CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that this female might be lying to cover up for another person?

Maybe it wasnt just the two of them partying that night?
Perhaps it was a few people or more?

Could they have gone to a party or gone somewhere others would be present in addition to this female alone?
Did she really even have to work that morning and was she ever really dropped back off at home?

Could she have just been attempting to create an alibi for herself?
Maybe she has a crazy boyfriend or ex and he got jealous and did something bad to Matthew?
I really hope not, but i do have serious concerns.
If Matthew drove his female friend home at 4:30am then where did he go until 7:15 am, (the time he is said to arrive at the outlook?) Thats a pretty long period of time between the two destinations.

Why hasnt this girl reached out to Matt's family to explain her side of what had happened?
If she is his friend then why hasnt she made herself available to assist with the various search efforts alongside Matthew's friends and loved ones? What kind of friend is she really? Maybe not a friend at all?

And as it concerns the confusing, final text messages that were sent from Matt's phone, maybe all that was staged and typed by someone else to throw everyone off? Maybe the confusing choice of words was intentional? It almost seems too jumbled not to be.

If that's the case hopefully LE will be able to get some DNA results back from the car.
I hope they have taken samples to be tested. Do you know whether thats been done or not? Not sure if it was mentioned, i may have missed that.

California man Matthew Weaver Jr. still missing nearly two months after car found abandoned in Malibu canyons

Shouldn't they have been able to pull fingerprints from the steering wheel if someone besides Matthew was driving the car?

If he was out all night and awake until 6am (snapchat) I wonder if he fell asleep until 11:30am (phone call and text to girl) when he saw something he shouldn't have? The timing is just so weird.

Checking for fingerprints in the car: I've wondered about too but I don't know if the car was treated as a potential crime scene from the get go.

Just coming in on this story late, so forgive me if I am redundant. Actually seeing now exactly where the car was (and with the bumper being ripped off) it would appear that someone may have purposely drove it there as to hide it. Or tried. MW seemingly did not say to the friend that he was stuck. I mean, wouldn't that be the first thing you would do if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere is try to reach out for help? Then there is the report of the damaged latch inside the trunk, so perhaps someone had put him in there and attempted to drive (or push) it over the mountainside? Who in their right mind would try to navigate that with a standard vehicle? We have his car but no Matthew and his scent disappears 100 yards from the car.

Where was the bumper found?

Exactly what I'm thinking Force Ten.

It seems the car was driven at a high rate of speed up this Rocky path. Would you say this is correct?
The dirt road section is very rough. Furthermore there's a gigantic (like 4-5' squarish in dimensions) rock at one place in the road narrows the driving path to just barely a car's width. I'm guessing you could damage an average car driving 25 mph, maybe less it's that bad.

Where do people typically park when they hike up there? Iam guessing no forced entry was noted into the vehicle. I find it hard to believe that he would willfully trash his own car and keep going after losing the bumper etc... It sure seems to have been driven there by someone who couldn't have cared less about any damage to the car. Maybe the car was parked somewhere at the trail entrance and someone tried to get rid of it after taking the keys? Or at least conceal it for a while longer....

Regarding the video above... is there anyone who can go check out this spot and search for yellow graffiti that might match the yellow Xs spray painted on Matthews car? Perhaps there are gangs who tag there or someone with no brain who has spray painted since this video was taken that left their name tagged in the area.... Just a thought! Might give us some ideas why spray paint was used on his car too!

Where do people typically park when they hike up there? Iam guessing no forced entry was noted into the vehicle. I find it hard to believe that he would willfully trash his own car and keep going after losing the bumper etc... It sure seems to have been driven there by someone who couldn't have cared less about any damage to the car. Maybe the car was parked somewhere at the trail entrance and someone tried to get rid of it after taking the keys? Or at least conceal it for a while longer....

ScorpioRising: I'm not sure I've seen you post here so here are my 'credentials': I live in the area and I've hiked the trails leading up to the Rosas Lookout for years. You might check this post I did a few days ago explaining things with a map: CA - CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 August 2018

There are sort of 2 overlooks here. The "Lois Ewen Overlook" is at the intersection of Stunt, Scheuren, and Saddle Peak Roads. There's room for about 6 cars to park in a paved area. The Rosas lookout or overlook is where Matthew's car was found and it's about 1.4 miles down a partially paved, partial dirt road that accessed through a gate.

My feel is that the Rosas lookout isn't really a hiking destination, it's at the top end of a couple of hiking trails. Just speaking for myself I would rather park at the low elevation of a trail, hike up to the top, and then have it easy hiking back down to the car.

Regarding the video above... is there anyone who can go check out this spot and search for yellow graffiti that might match the yellow Xs spray painted on Matthews car? Perhaps there are gangs who tag there or someone with no brain who has spray painted since this video was taken that left their name tagged in the area.... Just a thought! Might give us some ideas why spray paint was used on his car too!

Not a crazy thought but we already know that the "X's" were done by Search & Rescue to flag the car as one they had searched, (this is a standard procedure for them.)

Wow... Its hard to imagine them spray painting it all over the car like it was shown in the pics. When they could have just towed it away for evidence. Out of all the crime and forensic shows I've watched I've never heard of such thing. But there is always a first. It just seems such a distraction to personal property. I'm not patronizing them whatsoever, I just see different ways it could have been flagged by S&R

ScorpioRising: I'm not sure I've seen you post here so here are my 'credentials': I live in the area and I've hiked the trails leading up to the Rosas Lookout for years. You might check this post I did a few days ago explaining things with a map: CA - CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 August 2018

There are sort of 2 overlooks here. The "Lois Ewen Overlook" is at the intersection of Stunt, Scheuren, and Saddle Peak Roads. There's room for about 6 cars to park in a paved area. The Rosas lookout or overlook is where Matthew's car was found and it's about 1.4 miles down a partially paved, partial dirt road that accessed through a gate.

My feel is that the Rosas lookout isn't really a hiking destination, it's at the top end of a couple of hiking trails. Just speaking for myself I would rather park at the low elevation of a trail, hike up to the top, and then have it easy hiking back down to the car.
Thank you. It helps put things into perspective. This case is so very confusing.

Thank you for the info. I came here from the Tristan Beaudette thread. From your description it sounds like you don't think he would have hiked to the Rosas overlook. Since the dogs lost his scent from his car I guess he didn't really walk around there too much. It's hard to believe he himself would have driven his car there.
On a separate thought..he just got paid. It is possible he had some money on him.

Wow, its starting to really look like someone may have driven his car in there to dump it and then hike out without being noticed. This is such an overwhelming thought.

Has there been any solid proof that he was ever up there? Maybe the dog only traced the scent 100 yards because his car was there and not because he was. If someone had his phone they could have Snapchat or texted?

Last edited:
Has there been any solid proof that he was ever up there? Maybe the dog only traced the scent 100 yards because his car was there and not because he was. If someone had his phone they could have Snapchat or texted?

Exactly, or someone saw he was there from Snapchat. But why go back there after supposedly being there for hours already and spend even more hours there? Has anyone that's been there ever spent that much time there?

Joeconejo had stated he heard or was told that the heat could have effected the trail scent. So MW could have walked or ran all the way back to the road, we only have confirmation that he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99