CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry doesnt seem like a murderer to me. I wish the next interviewer would ask Larry if Maya was having an affair.
In some ways I can see what you mean, but these are just things that ran through my mind. There won't be any more interviews with Larry answering questions for the general public ...remember, he retained an attorney and is no longer cooperating with LE.

He may not be a murderer, or he became one for the first time one night.

It really doesn't matter if Maya was having an affair though, IMO. It doesn't make it less a crime. It could've been just that she had that divorce attorney appt. set up, and he didn't want to lose financially. He certainly knew they were over from what we heard about the Glamis trip. Totally MOO, seemed like he was getting subliminally nasty.

Not everybody looks like they're capable of killing someone. Some can put on quite the act of wonderful human being. Ted Bundy sat next to Ann Rule and had her fooled back then.

Planned or unplanned, sometimes people get greedy or sometimes people lose control and become murderers.

Choking someone to death takes time and effort, and it becomes premeditated if you don't stop until the person being choked dies.

It has hurt Maya's family greatly that her husband has not helped in any searches, attended the vigil, and now has cut off contact with them.

He could've came off as the husband of 21 yrs. missing his wife and desperately wanting to find her...but I don't know why he chose to act unconcerned, uninvolved, and retained an attorney. It's like he didn't have enough confidence in his acting abilities, or he really is painfully shy and private. I'd love to hear from his coworkers about that. Nevertheless, he sure hasn't come off as caring that she's gone.

All JMO. This is all just fleeting thoughts running through my head and MOO.

Last edited:
In some ways I can see what you mean, but these are just things that ran through my mind.

He may not be a murderer, or he became one for the first time one night.

It really doesn't matter if Maya was having an affair though, IMO. It doesn't make it less a crime. It could've been just that she had that divorce attorney appt. set up, and he didn't want to lose financially.

Not everybody looks like they're capable of killing someone. Some can put on quite the act of wonderful human being. Ted Bundy sat next to Ann Rule and had her fooled back then.

Planned or unplanned, sometimes people get greedy or sometimes people lose control and become murderers.

Choking someone to death takes time and effort, and it becomes premeditated if you don't stop until the person being choked dies.

It has hurt Maya's family greatly that her husband has not helped in any searches, attended the vigil, and now has cut off contact with them.

He could've came off as the husband of 21 yrs. missing his wife and desperately wanting to find her...but I don't know why he chose to act unconcerned, uninvolved, and retained an attorney. It's like he didn't have enough confidence in his acting abilities, or he really is painfully shy and private. I'd love to hear from his coworkers about that. Nevertheless, he sure hasn't come off as caring that she's gone.

All JMO. This is all just fleeting thoughts running through my head and MOO.
What I mean is maybe she had an affair with the wrong guy and he killed her. Theyve been living in separate rooms for a year I imagine there has been other partners involved.

What I mean is maybe she had an affair with the wrong guy and he killed her. Theyve been living in separate rooms for a year I imagine there has been other partners involved.
*If* this is the case, her BFF would know who this person is. A woman's BFF knows everything. *If* she had a special male friend, he likely was part of her jeep club is my guess. PURE SPECULATION, not saying this is fact. Just looking for any explanation for her disappearance.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Here's what I'm trying to sort through in my mind.
*If* May was ever in the vehicle LM drove on Friday, (such as in the trunk), LE certainly would have detected that by now IWT? Further, the children would know if May was in the house on Friday, the older ones at least who were supposedly being home schooled?

So many inconsistencies, or at least from the outside looking in.
What a baffling case, and so sad. Beautiful, vivacious young woman missing and three little kids left without a mom. Let us pray this case is close to some answers.

Well, kids do go to sleep. He could have somehow drugged/ chloroformed/ knocked out May Thursday evening...propped up (an alive) May in the passenger side of the car (or back seat) late...driven to a remote location. Killed her there, dumped her there.No cadaver dogs or luminal would hit on the car. Any of her (alive) skin cells, hair, etc in the car would be expected....normal.
He can’t outsmart the entire neighborhood cameras, plus some store or traffic cameras. There are LE people that are passionate about unraveling a person’s footprint.
Big red flag straight away is - what are the odds both his & her phones are off all day Friday? They each were(according to him) in separate locations.

MOO

Larry doesnt seem like a murderer to me. I wish the next interviewer would ask Larry if Maya was having an affair.
Oh I think he would have told that (if true) by now.
Overshares his negative opinion of her
According to the sister, May does not stay out til 3:30
plus sister said with covid no wine tasting.

MOO

Last edited:
THE PANEL IS BACK! LIVE! SPECIAL GUESTS! Forensic Linguist Analyst Steve Johnson
The Interview Room with Chris
Steve Johnson, FBI Profiler Greg Cooper, and Cold Case Foundation's Dean Jackson join Chris in The Interview Room!
Sunday Feb. 28 @ 7pm CST/8pm EST.

Oh, take note, he never says her name.

LM left Maya the mother with the daughters to be home schooled, not the other way around. Odd. They're saying Thurs or early Friday morning is important. When LM finally unlocks the door it becomes her locked door, she's already gone.

Steve Johnson zeros in on what people say, and that is his expertise. He really points out strongly that when LM drops the pronoun "I" it is significant. "Maybe assumed somebody picked her up."-- he didn't assume that though. Counting also seven negatives about Maya, digs, but no positives coming from LM. Drinking or "something", implies it's not just drinking. He had to call her family before, and now May is doing it again. He's trying to delay the missing person's report too. Big one, he thinks, "She stepped up her game." They wonder if that's because she wanted a divorce perhaps.

The neighbor's camera can see it, but they can't see it. It's dark, nighttime. Very telling. It was probably dark.

Learning some new interesting points from their take on LM's interview.

ETA-- included the panel's names and date of show.

Last edited:

MOO, and my own take on what I got out of the show. I never could catch what LM was saying about if Maya couldn't answer her phone or got hurt hiking. He was saying she always had her phone with her and she wore "Fablectics" (Kate Hudson brand) which are workout pants with a side pocket. He's throwing out a brand name! Phone in her pocket or like LM said "next to her". Possibly she'll be found wearing those kind of pants and her phone with her.

Bingo, one of the guys says someone else might be involved, just like I've been thinking. (MOO, Help meaning maybe hiding, transporting, knowing.) They are discussing him using the word "we" could still hear her. Rustling, still heard her. Spooky.

Someone asked if LM is watching the show. They think so.

rustling - make a soft, muffled crackling sound like that caused by the movement of dry leaves or paper.

1. swedeheartWell-Known Member
    Starts at about 53:55. I am just now watching this myself, so if there's any new info I'll bring it for discussion. This is for anyone who wants to hear/see all the details of Maya's case in one video.

One interesting thing Gray pointed out was how LM said he "let them (LE) search" the house, implying he allowed them to search (it's at about 1:10:14). Why wouldn't you allow them to search for your missing wife? One of the many slips of the tongue, I imagine. Imo.

A second interesting point, when describing what LM thinks has happened to Maya, he says, "well, maybe she was hiking and got into an accident, and if she fell, she'd have her phone right there." (It's along the lines of Barry Morphew and his mountain lion theory he tried so hard to push. That has always made me think that if Suzanne was found, it would be a real mess, and a mt. lion attack could actually be considered. He's setting up a possible scenario for her being found and the condition her body is in.) It's possible that's what LM is doing right here. Are there cliffs in or around the dunes? Or any significant cliffs around any of the areas that have been mentioned? Imo.

Couple of other things: Firstly, he says this is "embarrassing." How about terrifying? Tragic? Worrying? No? (Says so much about the way he thinks!) After that, he says he's "seen enough movies and documentaries about this stuff." Huh, interesting.

(I realize this stuff has been discussed earlier in the thread, it just stuck out to me (and to Gray) while re-listening to his interview.)

——————————-^^^^^^^————————————-
    Respectfully Brought ^ the above over *by swedeheart
    (from a previous closed thread ) excellent points!
    LM said “mind numbing “ or something like that ..I thought that choice of words was odd

MOO

1. swedeheartWell-Known Member
    Starts at about 53:55. I am just now watching this myself, so if there's any new info I'll bring it for discussion. This is for anyone who wants to hear/see all the details of Maya's case in one video.

One interesting thing Gray pointed out was how LM said he "let them (LE) search" the house, implying he allowed them to search (it's at about 1:10:14). Why wouldn't you allow them to search for your missing wife? One of the many slips of the tongue, I imagine. Imo.

A second interesting point, when describing what LM thinks has happened to Maya, he says, "well, maybe she was hiking and got into an accident, and if she fell, she'd have her phone right there." (It's along the lines of Barry Morphew and his mountain lion theory he tried so hard to push. That has always made me think that if Suzanne was found, it would be a real mess, and a mt. lion attack could actually be considered. He's setting up a possible scenario for her being found and the condition her body is in.) It's possible that's what LM is doing right here. Are there cliffs in or around the dunes? Or any significant cliffs around any of the areas that have been mentioned? Imo.

Couple of other things: Firstly, he says this is "embarrassing." How about terrifying? Tragic? Worrying? No? (Says so much about the way he thinks!) After that, he says he's "seen enough movies and documentaries about this stuff." Huh, interesting.

(I realize this stuff has been discussed earlier in the thread, it just stuck out to me (and to Gray) while re-listening to his interview.)

——————————-^^^^^^^————————————-
    Respectfully Brought ^ the above over *by swedeheart
    (from a previous closed thread ) excellent points!
    LM said “mind numbing “ or something like that ..I thought that choice of words was odd
MOO
just my opinion but i believe when he said "embarrassing", i think he was painting a scenario of MM not really missing but just left without telling anybody, but eventually return home to find out a search party was out looking for her.. and would be embarrassed about the whole situation.. I think LM's interview was made a few days after they filed the missing persons report. listened to his interview over a dozen times.. and i had a feeling this is what LM meant. definitely MOO.

Bones found during search for missing mom appear to be animal | cbs8.com
Published: 5:29 PM PST February 28, 2021
Updated: 6:11 PM PST February 28, 2021

"...The volunteer posted in the FB group, Missing Maya Millete Discussion & Theories, that while searching the area around Dehesa, the man's pickup truck became stuck in the sand and he later found several bones in the grass off the road.."

[...]

@SDSheriff
2 of 2 The Medical Examiner's Office determined the bones are not human remains.
4:15 PM · Feb 28, 2021

I know right? Living it up, such a cool guy. Yikes.
From the outside peering in, it sounds like this couple married young and outgrew each other. When you hear of petty things like annoying a spouse by encroaching on their prized possession, and some of the other actions that convey contempt....it's usually over. Some couples get through this phase of a relationship, and others don't. But I do know that when couples seem to have ongoing contempt for each other, go out of their way to outwardly annoy and disrespect; it's tough going.

I certainly wish we knew more than we do, because I'm looking for any reason not to be highly suspicious of the husband, because I don't want to be. I don't want to believe that this adorable looking couple with three sweet kids ended up in this place. But I'm having a very hard time not believing this is sadly so.

We need another update from LE, and I pray the three children are being kept as far from all this as is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member