CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

DA himself admitted in the Today Show interview that he and his family usually slept at the warehouse, so apparently they still lived there. Whether that was in violation of the conditions for their return, we don't know...yet.

You could be right about suicide. But the anger expressed on FB and toward Lauer also causes me concern that he will cause harm to anyone he blames for destroying his self image.

What I'm concerned about is that he will simply disappear. The guy could leave his kids for days (weeks, months?) at a time - he's used to just up and leaving when he feels like it without taking responsibility for what he leaves behind. He's creative, he likes to live outside of rules....I think he has it in him to slip away. He might even find helpers to assist him. I really hope LE is indeed keeping tabs on him.

jmopinion

Cariis, thank you for the linked article regarding "the narcissists dilemma". It helped me to understand a few of my relatives that perplex, and sometimes anger, me. I have saved it for future reference.

Boy has this been a ride huh. I am stuck with Jen. Yesterday I started to see posts that were "confirmatory".

I was like no, we can not do that yet. Then more. Then it took me back to MAL370, and remembering thinking ( I am not a callous person) 3 months later lots of family members still saying we don't know and thinking god denial is potent.

Yesterday I thought Git and Jens family are obviously educated. How brave for them to move into reality. That's education based.

What exactly is going on on my end. For some reason as names have been released I hold my breath and feel relief, so we do not know what happened yet.

For some reason here I need to hear and see it "reported"

That befuddles me more tho. I am somewhat knowledgeable (aviation disaster ) about the complexities of needing more ID stuff.

And then it takes it into another orbit. What we as caring people have felt as it relates to this being closer to us here at ws, it makes it more incoprehsable what they are going through.

I think it is also complicated , in that you all, with me here , with Pulse, was profoundly helpful. It did .

So I guess,- since I seem to be internally,not catching up here, an overt question must be asked- is she deceased?

Cariis, thank you for the linked article regarding "the narcissists dilemma". It helped me to understand a few of my relatives that perplex, and sometimes anger, me. I have saved it for future reference.

Same here. I found it helpful in dealing with a certain someone in my life.

Cariis is always great to have on a case.

I hope there is a law that will keep him from selling any of the Artists work or making money off of this somehow

And then it takes it into another orbit. What we as caring people have felt as it relates to this being closer to us here at ws, it makes it more incoprehsable what they are going through.

yes, Cariis, this is exactly how I, and all of us, have been thinking. Thank you for the most appropriate words. And it hurts to know their pain is even deeper than ours..... :tears:

Dec 6 2016, 8:20 am ET

What Is the Ghost Ship Collective? Oakland Warehouse in Deadly Fire Held Beauty, Danger

by Jon Schuppe and Miguel Almaguer

To many who lived, made art and partied at the Oakland warehouse known as the Ghost Ship, the building was a temple, a labyrinth of makeshift studios and apartments that fueled round-the-clock creativity in a city where artists felt squeezed by rising rents.

But the jury-rig spirit that made the place thrilling — scavenged music instruments and car parts, exotic lighting, ornate rugs and tapestries — also made it frightening, according to people who spent time in the building...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-oakland-warehouse-where-dozens-died-n692161

As pictures were emerging in the beginning it was like ugh. But then ,(you gotta remember 35 years ago gay places were not exactly on main street in many cities) I had been in some off the beaten path buildings and places to be who I am.

But as more pictures kept coming it was like, no (and hey it had happened in my life) oh I would feel scared in their, it would be too dark, depressing, smell like dust. Stale. i would leave.

Then the steps came out. No way on earth would I want to end up a paraplegic crawling up and down like rock climbing to go the bathroom.

That in and of itself would make me say get out the gay tourist guide and go elsewhere.

It just looks dangerous. There was an awesome gay club here years ago that was a conversion from the warehouse it was amazing. The disco cause of the high ceiling was indescribable.

But this place just would have scared me --even in daylight -- and would have nothing to do with fire.

Even if it was just playing "tourist" I really do not think (my imagined smell of the place) I could have stayed long.

However , in his interview , I did get an alternative view of what the place was to some . Whatever floats your boat.

Can donate at youcaring.com, search for Oakland Fire or Victims of the Oakland Fire. Asking for all donations to go through this way, financially and other donations.

BC (left corner) and a small section in the back remain to be shored up and searched.

One person remains unidentified. One corner is very unstable, they are taking their time to brace it.

I missed this mornings presser does anyone have a link to it I want to hear from them TIA

I thought it was correct for Matt to end it - by that point I got to this is just a malignant narcissist he is not going to be capable of going out of his loop, and clinically , honestly, he is never gonna be able to "see" the entire picture, IMO never - it is not in his reach.

What I do find interesting , and more indicative of degree of psychopathology, is , as far as we know, he has not lawyered up this far in.

IMO that is hugely important as it relates to his degree of impairment

IMO we need to move (that is why I posted it) past he will not and cannot get this.

After he lawyers up , his public persona I would guess will move toward what we would expect , but he is incapable emotionally to move to responsibility

In only, and believe me it was LONG duration, to assist a narcissist to grasp what thier disorder.

Make sense - you spend much initial time listening to them explain to you all the reasons they do not NEED to be with you -- it's all part of the pathology.

I hope we learn his childhood - to end up this protected internally, (no I am not condoning) but understandably I view some of these things from a different lens- part of the job.

The lens are not removable.

I guess it will be safe to go to clubs/parties without checking exits till 2029!

Repeat pattern every 13 years.

1977 Beverly Hills Supper Club [KY] [165 dead]
1990 Happy Land [NY] [87]
2003 Station Nightclub [RI] [100]
2016 Ghost Ship Filth [CA] [36]

[video=youtube;xY59mR44TLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY59mR44TLs[/video]

I was shocked to watch this. It took 60 seconds for the whole building to get filled with smoke (hydrogen cyanide). Report says 3 inhalations causes loss of consciousness and internal suffocation!

0:55 Some small fire at the background behind the stage. Everything looks in order, people look composed.
1:25 Smoke blows over panicking people on the doorway ~ 50 yards away from starting point of fire

I can't believe how quickly this escalated.

Wow! It took just 30 seconds from the time people realized what happened to the time they were covered in toxic fumes.

30 seconds.... 30! I guess while I was trying to register what is going on, I'd already be gone.

Such an eye opener. I never looked at fire from this perspective before.

Let me check my smoke & fire alarms!

That whole thing is just a blatent lie! We certainly better find out, no matter which agency dropped the ball in returning the kids their - one of the conditions I would hope is that they never be allowed back there.

He is not gonna say my kids are at the hotel (and have been wherever since returned) because where I had them live had drugs condoms sex feces nails no water etc .

I think he is surprised at how much of his dirty laundry is going to be aired in the next half a year.

And hey that is the beauty of this place - agree to disagree , I think suicide is def possibility - he cant handle walking down the street and in a blazing headline dashing his completely skewed vision of himslef,

I don't see suicide. He thinks to highly of himself. I do see flight risk though.

I guess it will be safe to go to clubs/parties without checking exits till 2029!

I was shocked to watch this. It took 60 seconds for the whole building to get filled with smoke (hydrogen cyanide). Report says 3 inhalations causes loss of consciousness and internal suffocation!

0:55 Some small fire at the background behind the stage. Everything looks in order, people look composed.
1:25 Smoke blows over panicking people on the doorway ~ 50 yards away from starting point of fire

I found myself watching that the other day, then went on to start watching a documentary about it that talked to some of the survivors, it was pretty graphic and generally I can detach myself enough but I had to turn it off as it was so terrifying it scared the cr*p out of me.

So fast, the horror... unimaginable

IMO so so so key

"I am not going to answer these ridiculous questions" - it says it all - they are ridiculous to HIM. Just they way it is .

Can anyone give me a reason, in general for putting mesh on windows?

Wow! It took just 30 seconds from the time people realized what happened to the time they were covered in toxic fumes.

30 seconds.... 30! I guess while I was trying to register what is going on, I'd already be gone.

We all should do that.

(Though, I know my smoke alarm works....I call it my dinner bell. When it goes off, you know I'm just about done cooking. :) )

Haven't seen this video in a long time, it still brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the terror...

It may be worth pointing out that hydrogen cyanide is the gas used in California's gas chamber.

We all should do that.

(Though, I know my smoke alarm works....I call it my dinner bell. When it goes off, you know I'm just about done cooking. :) )

Mine are connected to the security center of the building. When one goes off, security is on the door in a minute.

However, I removed the buzzer in one of them (I have 4), because my vaping trips it. That is for smoke though, heat would activate sprinklers.

After watching this, I am gonna put the buzzer back. I do not want to wait for someone to knock my door after a minute. I want to gtfo of the there even before that!

I remember the Beverly Hills Supper Club. I don't think they ever really found out, for sure, what caused that fire. Some said faulty wiring in the renovations, others claim it was "suspicious". There were 3,000 people in there at the time of the fire. It was a place for the fairly wealthy (and gangster types hung out there too). At that time, sprinkler systems were not mandatory for buildings "grandfathered" in under some kind of code. Their exits were not wide enough either. They said that people had rushed the exits and were stacked like cord wood, the dead, dying, and living, all against one of the exits. It was horrible. "The Station" was caused by setting of pyrotechnics, inside the club, during a concert. ?? The manager and club owner got a few years jail time. You'd think we'd learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298