CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read his declaration, omg what a narcissist.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Larry-Millete.pdf

He describes his home as a painful, hostile and harassing environment. Well, then we're agreed -- that's no place for children. The child's caretaker filed that with the court --

PAINFUL
HOSTILE
HARASSING.

May CPS take note. With nothing less than immediate action.

I believe him.

A painful, hostile, harassing environment....

...I daresay the same painful, hostile, harassing environment that was killing Maya. Perhaps slowly at first. And then all at once.

IMO her beautiful, anguished soul will not rest until her children are safe and justice is served.

JMO

Wow. What a read.

Twice he blames May for just leaving the family by walking out.

And he says his parents have lived with them for 10 years and help take of the kids. First I've heard of them living with them.

Oh and they "deprived him of the pursuit of happiness" when they took his guns. Omg

Here’s the thing. He is right. He has not been formally named a POI or a suspect. If CPS made a visit and deemed the children not in danger, then he is right on that too.
While no one likes it, his attorney wrote a compelling statement on behalf of her client.

We can be all riled up at LM, but until LE charges him, everything he says is well postured and within his rights.

All eyes on CV and the DA at this point. It’s not about LM and his skillful attorney, it’s about the DA’s ability to confidently move forward with a case they know they can convict as our verified Prosecutor stated upthread.

Maya, you are not forgotten. Justice will prevail.

amateur opinion and speculation

Wow. What a read.

Twice he blames May for just leaving the family by walking out.

And he says his parents have lived with them for 10 years and help take of the kids. First I've heard of them living with them.

Oh and they "deprived him of the pursuit of happiness" when they took his guns. Omg

They were living with them for quite awhile, yes. If I recall correctly, they had just moved out in December 2020, right before Christmas.... Then boomeranged right back when Maya went "missing" so they could help take care of the children again. Made me wonder at the time of learning that if she put her foot down maybe and forced them to move out, since she was the primary breadwinner. And that pushed LM over the edge? Because for someone who just bought a house in Texas and moved halfway across the country, they sure came back awful quickly and haven't left since. :/

Just read his declaration, omg what a narcissist.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Larry-Millete.pdf

He never transferred any of the guns illegally - except he told police he did when they searched his home to take them the first time, almost mocking them saying he knew they would be coming for his guns so he gave them to friends to hold for him. :/

His guns are considered family heirlooms and have sentimental value - but were bought over the last 15 years.

I have never lived or worked in the City of San Diego (trying to challenge jurisdiction for the GVRO I think) - except that he has worked at Naval Medical Center San Diego for over 10 years now, which is in the City of San Diego o_O

The character references though..... yikes. On 2 counts - 1 because their personal info was not redacted, so now their email addresses and personal cell phone numbers have been leaked publicly, and 2 because how would they feel about their letters if it turns out he murdered his wife and had been fooling them all this entire time?

Sigh. That was incredibly challenging for me to read, as the language and grammar sounds so much like my ex husband that it literally made my skin crawl. I can never listen the audio interview he gave either for that same reason. I tried to hear it the first time, and felt hands around my throat. I came very close to being her myself during our split.... but thankfully I am safe. I guarantee his family and friends would sing his praises in much the same manner though, as he was very much Jekyll and Hide when it came to his work persona and the ones his extended family and the few friends he could maintain saw, and the one we were subjected to behind closed doors. :( He even had my own family believing him. Made the divorce process very difficult. I just wish Maya had been given the chance! Her family is so supportive and would have done anything for her and those kids.... but she wasn't given the chance.

HAS SOMEONE BEEN ARRESTED YET? :(

He never transferred any of the guns illegally - except he told police he did when they searched his home to take them the first time, almost mocking them saying he knew they would be coming for his guns so he gave them to friends to hold for him. :/

His guns are considered family heirlooms and have sentimental value - but were bought over the last 15 years.

I have never lived or worked in the City of San Diego (trying to challenge jurisdiction for the GVRO I think) - except that he has worked at Naval Medical Center San Diego for over 10 years now, which is in the City of San Diego o_O

The character references though..... yikes. On 2 counts - 1 because their personal info was not redacted, so now their email addresses and personal cell phone numbers have been leaked publicly, and 2 because how would they feel about their letters if it turns out he murdered his wife and had been fooling them all this entire time?

Sigh. That was incredibly challenging for me to read, as the language and grammar sounds so much like my ex husband that it literally made my skin crawl. I can never listen the audio interview he gave either for that same reason. I tried to hear it the first time, and felt hands around my throat. I came very close to being her myself during our split.... but thankfully I am safe. I guarantee his family and friends would sing his praises in much the same manner though, as he was very much Jekyll and Hide when it came to his work persona and the ones his extended family and the few friends he could maintain saw, and the one we were subjected to behind closed doors. :( He even had my own family believing him. Made the divorce process very difficult. I just wish Maya had been given the chance! Her family is so supportive and would have done anything for her and those kids.... but she wasn't given the chance.

HAS SOMEONE BEEN ARRESTED YET? :(

I find the character references interesting. I didn't give them a thorough enough read but I hope nobody is fooled by these. I was once threatened to be beaten to death by a "friend" in front of 6 other witnesses. Those witnesses all wrote character references for him shortly after this incident and he was accepted into the military.

I do think Larry feels threatened by these anonymous messages. I wish people would let LE handle it instead of giving Larry an excuse to contest the GVRO. However, if he does feel threatened, why wouldn't he ask the police for help instead of just asking for his guns back? He said he owns 17 guns but I thought they seized only a few and the rest were missing. He fails to mention this as well.

He says he's cooperated with the police from the beginning but surely, if he had, the police wouldn't feel the need to detain him away from his home during the searches and threaten him with an arrest if he doesn't comply.

I also find it interesting that he mentions his children are supervised when he has guns out but never actually mentioned the photo of his 4 year old among them. He makes a point to mention he teaches his children about gun safety and that they are not allowed to touch them but yet he allows his son to be surrounded by them? Isn't that a bit of a mixed message, especially for a 4 year old?

I also am aware Maricris is frustrated that the police only asked her questions recently but this is good news to me. Why else would they question her if not to dot their i's and cross their t's? As far as I know, Maricris wasn't even in the same city when Maya disappeared.

I am going to read this all again and I will edit if I have made any mistakes. If Larry is indeed innocent, I don't envy him but he does have a lot of explaining to do if that's the case.

MOO

They were living with them for quite awhile, yes. If I recall correctly, they had just moved out in December 2020, right before Christmas.... Then boomeranged right back when Maya went "missing" so they could help take care of the children again. Made me wonder at the time of learning that if she put her foot down maybe and forced them to move out, since she was the primary breadwinner. And that pushed LM over the edge? Because for someone who just bought a house in Texas and moved halfway across the country, they sure came back awful quickly and haven't left since. :/
who wants to live w their in laws?

Snipped by me

Yes it's odd how he contradicts himself several times about the guns..

I hope you are OK and managed to put that sob behind you!

I find the character references interesting. I didn't give them a thorough enough read but I hope nobody is fooled by these. I was once threatened to be beaten to death by a "friend" in front of 6 other witnesses. Those witnesses all wrote character references for him shortly after this incident and he was accepted into the military.

I do think Larry feels threatened by these anonymous messages. I wish people would let LE handle it instead of giving Larry an excuse to contest the GVRO. However, if he does feel threatened, why wouldn't he ask the police for help instead of just asking for his guns back? He said he owns 17 guns but I thought they seized only a few and the rest were missing. He fails to mention this as well.

He says he's cooperated with the police from the beginning but surely, if he had, the police wouldn't feel the need to detain him away from his home during the searches and threaten him with an arrest if he doesn't comply.

I also find it interesting that he mentions his children are supervised when he has guns out but never actually mentioned the photo of his 4 year old among them. He makes a point to mention he teaches his children about gun safety and that they are not allowed to touch them but yet he allows his son to be surrounded by them? Isn't that a bit of a mixed message, especially for a 4 year old?

I also am aware Maricris is frustrated that the police only asked her questions recently but this is good news to me. Why else would they question her if not to dot their i's and cross their t's? As far as I know, Maricris wasn't even in the same city when Maya disappeared.

I am going to read this all again and I will edit if I have made any mistakes. If Larry is indeed innocent, I don't envy him but he does have a lot of explaining to do if that's the case.

MOO

Replying to my own post because I passed the allotted timeline to edit.

I just wanted to add that Larry supplied more information regarding apparent threatening messages than he did of actual proof that his guns were purchased legally. Maybe I'm wrong but if I owned 17 guns, I'd make sure to supply legal proof of purchase for each of them, not just a handful of them. In his attempt to convey that he feels threatened, I hope he has inadvertently worked against himself. We all know that when a person feels threatened, they often act irrationally and violently. Josh Powell is a prime example of this.

I'm curious as to how much of this is actually Larry's words. I suspect some coaching was involved by his lawyer, but how much exactly? I find some of his verbiage... interesting... to say the least.

And I may have my numbers wrong but wasn't there 18-22 guns? Why now only 17? Is one missing? Please correct me if I am wrong.

MOO

Snipped by me

Yes it's odd how he contradicts himself several times about the guns..

I hope you are OK and managed to put that sob behind you!

Thank you! I did, and the kids and I are good now and cared for by the most wonderful, gentle man.... besides the court battles for the nonstop swipes he keeps trying to take over every penny. :/ counting the days until I can block the number and never look back. His relationship with his kids is deteriorated and it's his problem to try and fix, I'm tired....

Replying to my own post because I passed the allotted timeline to edit.

I just wanted to add that Larry supplied more information regarding apparent threatening messages than he did of actual proof that his guns were purchased legally. Maybe I'm wrong but if I owned 17 guns, I'd make sure to supply legal proof of purchase for each of them, not just a handful of them. In his attempt to convey that he feels threatened, I hope he has inadvertently worked against himself. We all know that when a person feels threatened, they often act irrationally and violently. Josh Powell is a prime example of this.

I'm curious as to how much of this is actually Larry's words. I suspect some coaching was involved by his lawyer, but how much exactly? I find some of his verbiage... interesting... to say the least.

And I may have my numbers wrong but wasn't there 18-22 guns? Why now only 17? Is one missing? Please correct me if I am wrong.

MOO
It's all lawyer speak; and well executed. The content came from ol' LM of course, but she wordsmithed.

All allegedly, and amateur opinion and speculation only

who wants to live w their in laws?
In one of the court tv interviews it's implied Maya didn't.. and adding that she was the main bread winner it might have been a recurring argument before her disappearance JMO..
Although in some cultures it's customary and expected from oldest son to look after the elderly parents. Is Larry the oldest?
All speculation jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member