CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would still be able to see the numbers dialed and the lengths of the calls. I'm sure that's how they contacted this "friend" and received a copy of the texts.

Did he call any numbers? I know this call and text were the last ones, but before that?

He did have some activity prior but initially it looks to be nothing. As more time passes we have the opportunity to dig a little deeper looking at the less obvious.

Hi everyone. I’m new here. I’ve been lurking on Websleuths for a while now since there have been several crimes happening in my area. I hope my posts follow the Websleuths guidelines. If not, please let me know. I’m a little confused about what I can post. I just want to say how hard I know this must be for matthew weavers family and how sorry I am that they are going through this. I live in the calabasas/Malibu area and there has been a lot of concern in my Nextdoor group about the missing persons cases as well as the shootings that are happening in the same area. There was an update yesterday on The Local Malibu by Cece Woods that I don’t think was mentioned yet. She talks about the key to the gate at the trail and that it has been illegally copied a number of times.

Disturbing Details Emerge in the Disappearance of Matthew Weaver Jr. - The Local Malibu

Hello @ZumaGirl. Glad you are joining us.
My thoughts on The Local is that they report alot of opinion-based articles rather than fact-based ones.

I personally cant take anything CeCe has to say seriously. Thats just me. I find it difficult to follow her articles. They are long and confusing and mostly contain her personal take of what is in the media. IMO, she can, at times, upset and mislead her readers with her emotionally charged writings.

Im sure there have been many key copies made to supply groundkeepers, vendors and the city officials with. This is not surprising to me, its actually necessary. I work in property management and based on my experience when dealing with property access it is impossible to keep only one copy of a key when several parties are involved.

CeCe is all over the map and clearly uses The Local to air out her own personal vendettas. She makes outlandish statements with very little credible support to back it up. Pretty sure she enjoys getting everyones nerves rattled with her articles. I think she would be a great blogger, not a credible news reporter.

She did post an article recently about a local resident reporting to her that they had been intentionally shot at by an unknown assailant/sniper while hiking and when they called 911 they were informed that someone would call them back after taking their message instead of dispatching an officer to the scene. Doubtful that 911 would operate like a clerical office and take messages for LE to leisurely get back to. That is so absurd to me! I cant see how any 911 operator would not sense the danger behind such a claim and immediately send officers to make their assessments. That is a pretty serious matter and would be addressed accordingly. It also baffles me that this person would put their safety in CeCe's hands? She is not LE and should never post something of that degree without an actual police report to support this random persons claims. This only frightens the community unnecessarily when there has been no substantial proof established to base it on.
IMO, The Local's articles are distasteful, unreliable and unprofessional. I wouldnt allow myself to be alarmed by anything they have to say personally.

Sorry, im sure you can see Im not a fan of The Local. Lol!

Sorry if the pings were discussed earlier..I just read through this whole thread and didn't see it specifically but I might have missed some info so bear with me. Is there any information regarding the phone pings? When the distressed message from his phone was sent..any info on which tower it pinged on?

Sorry if the pings were discussed earlier..I just read through this whole thread and didn't see it specifically but I might have missed some info so bear with me. Is there any information regarding the phone pings? When the distressed message from his phone was sent..any info on which tower it pinged on?

I believe it was stated his phones last ping was Topanga outlook & where his car was found.

According to Matthew’s “Help Find” FB page:

“Matt’s phone gps ping’s track him starting into the Topanga trail @ 7:15am.”

“Matt’s phone gps has traced last text message & snap chat gps coordinates inside the trail at 11:50am near where car was found. Last transmission.”
Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr

View attachment 149628

Last edited by a moderator:
One question I have for anyone who is familiar with this area. It was mentioned his car was seen on camera going into this area around 715 AM. Is there another way out of this area that is not covered by a camera? Or would anyone leaving have to go out this way and therefore be on camera?

I am just thinking that if this is the only way out and he obviously wasn't seen walking out, then either he still must be up there somewhere or he left in another vehicle. Of course, if there are ways to exit without being seen on a camera, then we have no idea.

Hello @ZumaGirl. Glad you are joining us.
My thoughts on The Local is that they report alot of opinion-based articles rather than fact-based ones.

I personally cant take anything CeCe has to say seriously. Thats just me. I find it difficult to follow her articles. They are long and confusing and mostly contain her personal take of what is in the media. IMO, she can, at times, upset and mislead her readers with her emotionally charged writings.

Im sure there have been many key copies made to supply groundkeepers, vendors and the city officials with. This is not surprising to me, its actually necessary. I work in property management and based on my experience when dealing with property access it is impossible to keep only one copy of a key when several parties are involved.

CeCe is all over the map and clearly uses The Local to air out her own personal vendettas. She makes outlandish statements with very little credible support to back it up. Pretty sure she enjoys getting everyones nerves rattled with her articles. I think she would be a great blogger, not a credible news reporter.

She did post an article recently about a local resident reporting to her that they had been intentionally shot at by an unknown assailant/sniper while hiking and when they called 911 they were informed that someone would call them back after taking their message instead of dispatching an officer to the scene. Doubtful that 911 would operate like a clerical office and take messages for LE to leisurely get back to. That is so absurd to me! I cant see how any 911 operator would not sense the danger behind such a claim and immediately send officers to make their assessments. That is a pretty serious matter and would be addressed accordingly. It also baffles me that this person would put their safety in CeCe's hands? She is not LE and should never post something of that degree without an actual police report to support this random persons claims. This only frightens the community unnecessarily when there has been no substantial proof established to base it on.
IMO, The Local's articles are distasteful, unreliable and unprofessional. I wouldnt allow myself to be alarmed by anything they have to say personally.

Sorry, im sure you can see Im not a fan of The Local. Lol!

I couldn’t agree with you more! Her last article had simple typos and was all over the place and looks as though she didn’t even proof read her article. She also posted something very disturbing in the past about Matthew and quickly deleted it and I just can’t trust anything she writes.

I couldn’t agree with you more! Her last article had simple typos and was all over the place and looks as though she didn’t even proof read her article. She also posted something very disturbing in the past about Matthew and quickly deleted it and I just can’t trust anything she writes.

I agree and she continues to 'update' the piece. It originally stated at the beginning of the article that MW dropped off his female friend at the Topanga gate at 5 am. She started off the article with erroneous information. The new updated version states that "The trunk lock on Matthew’s car was damaged from the inside" which is where I first heard about. Now we have MW's uncle state otherwise. So it makes me wonder where she is getting her info and why she as a 'Reporter' is making statements without properly vetting it. It's pretty irresponsible and unprofessional. All her articles read more like that of a sensational blogger, not a news reporter.

So being that she is also the source of the message "Some crazy s**t is going on" I have to take it all with a grain of salt.

I agree and she continues to 'update' the piece. It originally stated at the beginning of the article that MW dropped off his female friend at the Topanga gate at 5 am. She started off the article with erroneous information. The new updated version states that "The trunk lock on Matthew’s car was damaged from the inside" which is where I first heard about. Now we have MW's uncle state otherwise. So it makes me wonder where she is getting her info and why she as a 'Reporter' is making statements without properly vetting it. It's pretty irresponsible and unprofessional. All her articles read more like that of a sensational blogger, not a news reporter.

So being that she is also the source of the message "Some crazy s**t is going on" I have to take it all with a grain of salt.

The message and its time-frame is legitimate.

One question I have for anyone who is familiar with this area. It was mentioned his car was seen on camera going into this area around 715 AM. Is there another way out of this area that is not covered by a camera? Or would anyone leaving have to go out this way and therefore be on camera?

I am just thinking that if this is the only way out and he obviously wasn't seen walking out, then either he still must be up there somewhere or he left in another vehicle. Of course, if there are ways to exit without being seen on a camera, then we have no idea.

No other way out in a vehicle but plenty of ways to hike out. Also, the video of the vehicle entering is from a good distance and only confirms a vehicle went by , not good enough to see who is driving. It is entirely possible it would not pick up someone walking out depending on their motion sensitivity- so no, not seen walking out on the camera, but that is inconclusive.

The message and its time-frame is legitimate.

There is something in that message though. There is no pretext. Like she responding to something he said that isn't there. "What's up, I'm at work". It makes me wonder if he tried to call her and she didn't/couldn't answer and she responded via messaging. Or she deleted the prior message.

There is something in that message though. There is no pretext. Like she responding to something he said that isn't there. "What's up, I'm at work". It makes me wonder if he tried to call her and she didn't/couldn't answer and she responded via messaging. Or she deleted the prior message.
The article I referenced above said he called her and she texted him back.

So perhaps he was being pursued or chased.

My theory just based on the publicly released evidence is he drove up a little bit but was chased to the edge. That car probably stopped when the gravel road stopped. The people in that car took him back down to their car and they took off. This would explain why he frantically drove up to the top of the trail (he was being chased) and why his trail ended at the end of the gravel road (he was put into a car). I don't know if there would be evidence of a second car if the car only drove up to the gravel road and didn't disturb the dirt or plants on the dirt trail.

I think the question would be why would someone do this? I think there would be more evidence if it were a random crime or a robbery. But to disappear someone while leaving their BMW behind doesn't seem like a robbery motive to me. JMO

My theory just based on the publicly released evidence is he drove up a little bit but was chased to the edge. That car probably stopped when the gravel road stopped. The people in that car took him back down to their car and they took off. This would explain why he frantically drove up to the top of the trail (he was being chased) and why his trail ended at the end of the gravel road (he was put into a car). I don't know if there would be evidence of a second car if the car only drove up to the gravel road and didn't disturb the dirt or plants on the dirt trail.

I think the question would be why would someone do this? I think there would be more evidence if it were a random crime or a robbery. But to disappear someone while leaving their BMW behind doesn't seem like a robbery motive to me. JMO

The problem with that theory is that after driving up there he remained there for the next 4 plus hours until phoning and texting friend.

The problem with that theory is that after driving up there he remained there for the next 4 plus hours until phoning and texting friend.

My original theory was he drove up there and took a nap and awoke at 11:30 when someone approached him. Based on what you have said and what has been released, it just doesn't sound like he would take off on his own. By all accounts he just got a new apartment, had a steady job, was really transitioning into an "adult" time in his life.

I do hope you have some answers soon. Matthew is lucky to have his family out there advocating for him in this investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member