CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the court tv interviews it's implied Maya didn't.. and adding that she was the main bread winner it might have been a recurring argument before her disappearance JMO..
Although in some cultures it's customary and expected from oldest son to look after the elderly parents. Is Larry the oldest?
All speculation jmoo

that is true.... i love my in laws but i need me space lol

sometimes, they let the client go on and on because they charge per page.
While it's hard to appreciate in such a grievous case, his attorney is doing right by him. However, in my amateur opinion and speculation, it won't matter. Forensics and good police work will prevail.

Amateur opinion and speculation

He seems to care more about getting those guns back than his wife-shameful! Sad for the children as they will grow up one day and no amount of brainwashing will keep them from eventually realizing what he has done and is doing.

He seems to care more about getting those guns back than his wife-shameful! Sad for the children as they will grow up one day and no amount of brainwashing will keep them from eventually realizing what he has done and is doing.
And let's pretend he had nothing to do with her disappearance, the kids realizing how he alienated them from their family alone will be a hard pill to swallow.
MOO

He mentioned not formally being a poi but he forgot to mention he isn't cleared yet. moo
Cleared of what? If he hasn't been identified a POI, or accused of anything, then "being cleared" makes no sense, and doesn't have context.

Should LE have named him a POI by now? The DA knows better than I do, and he hasn't been. As a amateur, I'm surprised he hasn't, and I'm surprised the children haven't been removed from the home. I would have thought for risk mitigation (for the children) AND for potential consequences for the city/PD if those children are harmed....they would have been long ago. But I'm just an armchair amateur. Puzzling.

He is NOT helping himself. <modsnip>
From the outside, it appears that way. However, I would say he is following his attorney’s defense playbook, posturing away; spreading reasonable doubt and pontificating about gun owner rights.
Good lawyering, but ultimately it won’t prevail.

I am pleased to see Maya’s family and various people who have been helping her starting to go quiet publicly. Now is the time for silence, as we get very close to an arrest.

LE only rarely says they've "cleared" somebody, because until there's a conviction, they can't be sure there won't be new evidence that changes everything. They can only say that "at present time *advertiser censored* isn't a person of interest", or "there's no evidence linking YYY to this crime," or sometimes reference to extenuating circumstances, like "ZZZ was elsewhere with 20 witnesses at the time."

Also, contrary to popular belief, there is no requirement that they name a person of interest, or identify them publicly if they do have a suspect.

Saying nothing about this particular case--just a general observation about procedure.

They haven't been able to serve him about the visitation yet. I'm guessing they aren't allowed to go into the military base he works at but this implies to me that he's not staying at home..
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads