DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New images goggle

GettyImages-627450144.jpg

Where is DIA from? a native Oakland CA?
I'd like to try to find out more about his life.
Did he graduate from an art academy?
Was he always a nomad, commune type person?
If he, his wife and children lived there, did they smell? No showers?
His father in law must really know him to call him out with the Manson/Hitler dangerous man comment.
Has DIA ever worked a real job?
So much to learn about him. and Mrs.
Married how many years?
BBM

The "son of Manson, Pol Pot, Hitler" comment was actually quoting how DA described himself. That tells us a lot about where his mind was. I'm sure his FIL agreed though.

How come I cant seem to come up 35 names?

Cause when I accidently saw a list of missing (still) I thought good Jen maybe ok , but then I noticed it was dated a couple of days ago.

But it still seems today there would be a list with 35 people on it

I am surprised that they did not trigger a larger fire before. The warehouse is a death trap.

There was an arson event in 2014 - linked earlier

Interior video pretty intense. Glad I ate my Lunesta already, But then I try to tell myself that or the streets.

BUT as I was watching longer I thought maybe the streets

Then I thought that's easy for you to say sitting here.

But to be honest, I am really not sure, the darkness would send me over the edge.

Have almost killed myself tripping over ladies toys - I pondered if walking wise, the street , would be better, but then again

on all domains a sad story and an indictment , frankly, on our nation.

From memory when his page was still up. I read as much as possible. Please give me a medal for enduring his crazy writing!!

Apparently, people who were concerned about the kids formed a secret FB group to try to figure out what to do. Mariah's mother and sister came to visit and got permission to take them to a hotel for bathing, etc. Instead they drove to LA with them, which technically was kidnapping I guess. I'm not sure if CPS got involved before or after this, but they were not allowed to have the kids back. They could visit. They took parenting and other classes. DA found out about the secret group and ranted about his friends who had turned against him to get his kids removed, and against Micah's family. He basically threw himself a pity party. Some friends sympathized and some called him out. Nothing was his fault and he showed no concern for how his kids must be feeling. It was over a year and I guess he pulled himself together enough to get the kids back last June.

TY and that explains why there ended up being two CPS agencies involved in the case (linked earlier)>

I think the two agencies are going to come to limelight regarding what transpired in transferring the case about (whatever that was)moo

In 1990-93 Ion lived around L.A.
In 1998 he got married (not to current s/o) in a religious ceremony in NV. Not seeing a divorce but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.
I don't see a marriage record for Ion and Micah.

In 1990-93 Ion lived around L.A.
In 1998 he got married (not to current s/o) in a religious ceremony in NV. Not seeing a divorce but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.
I don't see a marriage record for Ion and Micah.

Awesome work!! TY It can of us things to check out with locations etc

Sure. Individuals can do a lot to look out for themselves. I personally am a very paranoid and anxious person and check all that stuff myself. However, patrons hold no *blame* or legal responsibility, and should never feel guilt if something goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

bbm
Agree. I just don't like to put my life decisions in anyone else's hands (if I can help it at all). Trust issues I suppose. :thinking:

Awesome work!! TY It can of us things to check out with locations etc

I've got specific addresses but not sure about TOS re; posting. I didn't want to post his former s/o's name. I figured she didn't need that.

BBM

The "son of Manson, Pol Pot, Hitler" comment was actually quoting how DA described himself. That tells us a lot about where his mind was. I'm sure his FIL agreed though.

Was he describing himself as he thought his fil saw him? I think some of the folks that stayed there probably did see him as kind of guru of sorts and others just stayed there long enough to find better digs, you know, kind of like, any port in a storm. . .

The bathroom! How could it possibly be worse than I'd imagined?!?! Gah!

Around 2:12 the person goes down the pallet stairway - I think. As they reach the bottom you see the No Smoking sign which is by the area with the toaster oven and fire extinguisher (pic posted by CoreyRocks in the last thread). Is this possibly where the fridge was? It's hard to tell since parts of the video are dark and there's no option to pause or slow it down like you can on YouTube. Around 2:55 you catch a glimpse of what might be a fridge. I dunno.

From the video it's clear that the condition of the warehouse was way worse than the pics on the web site. Now I understand what the former residents were talking about.

I'm curious about where the DJ plugged in his equipment in relation to the fridge and burnt wall area. If he plugged stuff in on the same circuit it's likely the overload caused the cords to overheat. Sigh. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Sending good thoughts to Gitana and her brother. :loveyou:

Some new pictures

Nick Walrath, 31, sent a final text message to his girlfriend Alexis Abrams-Bourke on Friday night telling her that he loved her as flames raced through a converted Oakland warehouse. Walrath was among the 36 killed in the blaze that destroyed the 10,000 square foot artists' enclave. Walrath's girlfriend sobbed as she described the MIT graduate lawyer as a wonderful person who was open and vulnerable and goofy and generous. 'I feel like my future has been ripped from me,' Abrams-Bourke said.

3B169B5B00000578-0-image-a-67_1481001087669.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4008120/Oakland-warehouse-fire-victim-Nick-Walrath-sent-text-girlfriend-saying-loved-her.html

3B1F820900000578-4008120-image-m-49_1481083284304.jpg

So sad. Between Oakland and Gatlinburg it's just been a pretty awful ending to 2016 thus far. :frown:

Birth record shows Derick I. Almena Born 14 April 1970 in Los Angeles, California, US

This from the FamilySearch site. Rather odd that the full middle name isn't recorded.

edit: oops...sorry...I see that rsd has already posted this info.

No doubt those pics at oaklandghostship.com where for advertisement purposes...probably the cleanest it ever was.

According to an early news article (no way can I find the link, I'm sorry) one of the tenants said another tenant had just installed a new refrigerator. It would have been in one of the downstairs "cubicles," We've just been going over the list on FB. From what I can see, the missing list is accurate. There is one unnamed minor and two adults whose families have confirmed their deaths that are not on the list. That should equal 36. But it's late and I've been looking at names for almost 4 days so I very well may be wrong.

No doubt those pics at oaklandghostship.com where for advertisement purposes...probably the cleanest it ever was.

The place was unique, and I'd probably have checked it out if it were open to the public, and I were out there, but the photos did not give off a warm or welcoming vibe to me. It gave off a feeling of anger (not the right word but close enough).

Was he describing himself as he thought his fil saw him? I think some of the folks that stayed there probably did see him as kind of guru of sorts and others just stayed there long enough to find better digs, you know, kind of like, any port in a storm. . .
BBM

I got the impression he was describing himself as HE saw himself..."son of Hitler, Pol Pot, Manson" It was part of one of his stream of consciousness rambles. He may have been saying that in an ironic way, but he seems really drawn to darkness IMO. Yes, I do think he was seen as a guru by some, initially anyway. He and wife MA presented themselves as very enlightened, and lots of people buy into that "deep" stuff because it makes them feel they are on a higher plane than average people. I don't mean to insult anyone's beliefs, but I've been exposed to a lot of it in my community and I dabbled in stuff like that eons ago. I do sense that his wife is more sincere, but easily led.
All JMO

BBM

I got the impression he was describing himself as HE saw himself..."son of Hitler, Pol Pot, Manson" It was part of one of his stream of consciousness rambles. He may have been saying that in an ironic way, but he seems really drawn to darkness IMO. Yes, I do think he was seen as a guru by some, initially anyway. He and wife MA presented themselves as very enlightened, and lots of people buy into that "deep" stuff because it makes them feel they are on a higher plane than average people. I don't mean to insult anyone's beliefs, but I've been exposed to a lot of it in my community and I dabbled in stuff like that eons ago. I do sense that his wife is more sincere, but easily led.
All JMO

bbm
From the one video I saw of him talking to another fella, that's the feeling I got from him. That he presented himself as "enlightened", and wise, etc... or thought he was, or could fool folks that he was. Darkness was the word that I was searching for when I was trying to describe the Ghostship. Very dark, seemed it would be depressing if I had to spend much time there.

Was rent only 5k a month for that warehouse?

And didn't 20 people live there at $500 to $1000 a month a piece?

So was DA profiting 5k a month?

Was rent only 5k a month for that warehouse?

And didn't 20 people live there at $500 to $1000 a month a piece?

So was DA profiting 5k a month?

Yes, I believe so - and that reminds me of what Micah stated during an interview yesterday, that they had made all the repairs they could afford to do (paraphrased). That sentence really annoyed me and I meant to comment on it earlier. There was extra $$ for extracurricular activities though, from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay