CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sata Yuga Group website.

http://symbiosisgathering.com/satya-yuga/

"SATYA YUGA once again spins the riddle trick of twisted wood and bone. The living offering of our sacred seat. new fusions of unprecedented beauty. Shadowed and familiar ….. Our Ghost Ship… In this time. crashed upon the shore of Babylon. Resurrected as a tattered temple tethered to impossible promises and broken truths … An invitation to seduce .
wandering lovers and desperate characters…
Come sit with us. Sip Chai with us . As honored guests… And friends..
To witness our fantastic and tender existence."

[FONT=&quot]City Code Enforcement

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Substandard buildings and structures pose significant threats to Life, Health, and Safety for occupants as well as the public. All building systems -- structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, zoning, public nuisance and habitability -- are required to meet minimum standards.
Code Compliance provides the following services related to housing,
[FONT=&quot]zoning[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and building codes:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Inspection and response to complaints of violations, deficiencies, or other problems relating to the Oakland Housing Code (unsafe or unsanitary buildings that jeopardize the health and/or safety of the occupants or the neighborhood).[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Responses to zoning complaints alleging violations of the Zoning Regulations (e.g. illegal multi-family occupancy in a one-family zone, salvage yards, billboards, and businesses in residential zones).[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Investigation of public nuisance structures or conditions (graffiti, environmental conditions, or substandard buildings which are causing a blight upon the neighborhood).[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Inspections of additions, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]alterations,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or repairs performed without the benefit of a permit.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Enforcement of abatement conditions.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Permits to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]street[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and vehicular food vendors.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

The Planning and Building Department assists in the physical development of the City of Oakland, protecting the public's health, safety and welfare.

The Planning and Zoning Division, in coordination with the Planning Commission and community stakeholders, maintains the General Plan, a long-range policy document that guides the physical development of the City of Oakland. Neighborhood and Area Plansprovide more specific guidance for particular geographic areas. On a smaller scale, the Planning Code (zoning regulations and maps)specificies permitted uses and development standards for every parcel in the City. Planning and Zoning, working closely with Building Services, assists customers as they prepare development projects or a new activity/business, by overseeing the preservation of Historic Resources, processing environmental review documents, and issuing zoning permits (including Green Building permits) for projects that meet Planning Code requirements.
The Building Services Division, in coordination with other City departments, assists customers as they prepare development projects (such as additions, new construction, or renovations of existing buildings). Working closely with Planning and Zoning, Building Services provides determination of the building permits and other project-specific information that will be required. After permits are issued, inspectors review construction to make sure it’s proceeding according to the approved plans and conditions-of-approval, and that it meets current Building Codestandards, ensuring personal safety and securing the value of the improvement. Code Enforcement works to keep our community clean, safe and free of blight is supported by the Oakland Municipal

http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PBN/

Darin Ranelletti

Interim Director of Planning and Building at City of Oakland

San Francisco Bay AreaArchitecture & Planning
Current
  1. City of Oakland
Previous
  1. City of Oakland,
  2. Alameda County,
  3. CoStar Group
Education
  1. University of California, Berkeley

Experience

Education

[h=3]Experience[/h]
[h=3]Education[/h]

Previous complaints on the building and alleged violations. Good article. Interesting that they are not treating this as a crime scene. It seems like they should be, just in case for maybe not arson, but surely there is huge criminal neglect in play, all those people dead and others injured.

Also found a bit about the main stairs up to the second floor being boarded up or blocked so no one could access them, will look into that more.

Plus this makes it sound like Derick Ion lost custody of his children at least in part because of the sub par conditions inside the Ghost Ship Warehouse where they were living.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Building-of-fatal-fire-was-known-as-The-10689319.php

Sad for all.......but....I didn't see any "art".

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/33862150/site-of-deadly-oakland-warehouse-fire-an-artist-space-maze

Former residents said it was also a death trap with few exits, a rickety makeshift staircase, piles of driftwood and a labyrinth of electrical cords.

The ground floor had five recreational vehicles and other nooks used as living spaces that were rented out to tenants, while the upstairs had space for concerts like the deadly party that drew up to 100 people Friday night.

With few lights, the place could be pitch black. One staircase led to a boarded up door. The water and electricity were stolen from neighbors and often didn't work.

A website for the warehouse showed pictures of a Bohemian, loft-like interior made of wood and cluttered with rugs, old sofas and a garage-sale like collection of pianos, paintings, turntables, statues and other items.

I was hoping to run across a photo of the makeshift stairway to the second floor but no luck yet. I've read as many articles as possible but still am unable to visualize a staircase constructed of pallets.....can someone help me out here? Did they stack pallet on pallet on pallet to add height? It just seems like it would be incredibly unstable however you arranged them. I've also read where pegs were added to the makeshift steps and I can only imagine what a safety/tripping issue that would cause under good conditions - throw in fire and darkness and it would be incredibly dangerous I would think.

This awful occurrence absolutely terrifies me. It's a good reminder, as stated before, to always make a mental note of available exits when entering any location.

Gitana, my heart goes out to you. I don't know what else to say here as it's such an awful situation - I wish we could help from afar.

Police haven't but Gitana PM'ed me. She's in Oakland and I assume at the Sheriff's Office. They are going to put the families up in hotels for the night.

:praying:

I was hoping to run across a photo of the makeshift stairway to the second floor but no luck yet. I've read as many articles as possible but still am unable to visualize a staircase constructed of pallets.....can someone help me out here? Did they stack pallet on pallet on pallet to add height? It just seems like it would be incredibly unstable however you arranged them. I've also read where pegs were added to the makeshift steps and I can only imagine what a safety/tripping issue that would cause under good conditions - throw in fire and darkness and it would be incredibly dangerous I would think...

I've been looking for photos or floor plans of the warehouse, too. Will post what I find.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/03/graphic-inside-the-oakland-warehouse/

Next press conference scheduled for 8:00AM Pacific (11:00 Eastern).

The Sata Yuga Group website.

http://symbiosisgathering.com/satya-yuga/

"SATYA YUGA once again spins the riddle trick of twisted wood and bone. The living offering of our sacred seat. new fusions of unprecedented beauty. Shadowed and familiar ….. Our Ghost Ship… In this time. crashed upon the shore of Babylon. Resurrected as a tattered temple tethered to impossible promises and broken truths … An invitation to seduce .
wandering lovers and desperate characters…
Come sit with us. Sip Chai with us . As honored guests… And friends..
To witness our fantastic and tender existence."

I looked for the Sata Yuga Group "translate to English " but found none!

I know now why he talks the way he does!

For me, after seeing the odd facebook post he left and then just nothing. If I had posted something like that I would have gone back and deleted it, or posted something more appropriate. Not sure why Derick just doesn't delete or change the settings on his facebook account. It is almost like he posted that last bit and then either ran or .......something. Strikes me as a weird thing.

I thought the same thing as it relates to "delete", or I expected FB to close it down.

neither happened which made it all worse moo

I might of missed this
Do they know where and what caused the fire?
Smoking?'
Did they serve drinks? food?
$5 cover charge
From photos inside everything looks like everything looks very flammable..............allot of old wood

FOX NEWS is carrying the press conference also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody