CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Authorities said Larry Millete turned over his cellphone early on in the search and that there had been no calls to their home before his wife’s disappearance."
No calls to the home on Larry's phone before his wife's disappearance. His cell? Did they have a landline? How about the daughter(s) phones, and were they taken by LE too? What about outbound calls from LM's phone, or daughter's phone, or a home phone, after their argument, maybe calling someone for help? What about Maya's missing phone? (Yes, I still have lots of questions. :()

No calls to the home on Larry's phone before his wife's disappearance. His cell? Did they have a landline? How about the daughter(s) phones, and were they taken by LE too? What about outbound calls from LM's phone, or daughter's phone, or a home phone, after their argument, maybe calling someone for help? What about Maya's missing phone? (Yes, I still have lots of questions. :()

“Authorities said Larry Millete turned over his cellphone early on in the search and that there had been no calls to their home before his wife’s disappearance."

Hmm, I had thought that where it said there had been no calls to their home prior to Maya going missing, it was referring to a fact that there has not been any police calls to the home (domestic disputes, etc) before this. Huh, now I read it your way and it makes me wonder, too. :confused:

“Authorities said Larry Millete turned over his cellphone early on in the search and that there had been no calls to their home before his wife’s disappearance."

Hmm, I had thought that where it said there had been no calls to their home prior to Maya going missing, it was referring to a fact that there has not been any police calls to the home (domestic disputes, etc) before this. Huh, now I read it your way and it makes me wonder, too. :confused:
Yes, they did report that too. This article is about his phone. However, early on, you're correct, there was another news report that said no DV or 911 calls to the home in recent years.

Sometimes things are reported in such a odd way. This one, for instance. Why would it matter if someone called LM before Maya went missing? o_O

Yes, they did report that too. This article is about his phone. However, early on, you're correct, there was another news report that said no DV or 911 calls to the home in recent years.

Sometimes things are reported in such a odd way. This one, for instance. Why would it matter if someone called LM before Maya went missing? o_O

I read it as LM had not made any calls to the home since May went missing, implying that Larry had not made any calls home with his cell phone since they argued. (Shouldn't he have attempted to be reaching May if she was locked in her room? And even after opening the door on Saturday, wouldn't he call her to see where she was, especially if her family was worried? What about reaching the kids when they were home alone all day Friday? Also, shouldn't he be calling May all the days she was missing, up to the point they took his phone?) I think the wording is implying that he didn't try to check on May or the kids at any point after they had their argument.

But I do see that it is odd wording. Did they mean to write Larry hasn't made any calls home since before she went missing? Or Larry hasn't made any calls to the home after she went missing?

I bought a house (years ago) advertised as a 5 bedroom. One was actually a loft above the garage. One was a guest room downstairs. The way a home can be advertised as how many bedrooms has to do with if there is a window and a closet in it.
The more bedrooms the higher the price. Just saying. I'm in real estate so I understand how the marketing goes with this.

Sorry to reply to the same comment but it does segway nicely into something I've been wondering about.

In the interview, Larry says that his inlaws are over and start talking to the neighbors to see if they can see her on camera. He says "they were trying to figure out *if- w-w-when* she left." He literally says if. I don't know if I'm looking too hard into this but this was HUGE for me. It makes me feel like he knows she didn't leave on her own. He then follows this up by basically saying they think they saw "it" on the cameras but it was "night time." Now, all that being said, it's very possible he just misspoke. Very very possible. But I have a feeling that professionals like Peter Hyatt and Steve Johnson would also think that statement is super alarming. He also says "it" when he should say "her" and even the word "night time" makes me feel like the incident happened in the evening and not in the early morning like he originally stated. He could have just said "dark" and that wouldn't have alerted me in any way. MOO but I feel pretty strongly about the words if and it. Not so much about night-time but I figured I'd mention it anyway. JMO and BBM
YES, OMG i caught that a while back and pointed that out to other people too! that slip up bothered me ever since! i thought i was the only one that caught that. it says alot about the mindset he was on. obviously, if i thought she left on her own and ended up missing.. id find WHEN she left in the footages.. not IF. you're not alone.. i too was thinking too hard on this.

-MOO speculating.

How long before her disappearance are they talking about?

So I’m not the best at technology so I’m not sure how to link this, but on San Diego news channel they have been reporting about a standoff with a man hold up inside a house who said he killed his wife. In CHULA VISTA. It’s not MM and LM house I don’t think, could somebody link this so we can talk about it plz? I saw it on YT

Private Investigator Bill Garcia taking on the case pro bono

I have a really good feeling about this Private Investigator Bill Garcia taking on Maya's case. I like his vibe. :) Pro bono...how wonderful. I just feel so relieved he will be looking at all the things they mentioned in the news video, and he's so experienced. It must be such a weight off the family's shoulders.

So I’m not the best at technology so I’m not sure how to link this, but on San Diego news channel they have been reporting about a standoff with a man hold up inside a house who said he killed his wife. In CHULA VISTA. It’s not MM and LM house I don’t think, could somebody link this so we can talk about it plz? I saw it on YT

Last edited:
My assumption is solely based on the statement made by Larry that says he can hear her rustling around (apparently in the kitchen) and in the other bedroom sleeping with the kids (where he again says "in the other bedroom"). He than says "upstairs (doesn't say who is upstairs) but follows it with "she's downstairs" and "like a roommate."

This is all just an assumption on my part and I hope that nobody looks too far into it as it could very easily be completely inaccurate. It's just a theory on my part.

But again, if I'm supposed to believe Larry's statement, why would Maya be in the master bedroom (upstairs according to Maricris) if she wanted space from him? I'm operating under the assumption that Larry meant she was sleeping in the other room downstairs but that could very easily be false. He could easily have made a mistake and so could I. It just doesn't line up in my brain

Edit: Again, I'm speculating heavily on this part but Larry could have told the girls that their Mom was in the master bedroom upstairs and not to disturb her. That door remained locked for 11 hours which I believe is true. That doesn't mean that's where she was sleeping regularly or had even been in that room at all that day. She could have set up permanent residence in the kitchen for all I know. But according to Larry's statement, she was probably not sharing a bed with him. She was probably sleeping somewhere downstairs regularly. And since they have 5 bedrooms, she was probably in a room downstairs. But I have made a lot of assumptions in regards to this so I really don't want to mislead anyone. This, I fear, is how rumors are started
I’m sure someone has already brought this up, but for me, I just don’t see a mom locking herself in a bedroom for 11 hours. Sure, the door may have been locked, but I highly doubt she was on the other side. A devoted mom, as reported, would make sure her children’s were a priority. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee