Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first paragraph outlines a scenario that makes the most sense to me. I think the "music playing" was someone contacting her and she left GW to meet that person. I think she fully intended on returning to GW and had no intention of leaving her sister stranded.

What baffles me a bit is that the sisters are described as shy and sheltered, yet MG has experience with drugs and risky modeling/hostess activities. I'm not judging her in the slightest and I do believe she is a victim of abduction, but can't reconcile the "sheltered" description with drugs/modeling. (I do understand that shy people are often drawn to modeling and performing as those activities provide a way to break out of shyness while on stage.) I admit this disconnect is confusing, and I also acknowledge I don't need to know everything. Bottomline is I want her found (safely!).

jmo
Inthedetails has shared an opinion that I too have a hard time processing. There's a obvious disconnect between her family's perception of her and the activities we've been told and learned she was/is involved in.
My husband seems to think that is the big "secret" MG is hiding. He brings up a good point that slot of times in quiet reserved families, there isnt much communication or openness so it can be the reason MG was secretive. And the reason her family knows nothing substantial about her aside from her favorite movie. Again. JMO
What ever the situation is, my heart bleeds for her. She is I, and I and her. 😔

Skimmed through earlier and there are some things I can answer and some things I can't. Off the top of my head, I think Mari's mother was not making the distinction between the phones. She is not like technically savvy, I don't think, and may not even had known she had two phones. Yes, she used the GoPhone as a hotspot. We looked for red light cameras within the search radius and did not see any. Maybe we missed some.

So, here is what I can't wrap my head around. Two nights ago, after the vigil, Sara stayed up texting me for a long time. She is the one who asked for the search and who said she would handle it since I can't be there.
I haven't heard from her since. Not when I asked her for stories, not when I inquired about the color of Mari's bra, not when I offered her the map of the river area, and most importantly, not when I told her to call me so that I could explain where the clothes were found. Even tho Mr Mistivon didn't find anything, it was dark. Maybe there is something important that he missed and searchers can find. Nothing. No response. Not even from Dad.
Something is off/odd about the whole situation. I don't know what it is. I don't think the family is involved but I think there may be more to the story. Why else wouldn't someone have called me immediately upon hearing about the clothes being found?
Can anyone suggest a good reason? I have not talked to them about the search...they are not going to know what to do if they find something and they do not know which areas are the most logical to search.
I don't know but I'm pretty sure the PI will.

OK< so I have my little granddaughter with me today, so I couldn't go to the search. But after reading this post, I really wanted to know if there was going to be a search, so I did drive by the GW just now. My GDaughter wanted stickers and markers, so I went to the 99cent store so I could check out he scene....:websleuther:

Anyway, there was a small group, maybe 5 or 6 people waiting there. Her father and sister, included...

Skimmed through earlier and there are some things I can answer and some things I can't. Off the top of my head, I think Mari's mother was not making the distinction between the phones. She is not like technically savvy, I don't think, and may not even had known she had two phones. Yes, she used the GoPhone as a hotspot. We looked for red light cameras within the search radius and did not see any. Maybe we missed some.

So, here is what I can't wrap my head around. Two nights ago, after the vigil, Sara stayed up texting me for a long time. She is the one who asked for the search and who said she would handle it since I can't be there.
I haven't heard from her since. Not when I asked her for stories, not when I inquired about the color of Mari's bra, not when I offered her the map of the river area, and most importantly, not when I told her to call me so that I could explain where the clothes were found. Even tho Mr Mistivon didn't find anything, it was dark. Maybe there is something important that he missed and searchers can find. Nothing. No response. Not even from Dad.
Something is off/odd about the whole situation. I don't know what it is. I don't think the family is involved but I think there may be more to the story. Why else wouldn't someone have called me immediately upon hearing about the clothes being found?
Can anyone suggest a good reason? I have not talked to them about the search...they are not going to know what to do if they find something and they do not know which areas are the most logical to search.
I don't know but I'm pretty sure the PI will.
I've been following this thread and when you posted this a thought came to mind. Maybe the texts you sent Sara scared her; clothes being found, when you asked the color of her sisters bra, even if you know her it may have caused her alarm. She possibly spoke with the investigator or someone that told her: often times a guilty party inserts themselves into the investigation. Hence, her lack of contact now.

I see, from all that I have read, you are very concerned and doing everything possible to help find MG. I commend your efforts and encourage you bc obviously not much would have been done if you had not been involved. I just thought this could be a reason for her sudden lack of response. Then, her asking you to speak with the detective. Probably not, but something to consider. I can tell you're devoted to finding MG, hang in there your efforts will surely pay off. Everybody just wants MG home! You have been AWESOME

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My guess is they know you are posting here and they want to keep whatever is going on out of the limelight. Secretive family.
LE doesn't want anything that could compromise an investigation leaked.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OK< so I have my little granddaughter with me today, so I couldn't go to the search. But after reading this post, I really wanted to know if there was going to be a search, so I did drive by the GW just now. My GDaughter wanted stickers and markers, so I went to the 99cent store so I could check out he scene....:websleuther:

Anyway, there was a small group, maybe 5 or 6 people waiting there. Her father and sister, included...
You, my friend, are a soldier. [emoji179]

Could the thread #2 be flipped private

Not like it's necessary just a random thought

If they are reading here then they know there are plenty of details I have kept private. So I shouldn't post here anymore?

I mentioned this before but it got overlooked I think.. Maybe thread #1..

1) Why can't we get a battery for the phone, boot it up and verify that it really was Maricela's.

2) Not everything we do on our phones gets stored on a similar card. There could be info on there.

3) There are apps that allow contacts to track your movements live via gps. If Mari had any apps with this capability but didn't know about it, it's possible someone stalked her, lured her out to talk but she didn't know they were in the area, and... the rest is the rest.

4) if 1 phone ended up on the ground outside a dumpster behind GW, did the other phone end up IN the dumpster?

Get that phone checked out. Get the contents of all those dumpsters found.

If they are reading here then they know there are plenty of details I have kept private. So I shouldn't post here anymore?
I think maybe it's a good idea to not share as much.

Is this motor home still parked out behind CVS? How long has it been there? There are no license plates so it should be safe to post here.

Public image from Google Maps.

attachment.php
If I'm not mistaken, that RV has been sitting there for MONTHS, maybe a year or more. I don't think I've ever seen the damn thing move.
I shop at this Jon's and 99c store weekly for the last 3 years I've lived here. It's so unsettling that this happened so close. I wish I went shopping that night... Maybe I could have seen something. Ugh. :(

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Another thing I wanted to add, where the woman said she found a coat and bra, there is a clothing drop off bin next to the sidewalk near the Firestone and that secluded parking lot. It definitely could just be some clothes from there. Most people dont throw women's bras in there, however. There's another bin near the Reseda/Chase intersection and I once saw a bra and woman's clothes scattered near the area. That time I also found a box of condoms nearby too though. The one time I tried walking home alone in this area a man was persistently asking me if i need a ride home and kept following me in his truck until I yelled at him to **** off and another car saw and he sped off. Sorry for the long winded semi pointless anecdote BUT I just wanted to provide more insight on how unsafe it is for women around here. I just hope we bring Mari home safe soon. It's impossible to know for sure what went down which is the scariest part.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Could the thread #2 be flipped private

Not like it's necessary just a random thought
It's good you brought the issue of privacy up because I'm a new member of WS and before I became a member I always came to this forum to search for information about a missing person. I always found the information on WS more reliable and very detailed. There's a lot of the information that media does not release. Which was really nice for me. However now that I'm a member and helping with this case, I wonder if we are weakening our search strategies because we are completely open to public view. I can imagine whom ever is responsible for MS's disappearance, that they would use this forum to find out what we know. JMO

Well that's why I doubled back and added "not like it's necessary" because honestly the investigation you are spearheading is not LE's, so you haven't released confidential anything of theirs.
Just to clarify the reality :)
You are more than allowed to discuss Your investigation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I mentioned this before but it got overlooked I think.. Maybe thread #1..

1) Why can't we get a battery for the phone, boot it up and verify that it really was Maricela's.

2) Not everything we do on our phones gets stored on a similar card. There could be info on there.

3) There are apps that allow contacts to track your movements live via gps. If Mari had any apps with this capability but didn't know about it, it's possible someone stalked her, lured her out to talk but she didn't know they were in the area, and... the rest is the rest.

4) if 1 phone ended up on the ground outside a dumpster behind GW, did the other phone end up IN the dumpster?

Get that phone checked out. Get the contents of all those dumpsters found.

bbm - I thought LE came and took the phone?

bbm - I thought LE came and took the phone?
They did. But, Maricela's family should be able to go make sure it's hers. Also, autocorrect changed the word SIM card to similar card. Grrrrrrr

Arrest Date: 01/13/2016 Arrest Time: 1420 Arrest Agency: 4233 Agency Description: LAPD-DET SUPP DIVISION

Date Booked: 01/13/2016 Time Booked: 1531 Booking Location: 4279 Location Description: LAPD - VALLEY JAIL (VAN NUYS)
Housing Location: -

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 01/14/2016 Assigned Time: 0756 Visitor Status: N
Actual Release Date: 01/14/2016 Release Time: 1212
https://app4.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members