Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for LM's uncle and aunt to take the stand in the trial.
I haven't followed the thread in a while so may have my facts wrong; if so please correct me. If recollection serves me correct, they had something to do with the refrigerator early on, yes?

I also seem to recall some car referenced in front of LM's home very early in the morning the day MM disappeared, caught on video. Was that car and its owner identified?

What a sad and bizarre case, "spell casters" and all. It illustrates how far a twisted mind will go when they believe they are losing control of their "possession", if even 1/4 of what we've heard via the media is true.

But most of all, there are three little kids who have lost their mom, and effectively their father. Given the vitriol from LM's family towards MM, I think it's inappropriate that they are living with LM's parents. In the article linked below, it states: "...these children strongly believe that their maternal family has caused (their) father’s incarceration and it makes them uncomfortable around that side of the family. I’m not certain why they believe this, but they do.” That is very troubling. IMHO, and we'll see what the court decides, it would be much healthier for the children to be placed with MM's sister.
All just amateur opinion and speculation!

they feel that way because they have been coached to. clear as day.

Unfortunately I have not been able to access the court site.... ACK!! But I did not get any alerts that this hearing was cancelled - so will go ahead & post it.

Thursday, April 13th:
*Further Proceedings Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) & re-arraigned (1/25/23) with felony murder & felony possession of an assault weapon (a search warrant was served at the residence on 1/23/21. Detectives located a .223/5.56 rifle. The firearm is non-California complaint configuration & is an unlawful assault rifle in violation of 30605 PC, which is a felony). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21). Found mentally competent to stand trial (9/26/22).
*Larry Millete (39/now 41) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Guardianship Case: Family Court Case #37-2021-00046499: Tabalanza, Pabilot vs. Millete, Larry / Family Court Petition for Visitation Case #FL21005040S / Probate court site: San Diego.
Trial in June, 2023 (no specific date).
Larry Millete’s parents & May Millete’s sister are both seeking guardianship of the children.
Trial was set to begin on 9/14/23 continued on 10/9/23.

Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 1/24/23 reference post #588 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-30

1/25/23 Update: Day 10: State witnesses: San Diego County DA Investigator James Rhoades back on stand. Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles delivered more than 13 minutes of final arguments & attorney Bonita Martinez gave final arguments to Superior Court Judge Dwayne Moring. Both sides rested at the preliminary hearing. Judge Moring has ruled there is enough evidence for Millete to be tried on one count of murder. The decision came Wednesday, 1/25/23 exactly two weeks after the start of the preliminary hearing to determine whether the San Diego County District Attorney's Office has enough evidence -- despite never finding the body of the missing Chula Vista mother of three -- to convince a jury that her husband was behind her death. “The court finds that corpus delicti requirement has been met for sufficiency of the evidence,” Moring said. “Based on the evidence presented in this preliminary hearing, it appears to the court that there is probable cause to believe that the offenses charged in counts one (murder) & two (possession of an assault weapon) have been committed & is guilty thereof.” The defense elected for an immediate arraignment on those charges. Larry Millete pleaded not guilty & waived his right for a speedy trial to be conducted within 60 days. Larry also faces one count of possession of an assault weapon when his trial begins on Sept. 14, 2023 in Chula Vista. Next felony readiness conference hearing on 3/22/23.
for more info see post #586 (article) here:
[URL unfurl="false”]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-30[/URL]

3/22/23 Update; Motion for trial continuance-granted. Next felony readiness conference hearing on 5/11/23 @ 9am & motions hearing on 9/11/23 @ 8:30am & trial has been rescheduled to begin on 10/9/23 @ 9am.
4/4/23 Update: Further proceedings hearing set on 4/13/23.

Didn't see or hear any news on today's hearing.

Prayers going out to Maya and her Family.

I have not found anything either.

@Curious Me - can you access this:

and then on the left side it says "Look up a Case" - click on that & it will bring you to another tab. Put in his last name - and it should show when his next hearing is supposed to be.

I have on my notes there is a felony readiness conference on 5/11/23 @ 9am, a motions hearing on 9/11/23 @ 8:30am.

Just want to know IF there is a hearing before the 5/11/23 one.

TIA if you help me! :)

...I have on my notes there is a felony readiness conference on 5/11/23 @ 9am, a motions hearing on 9/11/23 @ 8:30am.

Just want to know IF there is a hearing before the 5/11/23 one.
There's nothing before May, @Niner.

May 11, 2023 9:00 Felony Readiness Conference
Sept. 11, 2023 8:30 Felony Other Motion Hearing
Oct. 9, 2023 9:00 Felony Jury Trial

C8F66D6C-A391-4B40-89C5-AE1E39B8C074.jpegEAC27B7A-890F-45F3-B7BB-322E4425313C.jpeg
Here’s to your Birthday & Mothers Day coming up beautiful not forgotten Maya ❤️

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU, MAYA.
Praying for JUSTICE AND TRUTH for You & Your Family.

1682983716888.png

You live on in all our memories.
May the Light find you soon.

1682983511461.png

Thursday, May 11th:
*Felony Readiness Hearing (@ 9am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) & re-arraigned (1/25/23) with felony murder & felony possession of an assault weapon (a search warrant was served at the residence on 1/23/21. Detectives located a .223/5.56 rifle. The firearm is non-California complaint configuration & is an unlawful assault rifle in violation of 30605 PC, which is a felony). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21). Found mentally competent to stand trial (9/26/22).
*Larry Millete (39/now 41) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Guardianship Case: Family Court Case #37-2021-00046499: Tabalanza, Pabilot vs. Millete, Larry / Family Court Petition for Visitation Case / Probate court site: San Diego.
Trial in June, 2023 (no specific date).
Larry Millete’s parents & May Millete’s sister are both seeking guardianship of the children.
Trial set to begin on 10/9/23.

Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 3/22/23 reference post #622 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-32

4/4/23 Update: Further proceedings hearing set on 4/13/23. Then felony readiness conference hearing on 5/11/23 @ 9am & motions hearing on 9/11/23 @ 8:30am & trial has been rescheduled to begin on 10/9/23 @ 9am.
4/13/23 Update: Next felony readiness conference hearing on 5/11/23.

This first one is scheduled for today. It appears things are moving along towards the October trial.

Defendant - Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel - Bonita Martinez
Court No. CS319857
Date 05/11/2023 Time 09:00 AM
Judge Event
Felony Readiness Conference
Location - San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10
Court No. CS319857
Date 09/11/2023
Time 08:30 AM
Judge Event
Felony Other Motion Hearing
Location - San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10
Date 10/09/2023
Time 09:00 AM
Judge Event
Felony Jury Trial

Larry Millete, 41, is set to go to trial in October on charges of murdering the children’s mother, May “Maya” Millete, who has not been seen or heard from since Jan. 7, 2021.

Chula Vista Superior Judge Enrique Camarena denied the request and said that even if he imposed some restrictions, Millete’s prior violations of court orders “doesn’t give me too much confidence that he would abide by my order in any event.”

Millete’s defense attorney, Bonita Martinez, had asked the judge to consider altering the order. In court Thursday, Martinez told Camarena the ongoing restrictions were harming the emotional and mental wellbeing of her client and his children.

Martinez said the children have said they want to speak with their father. Currently, communications between Millete and the children are first reviewed by a court-appointed guardian ad litem, who redacts certain portions before passing letters on to the children and vice versa.

The attorney said not being able to communicate directly with his children has left Millete “engulfed in anguish” and is hindering his ability to help her in his defense for the upcoming murder trial.

Judge denied his request for the court to modify the Protection Order in regards to communicating with his children. Denied, he has to continue to only communicate through writing letters. This is because he violated the rules before.
Next court date July 6th.

Last edited:
Please watch the video and hear what DA Bowles has to say. She says the children are victims, and frankly witnesses in this case. MOO, don't feel sorry for Larry, he has shown what a spoiled brat he was brought up to be. MOO, he murdered Maya and ruined his children's lives.

DA Bowles at 1:12 mark of video

Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles opposed the modification, stating that Millete initially violated the protective order in late 2021 by making "hundreds" of phone calls to the children. (at all hours) Another judge limited Millete's phone privileges at the jail when prosecutors brought up the issue.

Bowles said since then, Millete has attempted to make 66 phone calls by using other inmates' pin numbers. Two of those calls got through to his father, and the prosecutor said Millete urged his father, "Don't use my name," indicating he was aware he was circumventing the court order.

Bowles also cited evidence presented at the preliminary hearing, which she said showed Millete had a history of manipulating family members. Millete's wife also expressed concerns that he would harm the children, the prosecutor said.

MOO, he's the one who ruined his children's childhoods. I hope Maya is found soon. The children need to fully understand that she did not voluntarily leave them, and know what their father actually did. Larry chose to murder their mother, and now he's left them with his parents to raise. How do we know... maybe the kids feel safer with him gone? MOO, he's using his children to circumvent the rules. There's plenty of fathers in jail & prisons. Parenthood can't be used like some kind of advantage token for poor whiney Larry. All JMO though.

"The children had been in good health until they arrested him," Martinez said. "I don't see why we couldn't give the children the benefit to hear from their father again ... why punish the children?"

His defense attorney, Bonita Martinez, lodged a request to have that order altered. During a Thursday morning hearing she told Judge Enrique Camarena the ongoing restrictions were harming the emotional and mental wellbeing of her client and his children.

Wow --Just noticed the change in from Judge Moring. o_O

Is Judge Camarena going to be the trial judge on this case?

For anybody familiar with NARCOS: Mexico, Seasons 1-2, Judge Enrique Camarena is the fallen DEA (Undercover) Agent Kiki Camarena's son.

Kiki Camarena - Wikipedia

5/11/23

Other Developments in the May "Maya" Millete Case​

Court watchers may remember that the preliminary hearing in the case, which lasted nearly two weeks in January, was held in the downtown San Diego courthouse and was presided over by Judge Dwayne Moring, who had been hearing the case up till that point and had been transferred to the courthouse in San Diego, a court official, Emily Cox, told NBC 7 on Thursday. However, the case has been reassigned to the South Bay courthouse, the jurisdiction where the crime is alleged to have occurred, and Camarena will preside over the trial in Chula Vista, Cox said.

[..]

In a recent hearing, Maya's sister Maricris Drouaillet filed court papers to have a conservator take control of Maya's estate in her absence. The documents stated that foreclosure proceedings were started on the Milletes' Chula Vista home by their lender due to missed mortgage payments and that "sufficient funds do not exist to continue making payments on the mortgage and maintain the house." A hearing has been set for Aug. 10 regarding the conservatorship.

Larry will be back in court in July for a status conference. His murder trial, which is set to begin Oct. 9, is expected to last for two months.

Interesting happenings here.

I'm afraid many things will be impacting the Millete children this fall besides the trial. The only home they've ever known is in foreclosure now. I hope the court will finally see the benefit of transitioning the children from Larry's parents so they can begin residing with Maricris.

I think Larry is probably breaking everybody. Attorney fees, maintenance of the children, PITI, -- where does it end with him?

...Next court date July 6th.
...The documents stated that foreclosure proceedings were started on the Milletes' Chula Vista home by their lender due to missed mortgage payments and that "sufficient funds do not exist to continue making payments on the mortgage and maintain the house."
A hearing has been set for Aug. 10 regarding the conservatorship.
I heard July 6th on the news video I posted. Your article says August 10th. The DA also has a September 11th date listed on their site. Confusing for me, as there are several issues, I think, separate from the murder trial and those dates. @Niner, are you able to keep track of these?

Anyways, I found the article you posted @Seattle1, the most interesting about the house payments not being made. Whoa, that's a big deal. This concerns me for the children's sake. It could mean Marichris and Richard will have more of a chance. Either way, Larry created all this upheaval for his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005