Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she dating anyone? Recently break up with anyone?

I was given some additional information about Maricela last night and am hoping this will generate some new ideas. Some of it doesn’t make sense.
· Maricela TOOK her keys and ID. No one knows why she had her ID. Wallet, purse, cash, credit/debit cards, cigarettes all left in the locked car.
· The Goodwill camera captured her walking from the door towards her car/99 Cent Store. They were both in the same direction. Once she moved out of camera view, she disappeared. There were no signs of a struggle, no one saw anything and there is no other security footage.
· Maricela lives with her mother and sister. She is a “homebody” and rarely goes out. She has been in recovery for two years. She might occasionally smoke weed but no other drugs/alcohol
· When Maricela went missing previously, she had been kidnapped, drugged and held in a hotel by her ex-boyfriend. The family suspects something similar has happened BUT the ex is in jail in another state. He has been cleared.
· The family believes her phone was a prepaid and they cannot get records. They don’t know how to do this and the police have not mentioned it.
· She had not spoken with/texted anyone that day that anyone knows of. She had been with her sister all day and not really using her phone. She has no current boyfriends.
· Maricela works as a delivery driver for PostMates based out of LA. She has a co-worker who has been harassing her, so much so that she recently punched him in the face. The family is concerned this person may be involved but they don’t know who he is. This is where they want to focus. They need help finding information about PostMates.

· No one knows her hangouts or drug associations. If she was not taken, she MAY be in the Santa Clarita or Mission Hills area. However, the family absolutely believes she was abducted. They have been checking hospitals and now want to start going to every motel in the LA area because of previous circumstances.

"Postmates is a logistics company that operates a network of couriers who deliver goods locally. Postmates is closely compared to Uber because of its use of mobile phones to receive orders and dispatch delivery drivers." Wikipedia

I wonder how a co-worker could hassle her ? It seems like they work independently, and are dispatched from central location.

So the having her ID and nothing else thing

I keep my ID in my phone case and not my wallet because I always have it handy and don't like to take purse like out to a bar, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Did Maricela take her purse into the store?
2. Where does she hang out? When she was using, where did she go?
3. Who is her cell provider?
4. When was her last day at work and did anything happen? Has she called in?
5. Any men she's interested in? Unhappy females? Recent breakups?
6. Are there any other stores in the area with cameras? CVS? Did she go into the 99 Cent Store? Does anyone remember seeing her?
7. Has any of her social media accounts been active?
8. What was her mood like Thursday? Was she happy? Upset? Stressed? Was she supposed to work Friday?
9. Does she work in an office? How does she interact with her co-workers? When was the last day she worked? Did anything happen?
10. Did Maricela run into anyone that day? Surprise visit? Someone/something unexpected?
11. Did they find anything of hers in the parking lot? Did any store have someone turn in a set of keys? Were there cigarette butts by the car?
12. Has anyone accessed her social media/email to see if she was talking to anyone?
13. What are the police doing?

Thank you!

1. Did Maricela take her purse into the store?
2. Where does she hang out? When she was using, where did she go?
3. Who is her cell provider?
4. When was her last day at work and did anything happen? Has she called in?
5. Any men she's interested in? Unhappy females? Recent breakups?
6. Are there any other stores in the area with cameras? CVS? Did she go into the 99 Cent Store? Does anyone remember seeing her?
7. Has any of her social media accounts been active?
8. What was her mood like Thursday? Was she happy? Upset? Stressed? Was she supposed to work Friday?
9. Does she work in an office? How does she interact with her co-workers? When was the last day she worked? Did anything happen?
10. Did Maricela run into anyone that day? Surprise visit? Someone/something unexpected?
11. Did they find anything of hers in the parking lot? Did any store have someone turn in a set of keys? Were there cigarette butts by the car?
12. Has anyone accessed her social media/email to see if she was talking to anyone?
13. What are the police doing?

Thank you!
All excellent. You're amazing ♡

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Accessing her social media accounts will be helpful in understanding who she may have contacted that day. From what I read it doesn't seem like a choice she made to walk away and not touch base. Highly unlikely she would choose to walk away leaving her sis, cash and her car. Are there any friends that still "use" that would be open in speaking if she relapsed ? Looking at the first photos you posted I didn't see an extreme difference. The lighting and shadowing are extremely different which can cause someone to look harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some disturbing things going on.
Who handles human trafficking? I know this usually gets brought up in cases like this and usually it's a long shot, but it is a very real possibility here.
What branch of law enforcement?
Anyone?

I think VICAP handles MP cases and I got the number for the LA field office. I'm guessing he can discuss it with them but I am not sure.

There are some disturbing things going on.
Who handles human trafficking? I know this usually gets brought up in cases like this and usually it's a long shot, but it is a very real possibility here.
What branch of law enforcement?
Anyone?

I think that is a real possibility here. She may have been lured with a 'modeling job.' It happens that way in LA too often. Young women think they are going to an audition or a photo shoot and they are blindsided and taken away by force immediately.

I think that is a real possibility here. She may have been lured with a 'modeling job.' It happens that way in LA too often. Young women think they are going to an audition or a photo shoot and they are blindsided and taken away by force immediately.

I am leaning this way myself. I asked the family if she had been recently contacted about a modeling gig. Recent "auditions", upcoming "photo shoots." Anything she was excited about.

modeling scams:

Police: Man lured victims to prostitution via modeling contracts

Allegations surfaced Tuesday against a man accused of luring victims into sex trafficking as U.S. attorneys said Taquarius Ford pretended to offer them a modeling contract.

Some of it happened in Portland where Ford now faces federal charges.

Court documents said Ford posed as a modeling exec and flew the victims to Los Angeles where he "wine and dined" them in Hollywood.

http://www.kptv.com/story/25198939/taquarius-ford-modeling-contract-sex-trafficking-charges

Rape, drugs and *advertiser censored*: Modeling scams thrive amid lack of regulation

For years, a former Miami policeman spent "the majority of his waking hours stalking female models online." Using a laundry list of aliases, he contacted hundreds of women and lured a number of them to fake modeling auditions in South Florida.
Once they arrived, he secretly drugged them and took them to another location where a "heavyset, tattooed man" would rape them on camera. This footage was then sold online and to *advertiser censored* stores. Some victims didn't find out about the videos until they were alerted by friends or complete strangers.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/15/news/runway-injustice-modeling-scams/

there are dozens more on google

Here are Sarah's answers to the questions asked. Some of them raise more questions. Primarily about the deliveries made that day and why the police aren't giving her information. She is family. Also, the PM punching issue seems unclear. Sarah is thinking the situation happened a long time ago then she ran into this guy at PM. She is not sure how, she is asking someone else. I hope this helps with new ideas.

1. Did Maricela take her purse into the store? No

2. Where does she hang out? Home When she was using, where did she go? Only work and straight home !

3. Who is her cell provider? AT&T

4. When was her last day at work and did anything happen? She worked at post mates the same day for only two deliveries and she made me wait in the car since we were hanging out. Has she called in? No

5. Any men she's interested in? No Unhappy females? No Recent breakups? No

6. Are there any other stores in the area with cameras? CVS? Did she go into the 99 Cent Store? Does anyone remember seeing her? I asked around and nothing I checked good will footage and asked around and the 99cents store but they didn't even see her.

7. Has any of her social media accounts been active? No

8. What was her mood like Thursday? Was she happy? Upset? Stressed? Was she supposed to work Friday? She would work every day her mood was the same as always she was calm and just a little stressed about something she just never said why.

9. Does she work in an office? No How does she interact with her co-workers? Doesn't have any it's a delivery app. When was the last day she worked? Thursday around 5 Did anything happen? Nothing

10. Did Maricela run into anyone that day? Surprise visit? Someone/something unexpected? No

11. Did they find anything of hers in the parking lot? Did any store have someone turn in a set of keys? No , I walked around and yes there was cigarette buds by the car. Were there cigarette butts by the car?

12. Has anyone accessed her social media/email to see if she was talking to anyone? Yes and she was not.

13. What are the police doing? Not sure no Info will be released to me.

I can't seem to message Bloodhoundsleuther. Can someone see if they might be interested in spreading the word about the search on SM, please?

The cigarettes by her car? Plural?
Were they the brand she smoked? Maybe had her lipstick on at least one?
Sure wish they'd been picked up and analyzed by PD. Maybe they were?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can't remember if we know how long her sister was inside Goodwill before looking for Maricela.
Since Sarah saw the CCTV from goodwill, did she see Maricela actually smoking, or was that off camera?
I'm wondering if someone maybe asked her for a cigarette and they got to talking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They were in the store less than half an hour then Sarah started looking for her about 20 minutes after Maricela went outside. She initially waited by the car then went into the stores looking for her. That's not much time to completely disappear.
She smokes American Spirits...more than likely that's memorable to a small store owner. Pretty girl, unusual brand. Sarah thinks there were two butts outside the car. She wasn't wearing lipstick.
Two butts in twenty minutes?
I am working on a timeline, be right back. I will need a map person.

Takes me 10 minutes to leisurely smoke a cigarette so it's possible she chain smoked two. I wonder if someone approached and bummed one from her.

Has anyone talked to the people at the places she did the two deliveries on that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cortneyrose