CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am heartbroken for all of these innocents. Keeping their families close to my heart today. The waiting and not knowing definitively must be excruciating. I hope they find some kind of comfort.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/221452182-story

They also say "some bodies are identifiable, some are not".

It could take weeks to identify some using family DNA.

Drayton added that one victim was found within feet of the breached wall, and by the time they had made the 15-foot search, three more bodies were found.

ETA: BBM It just gets more heartbreaking.

Skibaboo mentioned this in the Sherri Papini thread, and I immediately looked it up. Gitana- I am so so sorry to see this. Thinking of you and your family, as well as all of the victims and families. Just so, so saddened by this. Not much more I can say, except that if we can help in any way, we are here

Skibaboo mentioned this in the Sherri Papini thread, and I immediately looked it up. Gitana- I am so so sorry to see this. Thinking of you and your family, as well as all of the victims and families. Just so, so saddened by this. Not much more I can say, except that if we can help in any way, we are here
I've been in touch with her since last night, and I think it is helping her knowing she has us for support.

My sister in law was at the rave. We cannot find her. She's not answering her phone which is dead. The coroner said she's on the unaccounted list. Please
pray for us. I'm on the plane to Oakland. Her name is Jennifer Mendiola. My brother is flipping out.

Thank you. I'm on the plane. Helpless afraid to look up more info on Facebook. Trying to get to my brother. He's out of his mind. He just had two friends have their spouse and girlfriend die and said, "I'm so lucky." I can't handle this.

Every prayer for us makes me cry. I'm so hankflil.

Sending you (and your brother) collective thoughts, hopes, and prayers. How I wish I could take away the anxiety you are going through. Waiting along with you, friend. We may only meet in passing here, but I always look for you in some threads and have the utmost respect and admiration. Now it is my turn to give back a little to you. :pray:

Slight update: 24 bodies recovered, 20% of warehouse searched. Further updates will release names. 3 identified and notified.

Does anyone know if there has been an update about how many people are still missing? I'm just kind of hoping maybe some that were thought to be missing were safe after all and have been taken off the list? :(

Can't stop thinking about Gitana and family either...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/221452182-story

OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU)
- 30 deaths have been confirmed in the Oakland warehouse fire that broke out late Friday night.

Authorities say many people are still missing and the death toll is expected to change.

Thoughts and prayers for all of the families who have been impacted by this terrible tragedy.

attachment.php

"Our new family ride.
@nother 1951... This time a Plymouth.
Anyone wanna use it in a shoot or creative project.... Give a shout.... She just wants to get out and explore."

This was taken from the tenant's Facebook page. Apparently he just bought this classic car about a month ago. I hear it's still parked outside the warehouse.

Attachments

• 14882405_10153948006401630_4917476352009747718_o.jpg
    14882405_10153948006401630_4917476352009747718_o.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 274
Does anyone know if there has been an update about how many people are still missing? I'm just kind of hoping maybe some that were thought to be missing were safe after all and have been taken off the list? :(

Can't stop thinking about Gitana and family either...

Per recent report on CNN, officials have a "working list" of names of individuals who might have been in attendance at the party. Relying on family members/friends who might know of potential attendees to contact local authorities. Identification of victims could take weeks due to lack of ID (lost in fire). DNA might be needed to confirm victims' identities.

Sending you (and your brother) collective thoughts, hopes, and prayers. How I wish I could take away the anxiety you are going through. Waiting along with you, friend. We may only meet in passing here, but I always look for you in some threads and have the utmost respect and admiration. Now it is my turn to give back a little to you. :pray:

Gitana does have internet access, but she doesn't feel up to posting yet, so she's asked me to convey that they are hanging in there and she's going to go to the next press conference. I was happy to find that 5 Bay Area sports teams have made large donations in the tens of thousands of dollars to the families. They will need it.

attachment.php

"Our new family ride.
@nother 1951... This time a Plymouth.
Anyone wanna use it in a shoot or creative project.... Give a shout.... She just wants to get out and explore."

This was taken from the tenant's Facebook page. Apparently he just bought this classic car about a month ago. I hear it's still parked outside the warehouse.

It is/was I saw it on one photo

Gitana does have internet access, but she doesn't feel up to posting yet, so she's asked me to convey that they are hanging in there and she's going to go to the next press conference. I was happy to find that 5 Bay Area sports teams have made large donations in the tens of thousands of dollars to the families. They will need it.

Please tell her we are all thinking about her, her Brother and family, and if there is anything we can do, she's got it. I've been sat in tears thinking what they are going through :(

Please tell her we are all thinking about her, her Brother and family, and if there is anything we can do, she's got it. I've been sat in tears thinking what they are going through :(
I have, I offered to go meet her, I'm about 30 min away, and she's not ready to do that yet. She did say that the sense of horror is incredible and the waiting is just sickening. She's gained a new appreciation for what families we follow go through.

Death Toll in Deadly Warehouse Fire Rises to 30 as Search Goes On

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/04/us/warehouse-party-fire-oakland-search.html?_r=0

In one of the deadliest structure fires in the United States in the last decade, partygoers at the two-story converted warehouse were asphyxiated on Friday night by thick black fumes, which poured from the building’s windows for several hours. Survivors stood across the street in a Wendy’s parking lot, watching firefighters try to put out the blaze and rescue those inside.

Prayers from Ontario Canada gitana1

Thank You LinasK for the updates. Your a really good person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson