CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so are we saying their local news did not take the presser???

Q and A
Asking Fire Chief about inspection records. Chief says has checked all systems even old ones. Looked at calls for service.

No records of firefighters ever having information of what was going on in GS

Checked files for complaints - nothing found.

Still talking about complaints and service calls - which were none. They responded once to vacant lot next door, not connected to GS.

l Total BS. Way to hot a political hot potato. gonna let it be undetermined. Keep everything muddled and let the the next the decade of legal dancing occur.

They are focusing on bs political cr#p - they know the media is going, nothing meaningful, except for the media going away is gonna happen

They do not have the staff/money to start to inspect the 4000 that have not have not be done

They need to focus on restaurants with possible food personing. I bet that is where there real resources are going.

It will fade except for people thinking they are suing all these entities, and get some money.

If the city chooses, for PR to pay, good headlines, they will hire attorneys, drag it through mud , and at the end of the decade they pais one tenth of the judgment.

People die, they cant, if dead collect anything

Ntsb finds causes But they are totally immune to any political cra#..

its a game.

Chief says she saw a few fire extinguishers during her walkthrough of GS.

1313 - Auto Body shop next door was inspected earlier this year. They determined that the shop was closed.

And... it's a wrap. What a waste of my morning.

truth! stuck here, shared custody :/

OT, but you could come to Oregon. You don't even need Section 8 here. There is plenty of subsidized public housing available. I was on the the wait list for three days before I got mine. If I had stayed in California I would have been homeless for at least one year, before I could have gotten anything.

I realized that , after post here.

o/t

I realized years ago this cr#p ain't my thing

If Sally started at Richaman at 932, at drove 84 miles, when would she meet Henry who left at 1048 at 38 miles an hour.

I just did not care, it seemed so moronic to me!!! Who gives a heck??

I could care less when Henry and Sally met- I do not know them - why are we doing this dumb stuff?

Wait.........what??

l Total BS. Way to hot a political hot potato. gonna let it be undetermined. Keep everything muddled and let the the next the decade of legal dancing occur.

They are focusing on bs political cr#p - they know the media is going, nothing meaningful, except for the media going away is gonna happen

They do not have the staff/money to start to inspect the 4000 that have not have not be done

They need to focus on restaurants with possible food personing. I bet that is where there real resources are going.

It will fade except for people thinking they are suing all these entities, and get some money.

If the city chooses, for PR to pay, good headlines, they will hire attorneys, drag it through mud , and at the end of the decade they pais one tenth of the judgment.

People die, they cant, if dead collect anything

Ntsb finds causes But they are totally immune to any political cra#..

its a game.

First Post but I agree. CYA from the city. It is a game.

The attacks on these fire victims and their families really struck a nerve with me. I have been on social media almost since it happened flagging their hurtful comments and reporting them and their accounts. Makes me wonder what is wrong with people. There were several of us fighting the trolls and we managed to get a lot of their garbage removed from the various pages.

Thank you for doing that. Gitana and her brother don't deserve this. They are grieving the loss of someone who was their family for 8 years. It appears to be instigated by "friends" who are trying to control the memory of Jen to their ideal and not what reality was. They aren't acknowledging that she was survived by her husband.

First Post but I agree. CYA from the city. It is a game.

Yep, finger-pointing and CYA has begun:

The disastrous Ghost Ship fire has intensified long-simmering tensions between Oakland Fire Chief Teresa Deloach Reed and the city’s firefighters union, which for years has been lobbying behind the scenes to get her fired.

At the same time, however, African American community leaders are coming to the chief’s defense, complaining that Mayor Libby Schaaf’s administration may be setting her up to take the blame for the deadly fire.
Having thrown the chief under the fire truck, union leaders are declining to say anything further, telling us they want to give Schaaf time to consider the situation.

From the sound of things, however, the mayor doesn’t think there’s much to ponder.

“The union may think this is the right track, but we don’t,” said Schaaf’s spokeswoman, Erica Terry Derryck. “This is not the time for divisiveness.”

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...exposes-war-between-Oakland-fire-10787400.php

Also interesting is during the PC the fire chief explained the difference between different designations, like industrial, commercial, warehouse, etc. Which led to this msm article:

OAKLAND FIRE CHIEF SAYS GHOST SHIP WAREHOUSE DID NOT REQUIRE INSPECTION

"We have no record of any complaints being referred to the fire department," said Chief Deloach Reed.

The chief also said there was not even a call for service to the Ghost Ship warehouse going back to 2004. The chief says the Ghost Ship warehouse was not considered an "active business" that required inspection.

http://abc7news.com/news/fire-chief-ghost-ship-warehouse-did-not-require-inspection/1653972/

It won't make one iota of difference when the lawsuits start rolling; anyone even remotely connected to the GS and/or in authority is going to be named.

A retired judge from Sacramento once told me that government officials never admit they screwed up and then go on to correct the problem; instead they deny and deny and end up creating new problems without fixing what went wrong in the first place. I don't know how true that is but it's sure starting to sound like that may happen in this case.

Thank you for doing that. Gitana and her brother don't deserve this. They are grieving the loss of someone who was their family for 8 years. It appears to be instigated by "friends" who are trying to control the memory of Jen to their ideal and not what reality was. They aren't acknowledging that she was survived by her husband.

LinasK, please tell Gitana that none of us here gives a rat's :behind: about SM drama - all that really matters is that she lost someone close to her and from what I've heard about Jen she was an amazing woman whose loss will be felt by the many people she worked so hard to help and protect.

And that we send love and hugs.

LinasK, please tell Gitana that none of us here gives a rat's :behind: about SM drama - all that really matters is that she lost someone close to her and from what I've heard about Jen she was an amazing woman whose loss will be felt by the many people she worked so hard to help and protect.

Will do!

Q and A
Asking Fire Chief about inspection records. Chief says has checked all systems even old ones. Looked at calls for service.

No records of firefighters ever having information of what was going on in GS

Checked files for complaints - nothing found.

There is not enough money and staff. There are tons of buildings. They have to go to problems. If people want better services, they have to pay for them. People want Cadillacs on Yugo budgets.

If the laws are written such that a building lke the warehouse did not need to be inspected, that is the way it is. No law, nothing to be done.

That is why law books or so thick. There is always a new wrinkle not thought of or someone finding a loophole that has to be closed.

I have felt hurt for the husband .... he obviously wanted things to work out in the marriage and they were in counseling. I don't even know if he knew she had moved in with someone else the day before, or if that is even true. But it makes no difference' we have a grieving husband that deserves our support and compassion.

Absolutely! My best to Gitana and her brother/family. They lost someone they cared very deeply about and we care so much for our Gitana. My loyalty lies with them.
:grouphug:

I have felt hurt for the husband .... he obviously wanted things to work out in the marriage and they were in counseling. I don't even know if he knew she had moved in with someone else the day before, or if that is even true. But it makes no difference' we have a grieving husband that deserves our support and compassion.
<snipped for focus>
:grouphug:

Absolutely. Compassion and support for her husband is appropriate. Anyone who loves Jennifer should understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB