GUILTY CA - Matthew Muller for kidnap, rape of 30yo woman, Vallejo, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Dateline now!

Thank you! Here's the link: http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline

When DH reappeared just two days after her boyfriend, Aaron Quinn, reported she was abducted from their Vallejo, California home, police accused the couple of perpetrating a hoax. But another, similar crime caused authorities to reexamine the case, and led to the unlikeliest of suspects.

They are also looking into similar cases in the area of women zip tied with blacked out swim goggles. Scary! So glad they caught him.

Some things in this article I had not heard before.
Wow. The cops couldn't have screwed this up worse if they had TRIED. :furious:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ops-interrogated-beau-claim-article-1.2365962

Meanwhile, Quinn was forced to wear prison pants emblazoned with "Solano Prison," a dirty shirt and no underwear as police interrogated him and took his clothes, the claim said. Quinn felt he wasn't allowed to leave the room, which was locked, and he was prevented from speaking with his family or attorneys while an officer threatened to make him look like a "cold, calculated monster," according to the claim.

----------------------------

Although Quinn told police the kidnapper had said he would call and email with updates, police turned his phone on airplane mode as they interrogated him over 18 hours, missing at least two calls, the claim said. This meant police missed an opportunity to trace the calls to a kidnapper, Wagstaffe said.

-----------------------

When H asked for a rape kit, authorities told her "keep your clothes on" and did not take her seriously, the claim alleged.

After Hs' mom told police her daughter had been molested at the age of 12, Detective Matthew Mustard said it made sense that H would make up a kidnapping because sexual assault victims try to get attention, the claim said.

Some things in this article I had not heard before.
Wow. The cops couldn't have screwed this up worse if they had TRIED. :furious:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ops-interrogated-beau-claim-article-1.2365962

Meanwhile, Quinn was forced to wear prison pants emblazoned with "Solano Prison," a dirty shirt and no underwear as police interrogated him and took his clothes, the claim said. Quinn felt he wasn't allowed to leave the room, which was locked, and he was prevented from speaking with his family or attorneys while an officer threatened to make him look like a "cold, calculated monster," according to the claim.

----------------------------

Although Quinn told police the kidnapper had said he would call and email with updates, police turned his phone on airplane mode as they interrogated him over 18 hours, missing at least two calls, the claim said. This meant police missed an opportunity to trace the calls to a kidnapper, Wagstaffe said.

-----------------------

When H asked for a rape kit, authorities told her "keep your clothes on" and did not take her seriously, the claim alleged.

After Hs' mom told police her daughter had been molested at the age of 12, Detective Matthew Mustard said it made sense that H would make up a kidnapping because sexual assault victims try to get attention, the claim said.

OMG!!! This makes me so mad at Vallejo PD, especially that last line about sexual assault victims try to get attention. I dare him to be attacked sexually and then make that statement!!!:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Thank you! Here's the link: http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline

When DH reappeared just two days after her boyfriend, Aaron Quinn, reported she was abducted from their Vallejo, California home, police accused the couple of perpetrating a hoax. But another, similar crime caused authorities to reexamine the case, and led to the unlikeliest of suspects.

What was the title of this episode? Cause I can't find it on their site and apparently my DVR didn't record it. I did see the 20/20 episode on him.

OMG!!! This makes me so mad at Vallejo PD, especially that last line about sexual assault victims try to get attention. I dare him to be attacked sexually and then make that statement!!!:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Sure sounds like police were completely off on their theory of the crime from the very start. First they decided that boyfriend killed her, then they decided that she and her boyfriend were playing a hoax.
Pretty ridiculous. Did they even try to trace the phone calls the perp was making to the boyfriend? Lawsuit says phone calls were missed because phone was put into airplane mode.
That's really bad police work. Sure looks like police had tunnel vision that victims were responsible and didn't investigate it as an actual crime which it was.

What was the title of this episode? Cause I can't find it on their site and apparently my DVR didn't record it. I did see the 20/20 episode on him.

It's dated October 9, 2015. I did not see an episode title in On Demand.
But it is also the episode with some of the women who claimed the were sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby. I almost stopped it, because that was the opening of the show, thinking I got the wrong one, but it was just the header.

It's dated October 9, 2015. I did not see an episode title in On Demand.
But it is also the episode with some of the women who claimed the were sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby. I almost stopped it, because that was the opening of the show, thinking I got the wrong one, but it was just the header.
Don't see it listed yet, and my DVR didn't record it for some reason...

It's finally up on NBC's website in 8 parts. I'm up to part 5 so far, but it's freezing up. Interesting for me to watch the different aspects than 20/20 had. For some reason, I lost the series recordings of the new Datelines, so I was only getting the reruns of Dateline on ID. I had to reset it today.

What a crazy thread this was. Wow.

No rape charges? Interesting.

I totally believe we have not heard everything in this twisted tale just yet. Looking forward to more of the real story to emerge. Until then, I'll shut it.

:)

As I recall DH's lawsuit alleges police lost the rape kit. So how are they going to charge him with rape if police lost physical evidence?

Posted:Mar 22 2016 02:59PM PDT
Updated:Mar 22 2016 03:02PM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO (KTVU) - A Vallejo couple who were targeted in a bizarre kidnap-for-ransom plot sued the City of Vallejo Tuesday.
The lawsuit claims officers branded Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn as kidnap hoaxsters.The pair is suing for violation of the 14th Amendment, defamation, false arrest and false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.The lawsuit accuses police of publicly smearing the two after Huskins survived an ordeal last March during which she was drugged, blindfolded and sexually assaulted. At the time, police said the couple had orchestrated their own abduction and has wasted valuable resources. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/111846344-story

AQ's attorney is livid, says his client isn't getting justice.

The case in federal court only charges a lone defendant Matthew Muller with a single count of kidnapping DH, carrying a sentence of 23 years.

“It’s a sweetheart deal,” AQ's lawyer said. His client was tied up and drugged in a Vallejo home invasion before his girlfriend DH was kidnapped, raped and held captive for days.

He believes the feds are seeking a plea deal so that details inside the problem investigation, including Vallejo police initially calling the case a hoax, aren’t made public in the federal trial.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...pping-case-worried-justice-isnt-being-served/

another article:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...n-2015-Vallejo-Kidnapping-Case-380201641.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back