CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only heard bits and pieces , dont do FB can someone give us an overall deal with this kidnapped kids deal etc TIA

Iirc, he called CPS, and his family, having the children removed from him and their mom, kidnapping.

During the presser they had split screen and I was listening but watching the big equipment. When watching the one that was knocking the wall in, I thought why not tap it outward - then nothing would fall on the debris insdie?

And the little green ones, I thought yea, that must be hard for the folks that live there to see your "stuff" blackened, and scooped up and tossed in a dumpster

They told us the rationale today and I can't remember why. Too much else to focus on. Perhaps when Gitana is back posting she will remember.

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation-world/the-latest-official-refrigerator-potential-source-of-fire

Gosh maybe a refrigerator

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on a deadly fire in an Oakland warehouse (all times local):
3:45 p.m.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says it is looking at the possibility that a refrigerator or other appliance was the source of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people.
Jill Snyder, the special agent in charge of the ATF's San Francisco office, said it's too early to say for sure a refrigerator caused the blaze, but she said it was a potential source of ignition. Snyder said investigators are looking at anything electrical on the first floor of the warehouse near where the fire started.

Oh boy...

According to Alameda County Sheriff Greg Ahern, evidence at the scene of the deadly warehouse fire suggests the source of the fire may have been a refrigerator. One of the people who escaped the fire told authorities there were flames coming from the refrigerator. "On that back wall, there's a significant 45 degree angle burn," said Sheriff Ahern, which could indicate it was the source of the fire.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/221889635-story

His first mugshot his eyes look scarey! What is he doing in the one video where his hair is longer.....flying on a fan? and he yells goofy stuff.........IMOO I believe DIA has mental problems big time!

I think he was just spinning around in that one, but he sure seemed to be on some type of drugs!

I am confused, - basically, have they found everyone who was beleived to be "missing"? It does not feel like we have heard "stories " like intially thought missing but...............

Warning! Sad and mildly graphic.

More from http://www.ktvu.com/news/221889635-story

According to Sheriff Ahern, two victims were found who appeared to be hugging when they died. It appeared the male was trying to shield the female from the flames. "For our people to see that, it was very emotional for them," said Sheriff Ahern. The pair was found on top of one of the RVs in the center of the building. He believed a floor collapsed, and the male and female, along with another person, landed on top of the RV.

Add me to the list, after the today show - so want to know what went on in his childhood.

Gotta be intense stuff

I kinda wonder if he changed his name (maybe not legally but just in "life")

He went by Derick Ion, which is unusual. Ions are found in atoms. Didn't go by Almena.

From the article, there were many small fires there on top of sanitation issues. This whole warehouse was a disaster awaiting to happen.

This one giant Charlie Foxtrot or CF!

I suspected there may have been small fires or smoldering wires, prior to this, after the interview with the two women who got out of there that night. She was talking about the having fire extinguishers all around but they just weren't capable of putting out a fire of that size. (loosely quoted)

I apologize for not being able to provide a link, but I've somehow gotten the impression Ion is his middle name? Not like, Derick "Ion" Almena like a nickname, but Derick Ion Almena. No link though so take it for whatever you would like :)

I suspected there may have been small fires or smoldering wires, prior to this, after the interview with the two women who got out of there that night. She was talking about the having fire extinguishers all around but they just weren't capable of putting out a fire of that size. (loosely quoted)

I am surprised that they did not trigger a larger fire before. The warehouse is a death trap.

Neesaki described Justin Ross Harris as this, but I think it fits Derick to a tee too: His sole focus is on his own self centered needs. He's so shallow and self serving to the very end. Nothing is more important than his own desires. And his narcissism forbids him to be humbled, or ashamed of his conniving, devious act of (greed/negligence). Yet he's so arrogant that he's beyond naive... just like Arias. To the point that he actually believed he was smarter than everyone else to the point that he could pull it off.

That place had small fires in the past from that Daily Mail article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ditions-inside-Oakland-warehouse-36-died.html

OMG! That video!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-started-killed-36.html#v-8671909263932833742

That's the reality of that warehouse, not like those pretty pictures on the web site. It's hard to believe people were living in that place - and that children were living there. Another reason to put Derick Ion and his wife in jail. :mad:

That'd be like trying to use a garden hose to put out that conflagration!

I apologize for not being able to provide a link, but I've somehow gotten the impression Ion is his middle name? Not like, Derick "Ion" Almena like a nickname, but Derick Ion Almena. No link though so take it for whatever you would like :)

I just ran a quick look up and it states he was born in 1970, in L.A., as [FONT=&quot]Derick[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Almena. I guess it is his given name.[/FONT]

Some new pictures

Nick Walrath, 31, sent a final text message to his girlfriend Alexis Abrams-Bourke on Friday night telling her that he loved her as flames raced through a converted Oakland warehouse. Walrath was among the 36 killed in the blaze that destroyed the 10,000 square foot artists' enclave. Walrath's girlfriend sobbed as she described the MIT graduate lawyer as a wonderful person who was open and vulnerable and goofy and generous. 'I feel like my future has been ripped from me,' Abrams-Bourke said.

3B169B5B00000578-0-image-a-67_1481001087669.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4008120/Oakland-warehouse-fire-victim-Nick-Walrath-sent-text-girlfriend-saying-loved-her.html

3B1F820900000578-4008120-image-m-49_1481083284304.jpg

I respectfully disagree. When I was younger I never really thought about checking such things. However, as I got older, and especially as we began having more mass shootings, I do a cursory check of my surroundings when I go into any facility now. Be it a restaurant, motel, concert arena, or movie theater. I'm not all that paranoid, but I figure I'm one step ahead if I already know which direction to go should I need to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it may save your life. I agree, all of those things should be 100% up to code, but, the fact is, that humans are fallible and screw up, therefore, I do a quick glance.

Edit: Again, I'm not laying blame to those living there or there for the concert, at their ages, I'd never thought it would happen either, but if anything can be learned from this, it would be to check your surroundings when you go somewhere. It may save your life.
Sure. Individuals can do a lot to look out for themselves. I personally am a very paranoid and anxious person and check all that stuff myself. However, patrons hold no *blame* or legal responsibility, and should never feel guilt if something goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Only heard bits and pieces , dont do FB can someone give us an overall deal with this kidnapped kids deal etc TIA

From memory when his page was still up. I read as much as possible. Please give me a medal for enduring his crazy writing!!

Apparently, people who were concerned about the kids formed a secret FB group to try to figure out what to do. Mariah's mother and sister came to visit and got permission to take them to a hotel for bathing, etc. Instead they drove to LA with them, which technically was kidnapping I guess. I'm not sure if CPS got involved before or after this, but they were not allowed to have the kids back. They could visit. They took parenting and other classes. DA found out about the secret group and ranted about his friends who had turned against him to get his kids removed, and against Micah's family. He basically threw himself a pity party. Some friends sympathized and some called him out. Nothing was his fault and he showed no concern for how his kids must be feeling. It was over a year and I guess he pulled himself together enough to get the kids back last June.

He went by Derick Ion, which is unusual. Ions are found in atoms. Didn't go by Almena.
Ion is a real name. It is quite common in Romania and also Greece.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member