Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is holding her past against her. All young people do dumb things. We ALL did. Some get caught, some don't. That's it. If anything, if she was a CI, then she made good on her mistakes AND was actually doing something good to help fight crime on a deeper level. This makes her a bit of a hero at the end of the day.
Completely agree.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is holding her past against her. All young people do dumb things. We ALL did. Some get caught, some don't. That's it. If anything, if she was a CI, then she made good on her mistakes AND was actually doing something good to help fight crime on a deeper level. This makes her a bit of a hero at the end of the day.

I completely agree, but knowing her recent history is helpful because it can lead to possibilities that might otherwise seem implausible. CI, being one. Or, that she relapsed. Or, that she is trouble because of a deal gone bad. We need to look at the case with honest, open eyes (and I have sympathy for family members who may not want to do that. I understand.)

I do not think she walked out of that GW intended to leave her sister stranded and I want her found safely. I hope that happens soon.

Mistivon has been quiet the last 24 hours. Hope it's because she is taking some much needed family and relaxation time. She has worked so incredibly hard. I sure hope it isn't because someone is taking her incredible hard work for granted. She is brave and inspiring. Hope you are having a strong and great day Mistivon!

I have been reading along - this is a curious one. Thank you mistivon for keeping us up to date. I hope Maricela is found soon!!

So, nothing else was found in the search yesterday?

Elainera,

Your WS ID says you live in India. For the most part, drug arrests for using or possessing in California are regarded as victimless crimes. There is not a lot of shame for the arrestee. In fact, entire industries have developed to help users and they are treated with sympathy and compassion. The arrestee's access to sound legal advice can influence if the arrestee goes to prison, becomes a CI, or receives treatment for their addiction.

In comparison, you will see resounding public contempt for someone who is reported as possibly mistreating a pet dog or cat. Drug users who resort to crime to support their habit are subject to public scorn. Users who endanger others, such as driving under the influence, are also subject to public scorn.

Agree, CI makes more sense now after seeing those arrests. Would explain LE's behaviour.

What also makes more sense now is that she started using or dealing again.

In any case those arrests explain the reluctance of the family as well. They don't want their daughter's past plastered all over the net and neighborhood.

Mistivon has been quiet the last 24 hours. Hope it's because she is taking some much needed family and relaxation time. She has worked so incredibly hard. I sure hope it isn't because someone is taking her incredible hard work for granted. She is brave and inspiring. Hope you are having a strong and great day Mistivon!

I was thinking the same thing. It could be because it was expressed she should stop sharing so much. Which I disagree with. I think the more transparent cases are the ones that get the most involvement and help. This thread speaks to that. On cases where we get little to nothing, people do not get involved. She was able to share enough that people felt they had something to offer, and she has received lots of support and attention.

I say keep on doing what you are doing, Mistivon! It is working. We all know you are trying to help, the best you can. You know more than we do, so use your judgement (as you have been) on what to share. I hope you don't feel deterred. People are here for you and Maricela.

Elainera,

Your WS ID says you live in India. For the most part, drug arrests for using or possessing in California are regarded as victimless crimes. There is not a lot of shame for the arrestee. In fact, entire industries have developed to help users and they are treated with sympathy and compassion. The arrestee's access to sound legal advice can influence if the arrestee goes to prison, becomes a CI, or receives treatment for their addiction.

In comparison, you will see resounding public contempt for someone who is reported as possibly mistreating a pet dog or cat. Drug users who resort to crime to support their habit are subject to public scorn. Users who endanger others, such as driving under the influence, are also subject to public scorn.

Thank you for that information marinthinker. I was thinking more about the selling. Isn't that a more severe crime than mere using and possessing of drugs? We don't know what kind of quantities were involved here, and which kind of drugs. I would think (but I might be wrong) that someone who sells meth or heroin would be looked at less kindly by the community than someone who had a few ounces of marihuana on them when arrested. No? idk

You're correct. There were three records on the search page.
https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/searchArrests?firstname=Maricela&lastname=Garcia&city=

Arrest Name Maricela Garcia
Age 26
Address XXXXXXPA AV
City, State WOODLAND HILLS, CA
Arrest Date 2016-01-13
Source Los Angeles
Arrested For Transport/Sell Narcotic Controlled Substance

Age 26
Address XXXXXXwe St (VERIFIED)
City, State Van Nuys, CA
Arrest Date 2014-08-12
Source Los Angeles
Arrested For Possession of Narcotic Controlled Substance

Age 26
Address XXXXXXEW ST
City, State VALLEY GLEN, CA
Arrest Date 2014-01-30
Source Los Angeles

bbm

With a methadone clinic in the area Marciela was last seen, I can't help thinking someone she knew saw her and started blowing up her phone and/or followed her in GW. It'd be beyond unsettling to see or hear from someone she used to know, out of the blue, before she quit using and worse if she was a CI.

https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/searchArrests?firstname=Maricela&lastname=Garcia&city=

Age 26
Address XXXXXXPA AV
City, State WOODLAND HILLS, CA
Arrest Date 2016-01-13
Source Los Angeles

Maybe she was jonesing and went to get her fix /and or meet with a customer for a deal, either buy or sell.

She could have had her phone blowing up by her internal contact, she obviously didn't want to do in front of sis, went out and spoke to internal contact and message was Urgent you need to be picked up Now - Getting a message that she was in danger and they were coming to extract her, certainly could explain her erratic and upset seeming behavior while waiting for safety pickup, leaving her sister suddenly, knowing she was in danger.
Still, just another theory without more factual data to back it up...

Really been trying to hold back on theories until we have more evidence. It could plausibly fit this scenario, been in my mind - Or it could be something completely opposite this..... We still jist have far too many unknowns :(

Yes, it makes sense she would not want to endanger her sister.

CI makes a ton of sense to me. I don't think she randomly ran into somebody in goodwill, the phone calls are too big a coinindence. If she was a CI, either the bad guys or the cops or both were trying to get to her. Sadly, if the cops got to her first, I don't think the family would be left in the dark like this.

Or she owes someone a lot of money.

I remember from the The Killing Season, about how young females are often used to not only transport drugs, but also be made an example of, particularly relating to turf wars, etc.

Thanks for responding Elainera. It's all about quantity and I don't see her as a dealer. Selling part of your stash to a friend is still selling. She may have been set up by a CI so she could used as a CI.

Public concern about drug use is currently focused on preventing deaths from overdoses. I don't know how LE is focused.

Fentanyl overdose cases rise to 29, including death of El Dorado Hills teen
March, 31, 2016
BY CLAUDIA BUCK AND SAMMY CAIOLA
cbuck@sacbee.com
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article69241897.html

Student overdose deaths prompt Victoria High parent meeting
'It's happening in all high schools. It's happening everywhere.'

By Deborah Wilson, CBC News Posted: Jan 19, 2017 4:50 PM PT Last Updated: Jan 20, 2017 10:15 AM PT
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/drugs-overdose-youth-victoria-1.3943045

Thank you for that information marinthinker. I was thinking more about the selling. Isn't that a more severe crime than mere using and possessing of drugs? We don't know what kind of quantities were involved here, and which kind of drugs. I would think (but I might be wrong) that someone who sells meth or heroin would be looked at less kindly by the community than someone who had a few ounces of marihuana on them when arrested. No? idk
bbm

Elainera,

Do they ever put a CI into witness protection without notifying the family?

I'm here. Waiting to hear back from code4SAR. I have the family's insight into the January 2016 insight and may give you their version shortly.
I believe margarita was asking about Elise Lam's detective. Her case never went to MPU, it went to Robbery/Homicide.
However, Detective Palmer is/was over Olivia Gonzalez and Brian Fernandez.
No results from yesterday's search and I still think it is odd that flyers are being pulled down as soon as they are put up.
Good points being made on the CI angle. Just not sure it is that as I'm still pretty strongly in the camp that believes HT is to blame.
It could be the other agency is DEA or FBI.
If someone were being trafficked, since there isn't a backpage anymore, where would I begin looking?
Thanks for your continued interest and discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!