Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me very upset that from what we can tell the police didn't collect CCTV footage. That should have been a priority. I don't know what they were thinking.

I am not 100% certain that they did not get some important footage. I know that Misti and the family spoke to CEOs and managers and were told no, there was no footage given. But I think it is highly possible that 1---they did not want to discuss what had been given to LE and 2----LE has ways to quickly quietly look at footage without going through a lot of hoops.

Our friends own a gas station and the cameras point out towards a busy street. I have been there visiting my friend a few times, while her husband works on my car. I have seen investigators and/or officers walk in off the street and ask to quickly view recent footage to see suspects or hit and runs etc.

She just nods and clicks to the computer program and they spend some time reviewing it and either say Thanks and goodbye or they say they want to upload it.

I am not sure that if someone came along a week or two later and asked if LE had requested video footage, that she or whatever clerk was on duty, would know the correct answer.

This is a long an d rambling way to say that it is possible they looked at some footage already. JMO

Ok, thank you. I probably had a lower dosage. They were kinda ovalish and yellow. For some reason when I heard bars, I was thinking of acid paper. Yes, I'm a 70s gal.
You either had .25 or .5, I am thinking. but I am not an expert have just taken at one time. They make me tired and sleepy....but if I am asleep...no anxiety.
ETA i do know acid paper is bad for scrapbooking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some experience here. Having been once addicted to my prescription meds, I would run out before my refill and get so sick. Out of body creepy crawly sick. When you feel that way, you would be willing to trust anybody who says they have what you need. If ex was in debt to dealers and skipped town and dealers consider MG and ex's "account" as one, they will go after whichever of the two that is available.

I know when you can't find that fix, xanax makes the creepy crawlies go away so you can sleep. If she was going thru opiate withdrawl and couldnt get any and was sick, its the next best thing. Like I said before, you will call anybody to see if you can score when you are sick and she may have called ex's dealer who tricked her into meeting them. The withdrawls may have been why church said she looked sick.

Many heroin users, after detoxing on purpose or simply not being able to score, will use too much when they do heroin again for the first time.

It said she was dismissed from the methadone clinic. Around here you get dismissed for a urine test that is positive for any other opiates other than methadone. If you get caught selling in the parking lot, you get arrested. The only people who get to take their methadone "to go" are the ones who have been there an extensive time period and have had all clean urine tests.

I do know some people who do crush their xanax and snort it if they feel really bad simply so it works faster.

I would be happy to answer any questions on this topic if you all think it would help.

PS- clean and sober almost 2 years now!
...and very happy to have you alive, clean and sober on websleuths. (((Hugs)))

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Katy - I hope that they have more footage then what had been reported here. If I owned a business in that general vicinity, I would certainly have security cameras!

I am fairly near Reseda, and have shopped in that goodwill. I am going to download a photo of her. I have often told people that someday I will find a missing person, and I meant it.

Well it would be absolutely fantastic if you could help take part in the upcoming searches. Please go to the Facebook page for information as to where to meet up, if you'd like to join

Some experience here. Having been once addicted to my prescription meds, I would run out before my refill and get so sick. Out of body creepy crawly sick. When you feel that way, you would be willing to trust anybody who says they have what you need. If ex was in debt to dealers and skipped town and dealers consider MG and ex's "account" as one, they will go after whichever of the two that is available.

I know when you can't find that fix, xanax makes the creepy crawlies go away so you can sleep. If she was going thru opiate withdrawl and couldnt get any and was sick, its the next best thing. Like I said before, you will call anybody to see if you can score when you are sick and she may have called ex's dealer who tricked her into meeting them. The withdrawls may have been why church said she looked sick.

Many heroin users, after detoxing on purpose or simply not being able to score, will use too much when they do heroin again for the first time.

It said she was dismissed from the methadone clinic. Around here you get dismissed for a urine test that is positive for any other opiates other than methadone. If you get caught selling in the parking lot, you get arrested. The only people who get to take their methadone "to go" are the ones who have been there an extensive time period and have had all clean urine tests.

I do know some people who do crush their xanax and snort it if they feel really bad simply so it works faster.

I would be happy to answer any questions on this topic if you all think it would help.

So happy you were able to get and stay sober. I've known many people who have struggled for most of their adult life and can't get ahead of their addiction. Although I've been lucky enough to never get addicted, I've been on pain medicine for about 15 years for severe spine problems.

However, I was once on a pain medication that I couldn't miss taking for even one day because the withdrawals were so severe - even when just taking it as prescribed. It was the most horrible experience I have ever been through and I'be had 2 spine surgeries and will have at least 2-3 more, for the near future. I completely agree with your description of wanting anything at all to stop what your body is going through. I would take phenergan that I had left over, but at least I had something and it was safe (as far as being a legit prescription). In that moment of being desperate for help, I wouldn't fault anyone's decision for how they chose to get rid of the anxiety, nausea, shaking, and feeling like your skin is crawling all over your body.

On another subject, I think Maricela's sister's words in calling people "idiots" weren't well thought out, but I'm sure she's regretted it and probably used those words out of frustration and stress. I wouldn't have the same choice of words, but I can just imagine the deluge of repetitive questions and comments the family has faced. Just here on WS there are theories and questions repeated over and over again, so I can't help but wonder how much that is multiplied for Maricela's family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears the smashed phone is hers. That was the smartphone with her communication app and her Postmates app. The sister did NOT recant her story. She maintains it was playing music from the car.

The thought is she knew the person who abducted her. It is not believed that she would go quietly with a stranger (would have screamed, run, etc)

We do not have details on the PM deliveries except that it was two Thai restaurants.

The only CCTV footage that has been reviewed that I am aware of is from the GW and the 99 Cent Store. The places that would allow us access had been recorded over. LE did not pull from Kaiser, BOA and Jon's as far as I know.

She was discharged from the methadone clinic in March 2016. She also has a medical marijuana card. Yes, I think she was selling/using out of the church. That's my opinion

Evanbaer, welcome. I believe I have "spoken" with you on the FB page. Would be great to have you come search this weekend if we still have one.

Yes, Sarah is easily frustrated and very tired of questions. I really feel for her. Edgar is the same way. They are scared and lashing out sometimes, which is okay. They are both very sweet people and determined to find their sister.

Thank you for all the nice comments about the podcast. I was just grateful I said all the right things. I was very scared :) Whatever it takes to get MG home.

There was a Facebook page regarding her and it's now gone. Has she been found?

What are bars of Xanax? And how is the prescribed? I have panic disorder and was prescribed it but I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I just use Ativan when I have an attack. When I had Xanax it was pills.

Ugh panic attacks. The worst... very empathetic. I think the worst part with this story is that it is rounding out to be out addiction potentially- and once again, we see the power and the powerlessness that shakes and crushes those in its wake. Be strong, MG. You can always fight.

Bravo!! Congrats

Take a xanibar, have a few drinks as you normally would - Easy recipe for blackout city.
Just for perspective- DO NOT TRY THAT! :)
They, calm the internal demons.
They zonk/zombie you out. Downer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ugh panic attacks. The worst... very empathetic. I think the worst part with this story is that it is rounding out to be out addiction potentially- and once again, we see the power and the powerlessness that shakes and crushes those in its wake. Be strong, MG. You can always fight.

Yes, panic attacks absolutely suck. I literally feel like I'm having a heart attack. I have finally been able to convince myself I'm not dying and it's just an attack.

Yes, panic attacks absolutely suck. I literally feel like I'm having a heart attack. I have finally been able to convince myself I'm not dying and it's just an attack.

Same. It's not a panic attack. It's a fear of death attack. And I feel I am dying. Or simply going insane. Glad to know I'm not alone although I hate to hear you suffer. The one things I can say in relation to MG, overwhelming anxiety can be so severe that it's demands become stronger than the rational mind- it must be quieted- hence why so many people relapse. To escape.

Same. It's not a panic attack. It's a fear of death attack. And I feel I am dying. Or simply going insane. Glad to know I'm not alone although I hate to hear you suffer. The one things I can say in relation to MG, overwhelming anxiety can be so severe that it's demands become stronger than the rational mind- it must be quieted- hence why so many people relapse. To escape.
It's a need to calm the overwhelming mental noise, chaos that can very commonly have physical manifestations.
Either way, in ref to MG, it was either primarily for making money or recreational use. Any prescribed uses would be secondary at this point, since as far as we know, she bought them without a prescription.

So the smartphone was the one smashed outside in the car park. It makes sense if abducting someone to remove their phones, either to avoid them calling for help, but also to elude GPS tracking etc. But wouldn't more than one person need to be involved in order to achieve an abduction in which the person was taken from a car park, with people around, phones were removed from a person and disposed of, and all this without anyone seeing?

Not sure this seems like the MO of the local rapist.

+ do the smashed phones make the accidental OD/dumping scenario seem less likely? Why would you want to add suspicion to a situation which is so easily explained away to cops as just another junkie dying of an overdose?

Unless she smashed the phone herself in a rage. Drug use can exacerbate impulse control problems. And cell phones are emotional objects.

BTW Mistivon your podcast was excellent. I hope that wherever Maricela is, and whatever is happening to her, she knows somehow that she has a person like you out here fighting for her life. Small light in the darkness.

Right about now, an ex should be calling police and begging for his home to be searched, cell phone records looked at, or anything that would help him prove to the world that he doesn't have maricela. I know that's what I would be doing and obviously him and I are two different people and different people react differently under extreme pressure. ( I'm a older professional woman and he's a young man with some admitted addiction issues)
But I do doubt that he's holding her alive as a hostage. I really doubt he'd be worried about posting on social media if he was holding her at his home. Stranger things have indeed happened but sadly, my heart feels like he is not holding her. That's just my opinion though . I do have to say that I think if police thought she was there, they would've sent a local patrol car over there. He only mentions being contacted by phone several times and does not mention being visited in person.

I've been thinking...

What IF, Mari was not convicted of her drug charge because she gave up info (snitched) on the other 2 who were involved. So, she got off and they went to jail. AND, what if one of them got out and wanted to get Mari? She could have been harassed/followed in the days before she went missing? Maybe she saw the person in GW and knew she had to run?

Anyway, it's a possibility that should be ruled out at least.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've just started reading this case and I think this is a plausible theory. My first thought was that someone in the drug trade and/or an associate she knows through having possession of narcotics (in the past as well as the possibility of her having possession at the time of her disappearance) is involved. I definitely think her phone ringing and leaving GW was to meet someone associated with drugs or dealing.

Congrats Mistivon and keep up the great sleuthing everyone. Poor Maricela needs to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member