CA - Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival, 3 dead up to 11 injured, 28 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coroner identifies 13-year-old girl killed at Gilroy Garlic Festival

The 13-year-old girl killed at the Gilroy Garlic Festival has been identified, according to the Santa Clara County Coroners Office.

Keyla Salazar from San Jose was shot on Sunday while attending the festival.

She is one of three victims shot by the 19-year-old gunman.

Coroner identifies 13-year-old girl killed at Gilroy Garlic Festival

The 13-year-old girl killed at the Gilroy Garlic Festival has been identified, according to the Santa Clara County Coroners Office.

Keyla Salazar from San Jose was shot on Sunday while attending the festival.

She is one of three victims shot by the 19-year-old gunman.

Family members had been posting about this girl all day on the look out for her. She had been separated from her parents and they called all hospitals and could not find her. It was stated her father was shot as well.

Huge thanks to the officers of the law! Tough guy tried to shoot them with his rifle once he saw them, huh? I hope they were not wounded.
Realllyyyyyy awful at what he was doing if officers were able to take him down with handguns when he had a rifle. Thank the lord they were well trained and he was no match for them. He should be ashamed and embarrassed of hisself in so many aspects

Last edited:
The three known victims: Stephen Romero, 6; Trevor Irby, 25; Keyla Salazar, 13.

EAqWPqKXsAAj8y9

2YVHI4YGEVE5TC3343VGMFUOHA.jpg

40968244_1564436431565332_r.jpeg

pjimage-51-1.jpg

Beautiful young faces. Taken out by another young person. I wish we could say that we could at least make this less common, but I think we are beyond that now. ETA - actually, scratch that. I refuse to give up hope and action. To do so would be unpatriotic.

i saw a pic on one of the news links of the home and i knew right where it was. my fam member who recently moved home had the same builder and he lived on Miller which is directly behind the park. this guy just walked over a few blocks, crossed the creek and cut the fence.

wow it even has the same floor plan as my fams house. this home is 5 bedroom. 4 upstairs one down. laundry room in front leading to garage. kitchen in the back. two living rooms. this house is worth over a million here, prob 1.2-5. but that's not saying much a standard 3/2 approaches a million.
I wondered after seeing poor little Steven Romero who the other murder victims would be. I'm expecting it to get even worse, if that's possible. I'll hedge on going too far w/speculation, but I anticipate that there was targeting, regardless of how panicked bystanders may have viewed the chaos.

the third was a 13 year old Latina female

I lived in Gilroy for 20 years...one block away from Churchill Place. These are family homes in a family neighborhood. We bought our home for $250k; when we moved the price had doubled and now these homes sell in the $750-$900k range. So definitely a higher end neighborhood consisting of working folks who want to be out of the hustle of Silicon Valley - although most of them probably work in Silicon Valley (I did).
I attended the GGF every year. The Vineyard Stage "where he came out from behind" is in front of the area where the fence/creek is that he made his way through. With food booths lining the area. Thanks to the quick action of the Gilroy Police Department; the shooter went down quick. With the location where this happened being near so many food booths; places to sit and eat; listen to music, etc. the number of injured/deceased could have been triple.
I have many friends in Gilroy who were at the festival on Saturday...they are mad, sad, and sick that something so beloved by the community and the surrounding areas could turn into another statistic of an "active shooter" situation. And one last comment, when we lived there I ALWAYS went back on Sunday around 5:30p to get the Garlic French bread...thankfully, I now live a couple hundred miles away; or I could have been right there - in the middle of it. Serendipity... jmo

my fam just sold his home on miller for almost a million earlier this year :( i agree w all you said this is horrific :(

This is awful. You don't want fear to control everything you do, but how can you not worry. It is happening everywhere and with more and more frequency. Prayers to the families of these victims i cannot begin to understand their loss

Beautiful young faces. Taken out by another young person. I wish we could say that we could at least make this less common, but I think we are beyond that now. ETA - actually, scratch that. I refuse to give up hope and action. To do so would be unpatriotic.

Based on his instagram posts from the festival, he deliberately shot and killed two kids of Hispanic appearance, and a black man with white girlfriend. The surviving victims are probably mostly non-white.

He started shooting near the food court and children's playground. If he wasn't stopped quickly, this could have been a massacre.

I sincerely hope that vile White Supremacist book doesn't gain any more readers and followers.

SWL purchased his assault weapon in Nevada, on July 9. So he probably planned to attack the Garlic Festival before that day.

Curiously I was following the two killer fugitives in Gil-Lam, when news broke of the shooting at Gil-Roy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back