CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twenty four bodies located. Only 20 percent of the building searched.

Don't believe they have even gotten close to the point of origin to the fire. The number is 24 right now but will go up.

Next press conference scheduled for 8:00AM Pacific (11:00 Eastern).

Depressing is the only word that is accurate..
It was similiar to the PUlse update- your heart sinks and your brain spins with implications.

It was less heartening (which was exactly where my head went) when asked if it was around the stariwell- to find out it was not was more depressing............

"fault" is different. Pilot error does not have the same emotionial attachment IMO, as it relates to greed, stupidy,indiffernce.

These folks , unlike the zoning people, have been awesome IMO.

As far as I am concerned the guy has 24 charges of murder one on his back and I hope he does not get away-let his money that he earned exploitiing young people to their grave go to lawyers.

I would also like to know if he was, in fact living an affluent lifestyle off this stuff.

If that is the case that makes him more of a hyprocrit imo, cause all that verbage he ooozes about earth and moon and sun and clouds and ears and corncobs and whispers and wood and light and core and uncore and carpet and paint and light barf.

sounds like his real focus was everything related to $$.

I sure would like to know what CPS involvment was and the reasons for returning these children to be in his care.

I believe they said it took 12 hours just to go through that 20% of the building. Removing rubble bucket by bucket and taking it to another location.

Absolutely right, CARIIS. This is beyond depressing.

Another press conference at 11. Will release names of some victims.

I might of missed this
Do they know where and what caused the fire?
Smoking?'
Did they serve drinks? food?
$5 cover charge
From photos inside everything looks like everything looks very flammable..............allot of old wood

Firetrap peroid. And since hearing the number 24 I shall be frank. Some of the "areas" were interesting. However , honestly in last hours seeing more and more most of it looked heaps of junk and cr@p placed in some sort or order. Like and organised DUMPster.

moo

I might of missed this
Do they know where and what caused the fire?
Smoking?'
Did they serve drinks? food?
$5 cover charge
From photos inside everything looks like everything looks very flammable..............allot of old wood

They don't know what started the fire yet; they don't think they are close to that area yet.

Regarding food and drinks, I'm not sure, but they did NOT sell alcohol.

Yes, the cover charge was five dollars.

I've seen people calling the man who rented it a hoarder. Seems pretty accurate.

Thank you. Setting up now.

http://www.ktvu.com/live

This time they used the word media access, so you guys think that really means a presser at 2 eastern, or is it gonna be something different?

I am also finding it frustrating that there are still notions tyring to "determine" if people were in the building.

At this point in time this seems totally asine. IMO it is not difficult to detemine if homopasians as oppossed to rodents are residing in a building space - give me a break.

Humans are not bats, there would be lights on at nightime.

I would think utility useage would clearly iindicate if "boxes" were using a shower, a toilet and lamp at night to read a book.

i would assume one could ascertain, compared to other simlar facilties in that area, if crates of non living entities were occuping the space as opposed to human beings. It is ludicrious, imo

People would be coming and going.

Why , after this mess, is it still this big question if people were living in the facility?

We have heard "rent" numbers outlined, we have heard from people who live in the area clearly stating that people are "living" in the building.

Everything does not IMO have be turned into this great mystery, determinig the orgin of the moon, well I am with ya.

There is nothing to "ascertain" here imo. Especially if some of the numbers we have heard about how many were actually residing there.

IMO, the zoning board would be better to get ahead of this- and flat out acknoledge that this building had been used as apt complex and disco. Enough - own it - its all out from now on anyhow.

IMO it makes them appear more beurocrat and incompnetent than they are at the present moment.

Take responsibility for your obvious failure, its insulting IMO,to beleive that folks, have already come to that easily determined conclusion.

Quit with the we are still trying to determine if people were using the space as a place to live.

It is imo blantly obvious

jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

moo

This time they used the word media access, so you guys think that really means a presser at 2 eastern, or is it gonna be something different?

I think media access is just another way to say press conference. MOO

At least I hope so.

They don't know what started the fire yet; they don't think they are close to that area yet.

Regarding food and drinks, I'm not sure, but they did NOT sell alcohol.

Yes, the cover charge was five dollars.

I've seen people calling the man who rented it a hoarder. Seems pretty accurate.

to get gruesomely murdered

I am also finding it frustrating that there are still notions tyring to "determine" if people were in the building.

At this point in time this seems totally asine. IMO it is not difficult to detemine if homopasians as oppossed to rodents are residing in a building space - give me a break.

Humans are not bats, there would be lights on at nightime.

I would think utility useage would clearly iindicate if "boxes" were using a shower, a toilet and lamp at night to read a book.

i would assume one could ascertain, compared to other simlar facilties in that area, if crates of non living entities were occuping the space as opposed to human beings. It is ludicrious, imo

People would be coming and going.

Why , after this mess, is it still this big question if people were living in the facility?

We have heard "rent" numbers outlined, we have heard from people who live in the area clearly stating that people are "living" in the building.

Everything does not IMO have be turned into this great mystery, determinig the orgin of the moon, well I am with ya.

There is nothing to "ascertain" here imo. Especially if some of the numbers we have heard about how many were actually residing there.

IMO, the zoning board would be better to get ahead of this- and flat out acknoledge that this building had been used as apt complex and disco. Enough - own it - its all out from now on anyhow.

IMO it makes them appear more beurocrat and incompnetent than they are at the present moment.

Take responsibility for your obvious failure, its insulting IMO,to beleive that folks, have already come to that easily determined conclusion.

Quit with the we are still trying to determine if people were using the space as a place to live.

It is imo blantly obvious

jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

moo

I read a bit about how they got away with it. They claimed to be working all hours of the day or night, not living there. Also, if an inspector came by they hid their clothes and mattresses.

Considering we saw a report that the 15 people living there escaped and were taken to hospital, authorities can't still doubt people lived there.

Can we find out what it "was" before this (the space) . That could give us alot of info in terms of its original design/function.

Go here guys google street

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.777...1JGwgfu7E_TdNhXdIQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

There is a darn Wendys across the street. Inspector :walk over. Go in. Ask, do you think people are living in that building?

Go next door to the car place, repeat,

Go to the several "zoned" houses across the street - repeat question.

Gather up your answer and start paperwork.

I read a bit about how they got away with it. They claimed to be working all hours of the day or night, not living there. Also, if an inspector came by they hid their clothes and mattresses.

Considering we saw a report that the 15 people living there escaped and were taken to hospital, authorities can't still doubt people lived there.

Thanx Jax, I was unaware of this info. So it iit is clear he knew hewas breaking the law- I hope they are watching him

This is absolutely heartbreaking. These young people had no chance in that firetrap. :( I don't understand how these venues work...would they not have to have a license to host such an event if they are advertising and charging money? Wouldn't there have to be an inspection prior to receiving a license?

Not sure if this has been posted...many photo's and some posters advertising events. http://www.oaklandghostship.com/

My condolences to all affected by this horrific tragedy.

Thoughts and prayers going out to Gitana and family.

They did it unpermitted because they knew they would be denied a permit.

Thanx Jax, I was unaware of this info. So it iit is clear he knew hewas breaking the law- I hope they are watching him

He still hasn't shut down his facebook page but he also hasn't posted anything since the poor-me post earlier.

People are making some very definitive statements about what they'd like him to do (to himself).

I was on my zoning board for years. I imagine it is the same everywhere. There is no enforcement power with a zoning board. The zoning board makes plans and hears petitions for variances or conditional use permits.

If there is a permit violation, the building inspector is asked to check. If it is a violation, then working with the owner and if no compliance, then the legal system is put into play with law enforcement giving citations and then court orders. These things can take years.

I imagine there may have to be a court order in order to enter a building. Not sure of that.

Has anyone found an invite or guest list? How did folks know about the party? Was it posted on FB or other social media? I heard that there was no permit issued for the gathering and am wondering how people knew about the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste