CA - Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival, 3 dead up to 11 injured, 28 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow...! Crazy California..! Go to have a little fun and eat some good food and what happens..? The Cowboys brought their six shooters to the Garlic Festival..! And they shot up the celebration.... Sure am I decided to stay here in Reno, Nevada and eat some eats here... I feel real bad for the families that lost loves ones. You're in my thoughts and prayers... Hey you guys out there...! Easy Cowboys....! There are little kids out there.! :mad:

Not sure if I should be sharing this but they were trained to use at a those weaponslocal Medieval Arts fighting school, that also has "zombie apocalypse" type courses where modern weapons are used (replicas of the real obviously during training, but they are taught how to load/use the real deal). A good friend of mine rubs the school and he will be devastated when he discovers this was perpetrated by one of his former students. My heart hurts.

What a brilliant business model. One that needs to go away, jmo. o_O

What could possibly go wrong with teaching impressionable young people these skills? :oops: Let them join the military, instead.

Last edited:
My opinion only - but I think everyone will be tight-lipped until the 10am (Pacific time) press conference.

I'm seeing lots of totally unsubstantiated rumors spreading, though. People are using the lack of confirmed info to push agendas without any backup confirmation at all. Not cool, not helpful. Personally, I think LE needs to step in an squelch that....but I also know they are very busy elsewhere. In the end, the truth will come out.

jmo

Legan has an Instagram page with just three posts. The one most disturbing appears to have been posted shortly before the shooting.

“Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced *advertiser censored*.”

Santino William Legan: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Legan also shared his views that include fringe white supremacist book written in 1890. Called “…one of the most incendiary works ever to be published anywhere,” by a noted anarchist, Legan quoted from the book in a post accompanied by a Smokey the Bear sign about fire danger. He wrote: “Read Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?”

Legan has an Instagram page with just three posts. The one most disturbing appears to have been posted shortly before the shooting.

“Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced ****.”

Legan also shared his views that include fringe white supremacist book written in 1890. Called “…one of the most incendiary works ever to be published anywhere,” by a noted anarchist, Legan quoted from the book in a post accompanied by a Smokey the Bear sign about fire danger. He wrote: “Read Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?”
Do you know for sure that his indeed his instagram account?

jmo

“Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced ****.”

Here is the book

https://www.amazon.com/Might-Right-Ragnar-Redbeard/dp/1944247793

(Are there still two threads for the event, or have they been merged? Both are still popping up for me.)

santino-william-legan-ig-screenshot.png

It's already their new normal. Life continues, no stopping, just thoughts and prayers and wait till the next one. Sadly.

Unfortunately, it happens all over the world. I’m not going to get in a discussion about gun control but the crazies find a way to kill people no matter how they have to do it. Look at the bombings all over the world, people running other people down on sidewalks, people running through crowds slashing others with knives.

IMO we are not treating it as a new normal, but people who want to kill always find a way in free countries.

Putting all that aside, I feel terrible when anyone experiences these things, for the victims of yesterday’s shooting and others we’ve witnessed. And hope they find the second suspect quickly if that person exists.

How long is America going to accept this as the new normal?
I don't think anyone accepts it as normal.

Apparently they just increased their security at the festival for the first time this year because of other recent shootings but the guy went through a creek and cut through a fence to get in.

It seems LE acted very quickly and took him down within minutes.
Since the suspect was just spraying bullets everywhere there could have been many more casualties if they had not acted so quickly.

There has been a lot of debate over how to stop shootings like this but apparently it's not that simple. It seems if there is some determined lunatic out there they are going to find a way to kill people. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back