GUILTY CA - Marysa Nichols, 14, found murdered, Red Bluff, 26 Feb 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The man, possibly in his 30s, was described as around 5 feet, 10 inches, with a short to medium length natural red goatee, red shorts or possible cut-off sweat pants and a tattoo on his lower left ankle. The tattoo was described by a witness as colorful, but of an unknown design.

Nanfito declined to say who the witness was that described the tattoo.
The footage showed the man walking east on Douglas Street, briefly turn around and then turn toward the student parking lot of the high school. It was taken at 11:01 a.m. Tuesday.

Nanfito said Nichols followed the same path about a minute to 90 seconds later as she was leaving her class on the west side of campus.

Nanfito said the person on videotape was a "man of interest."

"It's important we know who he is," Nanfito said
He said the department was working on a composite picture it hoped to have out late Friday or Saturday and was going to ask the FBI for help in enhancing the video surveillance footage.
The department is still keeping a lid on many of the details of the homicide itself, although Nanfito said the public should be assured the department knows it is dealing with a homicid
Asked whether he believed Nichols was "up to no good" when she left the school campus, Nanfito fired back, "absolutely not."
Nanfito declined to say what Nichols was wearing when she was found.

He would neither confirm nor deny suggestions she was sexually assaulted.

Asked about social media posts suggesting details of the case, he said those posts could be investigated by the department.
http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_22702043/red-bluff-cops-seek-person-interest

Here is the image....Yeah, can't tell much of anything. From another article, it seemed like they had a witness which is where I am guessing they got the description.
Newe-Details-Pic.jpg

Broad daylight in a school parking lot. Are our children not safe anywhere now?

sitting back and waiting.

He is on video in public area slightly before Marysa was in that same area. He may have seen something, he may have seen nothing, he may have done something, he may have done nothing.

I have a feeling this guy on the video is going to be unrelated. But LE must find him and determine that.

Yea may or may not be related. I read someplace that police said they are talking to all known sex offenders in the area.

Sure wish they'd give us some sort of update. I hope the creep left behind plenty of DNA!:please:

sitting back and waiting.

He is on video in public area slightly before Marysa was in that same area. He may have seen something, he may have seen nothing, he may have done something, he may have done nothing.

I have a feeling this guy on the video is going to be unrelated. But LE must find him and determine that.

yes, hopefully LE has lots of forensic evidence to link to the killer. *fingers crossed*

Someone of the RIP facebook is saying that someone is in custody and there is a press conference at 7:30 pm.

can someone check the arrest records if the RSO was arrested today? I will also look.

I can't find anything on this yet, the fb post was 30 minutes ago.

KRCR News Channel 7 ‏@KRCR7
DEVELOPING: Red Bluff police have just scheduled their third news conference on the Marysa Nichols case for tonight at 7:30pm.

I don't know where to look for the arrest bookings. Something is definitely going on.

I read some Facebook rumors that it may be a minor that was arrested, so you wouldn't be able to find his arrest record online (IF the rumor is true).

I spoke with KRCR TV and they confirmed that they are attending a news conference at 730p.m. They said "We’ll be there…and post updates just as soon as we have them, on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/krcr7) and on our website (www.krcrtv.com)."

Stay tuned....

Ohhhh...I have to wait until it's 7:30 pm in California, don't I ??? I'll be back. xo

California time? I got my cases mixed up .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back