Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry's Defense Attorney asked the DA Investigator if the Spell Caster's spells had worked o_O, see video 1:17 to 1:40 minute mark. The look on the Investigator's face! Then, at the 2:17 mark :mad: Larry's attorney outright blamed Maya for starting all the marital problems by having an affair. Also heard on another news report that Larry's attorney told a reporter that she will be defending Larry at his Trial.

Here's some dates for you, @Niner :)--
The proceedings moves back down to Chula Vista now. Next court date is scheduled for March 22nd.

A tentative Trial Date is scheduled in for September 14, 2023,
but may change. Also a different Judge might be selected, perhaps from Chula Vista.

Watch Video here:

Larry's Defense Attorney asked the DA Investigator if the Spell Caster's spells had worked o_O, see video 1:17 to 1:40 minute mark. The look on the Investigator's face! Then, at the 2:17 mark :mad: Larry's attorney outright blamed Maya for starting all the marital problems by having an affair. Also heard on another news report that Larry's attorney told a reporter that she will be defending Larry at his Trial.

The proceedings moves back down to Chula Vista now. Next court date is scheduled for March 22nd.

but may change. Also a different Judge might be selected, perhaps from Chula Vista.

Watch Video here:
[QUOTE="Curious Me, post: 1807216...-2cbce493-82d9-4fc8-9569-301208ec10eb[/QUOTE]
Wow his lawyers a real piece of work ughhh . I hope the trial is over and done with fast. Jmoo

Watch Video here:
I am speechless!! Thank you for the recaps!!

Post prelim hearing ruling by the court, CBS8 reporter David Gotfredson appeared before to the court on behalf of CBS8 seeking the release of the last known video of Maya (and her children) arriving home, entering the house, and Maya never again to be seen exiting.

This video was shown during the hearing but the media's pool camera was blocked from streaming this video because minor children were present in the video.

Gotfredson's position was the images of the children are faint and not distinguishable but the court is adamant about protecting the privacy of the minor children. When questioned, the defense did not object to the video being altered to redact the children, and the state said it would defer to the court's decision.

It's yet to be determined if the court will approve the streaming/media release of the redacted version of the last video of Maya entering her home.

I've been curious about this video of Maya myself that was often referenced during the hearing because it was not clear to me that the court decided in advance not to allow the video streamed to the public. MOO

Last edited:
Judge rules Larry Millete to stand trial for murder of missing wife, Maya

Defense Attorney Martinez asks if the Spells purchased by Larry from Spell Casters came true.

1674719307504.png
1674719463882.png
1674719360774.png

This news video is mainly with Maricris and Richard, Maya's Sister and BiL, but the headline tells how strange Larry's attorney's questions was to the Investigator.
‘Did The Spells Come True?': Question During Larry Millete Hearing Draws Gasps in Court

Update!!

Wednesday, January 25th:
*Preliminary Hearing continues (Day 10) (@ 9am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21). Found mentally competent to stand trial (9/26/22).
*Larry Millete (39/now 41) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21.
Guardianship Case: Family Court -Trial in June, 2023 (no specific date).
Trial set to begin on 9/14/23.

Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 1/23/23 reference post #556 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-28

1/25/23 Update: Day 10: State witnesses: San Diego County DA Investigator James Rhoades back on stand.
Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles delivered more than 13 minutes of final arguments & attorney Bonita Martinez gave final arguments to Judge Moring. Both sides rested at the preliminary hearing. Judge Moring has ruled there is enough evidence for Millete to be tried on one count of murder. The decision came Wednesday, 1/25/23 exactly two weeks after the start of the preliminary hearing to determine whether the San Diego County District Attorney's Office has enough evidence -- despite never finding the body of the missing Chula Vista mother of three -- to convince a jury that her husband was behind her death. “The court finds that corpus delicti requirement has been met for sufficiency of the evidence,” Moring said. “Based on the evidence presented in this preliminary hearing, it appears to the court that there is probable cause to believe that the offenses charged in counts one and two have been committed and is guilty thereof.” The defense elected for an immediate arraignment on those charges. Larry Millete pleaded not guilty and waived his right for a speedy trial to be conducted within 60 days. Larry also faces one count of possession of an assault weapon when his trial begins on Sept. 14, 2023. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges. Next court hearing on 3/22/23.
for more info see post #586 (article) here:
[URL unfurl="false]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-30[/URL]

I am speechless!! Thank you for the recaps!!
Judge rules Larry Millete to stand trial for murder of missing wife, Maya

Defense Attorney Martinez asks if the Spells purchased by Larry from Spell Casters came true.

View attachment 397859
View attachment 397861
View attachment 397860

This news video is mainly with Maricris and Richard, Maya's Sister and BiL, but the headline tells how strange Larry's attorney's questions was to the Investigator.
‘Did The Spells Come True?': Question During Larry Millete Hearing Draws Gasps in Court
I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the DA Investigator’s face when Bonita queried him about the weather the spell worked. He looked at the judge as if asking for help Lolol

^^rsbm

Personally, this wouldn't be the first time I question if defense attorney Ms. Martinez shares Larry's beliefs (and answer why he retained her). JMO o_O
It honestly seems like it imo it's freaking nuts IMO the whole way it was like she was making this Maya's fault just awful . She's going to be nasty at trial I think. I think keeping her is going to get him a retrial after he's found guilty ughh jmvho

From one of the article - here it is in my notes:

“The court finds that corpus delicti requirement has been met for sufficiency of the evidence,” Moring said. “Based on the evidence presented in this preliminary hearing, it appears to the court that there is probable cause to believe that the offenses charged in counts one & two have been committed & is guilty thereof.” The defense elected for an immediate arraignment on those charges. Larry Millete pleaded not guilty & waived his right for a speedy trial to be conducted within 60 days. Larry also faces one count of possession of an assault weapon when his trial begins on Sept. 14, 2023 in Chula Vista.

Okay - Count 1 would be the murder - is Count 2 the possession of an assault weapon? or??

I can not find a court site that says what his actual charges are - anyone? TIA if you can help me! :)

From one of the article - here it is in my notes:

“The court finds that corpus delicti requirement has been met for sufficiency of the evidence,” Moring said. “Based on the evidence presented in this preliminary hearing, it appears to the court that there is probable cause to believe that the offenses charged in counts one & two have been committed & is guilty thereof.” The defense elected for an immediate arraignment on those charges. Larry Millete pleaded not guilty & waived his right for a speedy trial to be conducted within 60 days. Larry also faces one count of possession of an assault weapon when his trial begins on Sept. 14, 2023 in Chula Vista.

Okay - Count 1 would be the murder - is Count 2 the possession of an assault weapon? or??

I can not find a court site that says what his actual charges are - anyone? TIA if you can help me! :)

P. 7 of the AW

Charge
187 (A) PC Felony MURDER
30605 (A) PC Felony ILLEGALLY POSSES ANY ASSAULT WEAPON (F)

Received an alert from San Diego County DA:

HE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN ADDED FOR CASE CS319857:

Felony Readiness Conference scheduled for Mar 22 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 16.

Felony Jury Trial scheduled for Sep 14 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 16.

No link - from my emal.

from the court site though:

Defendant: Larry Ibarreta Millete Defense Counsel: Bonita Martinez
Court No. CS319857
Date: 03/22/2023
Time: 08:30 AM
Event: Felony Readiness Conference

Location: San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 16

link: Case Information, Search - San Diego County District Attorney

I see Bonita Martinez is still noted as his defense attorney--- GROAN.
I hope LM has sense enough to hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer before March 22 hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147