, you, also, can guide her home.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-california-woman-maricela-garcia-who-n710981
Nancy Grace featured Maricela on her January 25 edition of Crime Stories Online. Eerie similarities between Maricela and other missing women. Hear why she is not voluntarily missing. You can listen here:
If you have any information about Maricela Garcia, the family urges you to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800 and/or the LAPD West Valley Division at 818-374-7611. You are encouraged to report any possible sightings by also calling 911. You can remain anonymous.
Maricela’s family would like to thank all the media, including social media, for helping bring Maricela home. They ask that you continue sharing the Facebook page and continue getting the word out. Surveillance footage was only reviewed from the Goodwill and the 99 Cent Store. The family continues to urge police to review additional surveillance from where Search Dogs 24/7 indicated that Maricela walked. They are also pleading with detectives to go through the dumpster where potential evidence was found. It has not been picked up and could possibly contain more clues to her disappearance.
The family knows that Maricela would have contacted them if she were able. It is their belief that something happened to Maricela after she left the view of the Goodwill camera. They do not believe she is voluntarily missing and continue to request that LAPD and MPU locate their daughter and sister.
Alan, NG, and yourself nailed it!!! Been blasting the link out the last hour ( from a different player, NG website hadnt uploaded to their site yet ) and will eventually send NG website link when podcast is uploaded. Hopefully CWD and others will follow.

code4SAR

Should've looked at previous post. Found the direct link above. Emails and texts have been launched.

code4SAR

I can't look into this right now, I'm sorry, but a poster on the FB page brought up two other cases. I wanted to post and see if anyone remembers them:

Bree'Anna Guzman and Michelle Lozano. Both cases are from 2011 and 2012.
http://www.laweekly.com/news/5-socal-serial-killers-still-on-the-loose-7141598

http://www.laweekly.com/news/michel...found-near-5-freeway-in-boyle-heights-2390375

http://laist.com/2012/02/01/breeanna_guzman_was_involved_in_lov.php

code4SAR

Have you guys pulled up the local crime blotter for the day/night just in case? Also maybe do a rewind downstairs to listen for anything possibly applicable? Just a thought. Sorry I'm super swamped over here with work but trying to check in when I can.

Also could someone please bring forward a case map if there is one. Thank you!

Hoping for your friend's safe return, M. Keep up the great work. :grouphug:

@Mistivon--I am glad to be of any assistance to you & her family!

Yes, I can check to see if the school has flyers posted in the school lobby, etc. I can attend the vigil tomorrow night but go ahead and send me the flyers today if you can. Or I can search on my own and print accordingly. The school has a break room as well and that room overlooks that parking lot too. I will be more than happy to post them there today or for sure tomorrow night. My ex-classmate stated to me today she did not see any flyers there.....sad. But I will verify it soon just to make certain.

Another thought I remembered was....SOCHI (the school inside Kaiser) also operates a massage clinic and it faces the Sherman Way side. It is opened to the public and where students work on clients in the evenings, not sure how late though. So that building definitely operates in the evenings.

In reference to the lighting in the parking lot, it is NOT brightly lit up but does have some lighting. I don't know about the lighting by the dumpster, it may be darker on that end sad to say.

What keeps sticking out in my mind is the weather that night.....It was pouring rain that day. Now if she left voluntarily why would she leave her younger sister behind helpless without a ride in the rain? Why would she travel/walk in the rain to meet up with someone? Or do something she should not be doing in the pouring rain? But CREEPS don't care!

I might add though with regard to the rain I do not know what the parking lot was like on that night. People tend to stay in on rainy days. Please note that even though I stated that classes are until 10:30 only a few classes are going on till then. So the lot would not be full that late. However between 7pm & 8:30 pm there are more parked cars in that lot for sure.

It is a great idea you will be at the building tomorrow to get a better idea in what I am trying to convey especially it being at night. I hope you have a great turnout!

FYI--I mentioned on my previous post that I noticed a young gal at a homeless encampment in Mission Hills that stood out to me. Especially since I read here that Maricela had some ties to Mission Hills. Well today I drove by to see if I could get a better look or see if that gal was still there. Well that area was all cleared up today, the community in that area does not tolerate that scene. So you may have homeless encampments there for long periods of time or very short. As of late they have been cracking down on it hard. Which brings me to this thought....Is there a bus stop in the that intersection of Reseda? There is one right on the corner of Chatsworth St that leads right up to the overpass where the encampments are located under the 405 fwy. Without any of us knowing what really happened all things are possible. I still weigh in heavily on the dog's last scent.....sigh!

Prayers for all involved & God Bless!

"Vanished in the Valley: Young women gone missing in Los Angeles
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Maricela Garcia and Laura Lynne Stacy didn&#8217;t know each other, but the young women share a common fate &#8212; both have gone missing in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles in recent days. Garcia disappeared just blocks from where another Valley woman was found half-nude and bound after a four-hour-long kidnapping ordeal a day later. Nancy Grace and Alan Duke discuss the mysteries."

@Mistivon--I am glad to be of any assistance to you & her family!

Yes, I can check to see if the school has flyers posted in the school lobby, etc. I can attend the vigil tomorrow night but go ahead and send me the flyers today if you can. Or I can search on my own and print accordingly. The school has a break room as well and that room overlooks that parking lot too. I will be more than happy to post them there today or for sure tomorrow night. My ex-classmate stated to me today she did not see any flyers there.....sad. But I will verify it soon just to make certain.

Another thought I remembered was....SOCHI (the school inside Kaiser) also operates a massage clinic and it faces the Sherman Way side. It is opened to the public and where students work on clients in the evenings, not sure how late though. So that building definitely operates in the evenings.

In reference to the lighting in the parking lot, it is NOT brightly lit up but does have some lighting. I don't know about the lighting by the dumpster, it may be darker on that end sad to say.

What keeps sticking out in my mind is the weather that night.....It was pouring rain that day. Now if she left voluntarily why would she leave her younger sister behind helpless without a ride in the rain? Why would she travel/walk in the rain to meet up with someone? Or do something she should not be doing in the pouring rain? But CREEPS don't care!

I might add though with regard to the rain I do not know what the parking lot was like on that night. People tend to stay in on rainy days. Please note that even though I stated that classes are until 10:30 only a few classes are going on till then. So the lot would not be full that late. However between 7pm & 8:30 pm there are more parked cars in that lot for sure.

It is a great idea you will be at the building tomorrow to get a better idea in what I am trying to convey especially it being at night. I hope you have a great turnout!

FYI--I mentioned on my previous post that I noticed a young gal at a homeless encampment in Mission Hills that stood out to me. Especially since I read here that Maricela had some ties to Mission Hills. Well today I drove by to see if I could get a better look or see if that gal was still there. Well that area was all cleared up today, the community in that area does not tolerate that scene. So you may have homeless encampments there for long periods of time or very short. As of late they have been cracking down on it hard. Which brings me to this thought....Is there a bus stop in the that intersection of Reseda? There is one right on the corner of Chatsworth St that leads right up to the overpass where the encampments are located under the 405 fwy. Without any of us knowing what really happened all things are possible. I still weigh in heavily on the dog's last scent.....sigh!

Prayers for all involved & God Bless!
Thank you!!!!!

code4SAR

Leese12, thank you so much for posting!! One of the reasons, I chose tomorrow night at 7:22 PM for the vigil is I'd like to retrace Mari's steps that night. I want to see what she saw. Maybe the same people will be hanging around. We can DEFINITELY get a feel of what was happening in the area that night, minus the rain. Good to know that about Kaiser because I had no idea. Possible she was running from car to car hiding. Now it makes sense why the SAR team described her scent as ALL OVER the parking lot. If she was darting betweem cars, eventually she would come to that dead end corner.

About the dumpster. No, we did not search through it. One was completely empty and the other was about 1/4 full of what appeared to be medical supplies. I should have known better and insisted we search it. Unfortunately, as LAPD arrived on scene, I had to leave. My daughter had been sick and was having some asthma symptoms. To be completely honest, I really, really thought the cops would process it. When Edgar called and said they took the choker but didn't even look in the dumpster, I was floored. Beyond floored. Because I live a distance away and have a full time job, plus have been so busy with the media/public aspect of what is going on, I have not been back. We are holding the vigil Thursday night and Mr Mistivon and I are going back on Saturday and hopefuly we can then. Kaiser security was all over us, tho, wanting to know what we were doing in the parking lot. IDK how they will respond to us dumpster diving.

We flyered that entire area, including the front part of Kaiser and around the side by the parking lot. EVERY business should have a flyer in their window. They are on stoplights at the intersection and on the bus benches. Pink ribbons were tied around trees there. Because the building was closed, we were not able to leave flyers actually in the building. Would you be wiling to do that if I email you some? Or if you plan to be in attendance Thursday night I can give them to you then. Thank you so much for all your information.

The cigarette. IDK what to tell you. That has been something that didn't fit all along. The cig location fits and it was DEFINITELY her brand, but I don't know how it got there. Maybe she had another pack in her coat pocket. Sarah said she did carry them at times and there could have been a second pack in the car. I just don't know. I wish I had that answer.

Found out from media today the reason they are not covering Mari. According to a reporter I've been talking to, the PIO has been telling all the stations that Mari's ex has been cleared (I hope they literally cleared him as in solid alibi, etc) and that they have reviewed surveillance footage. There was no evidence of foul play. What they are leaving out is that they ONLY viewed GW and 99 Cent Store. We already know she walked away from there. The question is what happened next. The ONLY thing I can think of, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't just say so, is they saw her willingly get into a car. EVEN SO, I would think they would stil need to locate her for her family...if only to say she is safe and doesn't want to be found. Isn't that usually what they do in these types of cases? So I'm very frustrated because no matter what I say, the PD says that and the reporters turn away. They want NEW developments they say. I thought the search, items, chasing/hiding...all that was new developments. I guess not.

Let me stop here and I will catch up on the rest of the posts. Hopefully, I am not rehashing the last page. Sorry, if so.
You are doing a wonderful job Mistivon for Mari and her family!!!

Ditz claimer:
(Falls in the shower are real! I hurt my back and I am on percocet so my words are either many at once jumbled or very few...still...possibly jumbled) sigh.

Just FYI, Search Dogs had a "bench" dog that is trained to scent on bus benches. She did not get on a bus that we could detect.
Agreed. Not voluntary. NOTHING imo points to that.
If you can message the Help Find page, I can attach a pdf flyer there or you can email me. I hate that I don't get PM notifications on this site so usually see them days later :( If you do PM me, let me know.
Hopefully, we have a decent turnout. I'm hoping with the retracing two weeks to the day, people will be curious/interested and show up.
Will keep you posted. Thank you all so much!

I've told DH that if something ever happens to me where I'm "missing" that he should reach out to my WS family.
You guys are awesome! And Mistivon, you ARE DOING AMAZING

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've told my husband the same thing. He, an ex-LE, gave me a look like, "I got this." I said, no, really. :loveyou:

January 25 2017
For Immediate Release

If you cannot attend the vigil in person but would like to show your support, the family is encouraging you to light a virtual candle at 7:22 PM and post it on Maricela&#8217;s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/. Courtesy of Missing Pieces Network, you, also, can guide her home.
Maricela&#8217;s family would like to thank all the media, including social media, for helping bring Maricela home. They ask that you continue sharing the Facebook page and continue getting the word out. Surveillance footage was only reviewed from the Goodwill and the 99 Cent Store. The family continues to urge police to review additional surveillance from where Search Dogs 24/7 indicated that Maricela walked. They are also pleading with detectives to go through the dumpster where potential evidence was found. It has not been picked up and could possibly contain more clues to her disappearance.

This podcast is so wonderful for Maricela - (still listening) - Hopefully this is a key that will open some new doors!!

I've told my husband the same thing. He, an ex-LE, gave me a look like, "I got this." I said, no, really. :loveyou:

My husband does not understand my interest in WS. He asks me why I want to dwell in the negative. I tell them WS is the opposite of negative!! He doesn't get it, but he's cute and can lift heavy things. :)

So if I go missing, just take over.

Just FYI, Search Dogs had a "bench" dog that is trained to scent on bus benches. She did not get on a bus that we could detect.
Agreed. Not voluntary. NOTHING imo points to that.
If you can message the Help Find page, I can attach a pdf flyer there or you can email me. I hate that I don't get PM notifications on this site so usually see them days later :( If you do PM me, let me know.
Hopefully, we have a decent turnout. I'm hoping with the retracing two weeks to the day, people will be curious/interested and show up.
Will keep you posted. Thank you all so much!

You can change that in your Settings -> General Settings -> Private Messaging -> Email Notification of New Private Messages -> choose to receive

ETA: and underneath is also the option to have a pop up alert you when you get a pm while you're here.

Oh wow, thank God...but if she says she was kidnapped by two Hispanic women, I will faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume