CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that this female might be lying to cover up for another person?

Maybe it wasnt just the two of them partying that night?
Perhaps it was a few people or more?

Could they have gone to a party or gone somewhere others would be present in addition to this female alone?
Did she really even have to work that morning and was she ever really dropped back off at home?

Could she have just been attempting to create an alibi for herself?
Maybe she has a crazy boyfriend or ex and he got jealous and did something bad to Matthew?
I really hope not, but i do have serious concerns.
If Matthew drove his female friend home at 4:30am then where did he go until 7:15 am, (the time he is said to arrive at the outlook?) Thats a pretty long period of time between the two destinations.

Why hasnt this girl reached out to Matt's family to explain her side of what had happened?
If she is his friend then why hasnt she made herself available to assist with the various search efforts alongside Matthew's friends and loved ones? What kind of friend is she really? Maybe not a friend at all?

And as it concerns the confusing, final text messages that were sent from Matt's phone, maybe all that was staged and typed by someone else to throw everyone off? Maybe the confusing choice of words was intentional? It almost seems too jumbled not to be.

My impression is that she has reached out to his family.

Joeconejo had stated he heard or was told that the heat could have effected the trail scent. So MW could have walked or ran all the way back to the road, we only have confirmation that he was there.

I think this new girl "friend" needs to be looked at again. Possibly her residence looked at.

Has there been any solid proof that he was ever up there? Maybe the dog only traced the scent 100 yards because his car was there and not because he was. If someone had his phone they could have Snapchat or texted?
What about the hikers that reported they saw a man stuck in his car? Has that actually been confirmed or was this potentially wrong reporting by the Local?

Does anybody know where they partied? Did they party in the same location? The park opens at 6am officially if I see that right. A lot of hiking pages mention it is gated so as mentioned before it sounds like it is gated for a majority of the time and then the gate is open every once in a while, maybe with work vehicles going up there? Hiking pages seem to mention that the road is paved all the way to the tower? Do we know whether he has been there before? Maybe upon arrival the gate was open and the road looked paved so he figured he would drive the car up and see where to park up there?

I am wondering about the distressed message. The Dateline article mentions that he tried to call the female friend he partied with at 11:30. 19 minutes later she texts him back she is at work and asking what's up. 4 Minutes later he texts back the distressed sounding message. So if he was scared or in some bad situation at 11:30...wouldn't he have tried to call someone else or 911 in the 19 minutes that it takes her to reply? That doesn't seem right. Unless it is in regards to a situation that only she knows about or would understand maybe relating back to the partying earlier in the night?
@joeconejo Can you confirm that no other contacts were made with his phone between his phone call at 11:30 to the female friend and the message he received back from her 19 minutes later? Am I the only one that thinks this is strange? There is of course the possibility that this message wasn't actually sent by him but somebody else. It is worded legitimately distressed though which is confusing if there were no other contacts made with anybody else?

I can confirm no other messages or phone calls were made during that time.

My impression is that she has reached out to his family.
No, Im pretty sure shes only cooperated with the police as Brooke stated that she doesnt know this new female friend. Then again, I may be wrong, wouldnt be the first time.

Do we know if the female friend was really left at her house? Could she have followed him up there thinking he had money/valuables since he drives a BMW? I drive a Mercedes and people think I'm rich but I'm poor asf. Lol
Im definitely thinking that this girl played a bigger role than weve been led to believe.

I am unaware of that specific report- could you please link a source? Thank you.
Authorities Search for Missing Granada Hills Man Last Seen in Topanga Area of Santa Monica Mountains
Hikers said they saw a man who was stuck in the area in his vehicle and they alerted authorities. Weaver, however, was not found in the area after a search.

I was wondering whether this was just a misunderstanding in reporting (as in, the car was seen only) or whether there actually is a witness who has seen a man stuck in the car since that could potentially place him there if the witness could identify him.

Hello @ZumaGirl. Glad you are joining us.
My thoughts on The Local is that they report alot of opinion-based articles rather than fact-based ones.

I personally cant take anything CeCe has to say seriously. Thats just me. I find it difficult to follow her articles. They are long and confusing and mostly contain her personal take of what is in the media. IMO, she can, at times, upset and mislead her readers with her emotionally charged writings.

Im sure there have been many key copies made to supply groundkeepers, vendors and the city officials with. This is not surprising to me, its actually necessary. I work in property management and based on my experience when dealing with property access it is impossible to keep only one copy of a key when several parties are involved.

CeCe is all over the map and clearly uses The Local to air out her own personal vendettas. She makes outlandish statements with very little credible support to back it up. Pretty sure she enjoys getting everyones nerves rattled with her articles. I think she would be a great blogger, not a credible news reporter.

She did post an article recently about a local resident reporting to her that they had been intentionally shot at by an unknown assailant/sniper while hiking and when they called 911 they were informed that someone would call them back after taking their message instead of dispatching an officer to the scene. Doubtful that 911 would operate like a clerical office and take messages for LE to leisurely get back to. That is so absurd to me! I cant see how any 911 operator would not sense the danger behind such a claim and immediately send officers to make their assessments. That is a pretty serious matter and would be addressed accordingly. It also baffles me that this person would put their safety in CeCe's hands? She is not LE and should never post something of that degree without an actual police report to support this random persons claims. This only frightens the community unnecessarily when there has been no substantial proof established to base it on.
IMO, The Local's articles are distasteful, unreliable and unprofessional. I wouldnt allow myself to be alarmed by anything they have to say personally.

Sorry, im sure you can see Im not a fan of The Local. Lol!
Hello @ZumaGirl. Glad you are joining us.
My thoughts on The Local is that they report alot of opinion-based articles rather than fact-based ones.

I personally cant take anything CeCe has to say seriously. Thats just me. I find it difficult to follow her articles. They are long and confusing and mostly contain her personal take of what is in the media. IMO, she can, at times, upset and mislead her readers with her emotionally charged writings.

Im sure there have been many key copies made to supply groundkeepers, vendors and the city officials with. This is not surprising to me, its actually necessary. I work in property management and based on my experience when dealing with property access it is impossible to keep only one copy of a key when several parties are involved.

CeCe is all over the map and clearly uses The Local to air out her own personal vendettas. She makes outlandish statements with very little credible support to back it up. Pretty sure she enjoys getting everyones nerves rattled with her articles. I think she would be a great blogger, not a credible news reporter.

She did post an article recently about a local resident reporting to her that they had been intentionally shot at by an unknown assailant/sniper while hiking and when they called 911 they were informed that someone would call them back after taking their message instead of dispatching an officer to the scene. Doubtful that 911 would operate like a clerical office and take messages for LE to leisurely get back to. That is so absurd to me! I cant see how any 911 operator would not sense the danger behind such a claim and immediately send officers to make their assessments. That is a pretty serious matter and would be addressed accordingly. It also baffles me that this person would put their safety in CeCe's hands? She is not LE and should never post something of that degree without an actual police report to support this random persons claims. This only frightens the community unnecessarily when there has been no substantial proof established to base it on.
IMO, The Local's articles are distasteful, unreliable and unprofessional. I wouldnt allow myself to be alarmed by anything they have to say personally.

Sorry, im sure you can see Im not a fan of The Local. Lol!

I totally agree with you. She posts things and then they just disappear. Not a reliable source. However she has been bringing up concerns about Lost Hills which has been consistent with what I’m hearing on Nextdoor. We are left in the dark a lot and have been frustrated long before Matthew went missing.

Authorities Search for Missing Granada Hills Man Last Seen in Topanga Area of Santa Monica Mountains

I was wondering whether this was just a misunderstanding in reporting (as in, the car was seen only) or whether there actually is a witness who has seen a man stuck in the car since that could potentially place him there if the witness could identify him.

Good catch- I'm positive that was a misunderstanding. We have had no one come forward saying they had seen him out there.

Good catch- I'm positive that was a misunderstanding. We have had no one come forward saying they had seen him out there.
Thank you for clarifying. I figured it might be a misunderstanding but it's important to know since I personally think there is a chance he was never there.
Have you tried to find out whether any neighbors of his female friend have outdoor home security cameras. The idea would be to try to see his car dropping her off just to confirm the timeline given by the witness.
Has MalibuBarbie reached out to you?
In regards to his paycheck, is it possible that he would have carried a lot of cash on him?

Im definitely thinking that this girl played a bigger role than weve been led to believe.

Interesting that we haven't focused much on this mystery woman or his "new circle of friends"- per the Dateline article. I wonder what LE is doing with this case. Are they questioning people?? If so who? Are they looking for "suspects"? What would they be suspected of doing?

Thank you for clarifying. I figured it might be a misunderstanding but it's important to know since I personally think there is a chance he was never there.
Have you tried to find out whether any neighbors of his female friend have outdoor home security cameras. The idea would be to try to see his car dropping her off just to confirm the timeline given by the witness.
Has MalibuBarbie reached out to you?
In regards to his paycheck, is it possible that he would have carried a lot of cash on him?

The security camera footage has been written over. I believe it was looked at in the very beginning and was determined the story checked out. I will follow up with this to make sure. There has been so much information exchanged it is difficult to remember if everything was followed up on.

MalibuBarbie79 has not contacted me, we (family) do not know who that person is.

Paycheck was not that much really, he could not have had much cash. I can only speculate on the exact amount.

Interesting that we haven't focused much on this mystery woman or his "new circle of friends"- per the Dateline article. I wonder what LE is doing with this case. Are they questioning people?? If so who? Are they looking for "suspects"? What would they be suspected of doing?

LE is treating this as a missing persons case, so no criminal investigation at this time.

I am hoping by now that LE are finally putting some real effort into this investigation. I have no idea where they stand with this case but I do hope they dont allow this missing persons investigation to go cold. They are really the only ones who have access to the resources needed in order to make sense of all of this. Heres hoping theyre taking advantage of those tools In this matter.

LE is treating this as a missing persons case, so no criminal investigation at this time.
Thats truly unfortunate. Provided the troubling and questionable circumstances of Matthew's disappearance and given great consideration to all the crime that has occurred in this area, i think it would be necessary to explore other possibilities, a criminal investigation should be implemented at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member