Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

5/8/23

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — The Chula Vista house of missing woman Maya Millete may soon be sold, according to court filings asking a judge to appoint a conservator over the estate.

Maya's husband, Larry Millete, remains in jail, charged with murdering his wife.

The couple’s three children have lived in the family's home on Paseo Los Gatos under the custody of the paternal grandparents since Millete’s arrest a year and a half ago,

[..]

The house currently cannot be sold without a court-appointed conservator to sign paperwork on Maya's behalf.

The property has about $600,000 in equity, according to Bonita Martinez, the attorney representing both Larry Millete and his parents.

“There's no income coming from Larry and Maya. There's just no income at all. So, the bank gave [Larry's parents] a forbearance not to pay the mortgage for a year,” Martinez said in a phone interview with CBS 8.
Martinez said she is not opposed to appointing a conservator and selling the property.

She said Larry’s parents plan to stay in Chula Vista, so the three children remain in the same schools.

"A neighbor offered their house to be rented to them. Any time they want to move, they're ready to take them,” Martinez said.

Meanwhile, the battle over guardianship of the Millete children continues in San Diego probate court between Larry's parents and Maya's sister. Both sides are arguing over visitation during the summer months. At a hearing Monday, the judge said a final decision on custody of the children likely will not be made until after Larry's murder trial is concluded.

I heard July 6th on the news video I posted. Your article says August 10th. The DA also has a September 11th date listed on their site. Confusing for me, as there are several issues, I think, separate from the murder trial and those dates. @Niner, are you able to keep track of these?

Anyways, I found the article you posted @Seattle1, the most interesting about the house payments not being made. Whoa, that's a big deal. This concerns me for the children's sake. It could mean Marichris and Richard will have more of a chance. Either way, Larry created all this upheaval for his children.

Take note the Aug 10 hearing has nothing to do with the criminal trial. It's specifically about the conservatorship over Maya's estate (as requested at the May 8 hearing) to allow the residence sold.

I thought posting Conservatorship Hearing on Aug 10 in larger pica would differentiate the matter from the criminal trial but I guess I was wrong!

Curious Me said:
snipped....
I heard July 6th on the news video I posted. Your article says August 10th. The DA also has a September 11th date listed on their site. Confusing for me, as there are several issues, I think, separate from the murder trial and those dates. @Niner, are you able to keep track of these?

Yes, I believe so - here is what I have:

Murder - next status conference hearing on 7/6/23 & motions hearing on 9/11/23.

Conservatorship - Next hearing on 8/10/23.
and

the Guardianship - trial is supposed to start in June, 2024 with no specific date. Last hearing I have was a status hearing on 11/5/22.

Jan 26, 2023

She said prosecutors could offer Larry Millete a plea bargain in exchange for the location of Maya's remains.

“Yes, the prosecutors could make a plea deal at the behest of (Maya’s) family to give him a deal of less than first-degree murder,” von Helms said.

Millete is facing 25 years to life if convicted of murder. If he made a plea deal for second-degree murder, Millete could be eligible for parole in 15 years.

“The family wants closure. They want to know exactly what happened to their loved one. And if he can provide that information, which he doesn't have to provide, that may help them work with the District Attorney's office to offer him a sentencing number that he is comfortable with,” said von Helms.

Hypothetically, for a plea deal to happen, Millete would have to tell investigators where Maya's body is and how he killed her. That's because he would face more prison time if, for example, he used a firearm to commit the crime.

As for the family of Maya Millete, her sister previously told CBS 8 that she is open to anything that helps find Maya.

Seattle1 from article said:
snipped...

Meanwhile, the battle over guardianship of the Millete children continues in San Diego probate court between Larry's parents and Maya's sister. Both sides are arguing over visitation during the summer months. At a hearing Monday, the judge said a final decision on custody of the children likely will not be made until after Larry's murder trial is concluded.

Seattle1 said:
snipped...

Take note the Aug 10 hearing has nothing to do with the criminal trial. It's specifically about the conservatorship over Maya's estate (as requested at the May 8 hearing) to allow the residence sold.

Since I could not access the article you posted in the snipped quote - I was going to ask about what Monday hearing? And you answered me in your next post!

I do believe I have everything straight.... :rolleyes: :cool:

Oh - and @Curious Me - you might want to check the court site - like tomorrow & see if the 7/6 hearing is posted yet.

I just tried again to access the court site - but no go... I did sign up for any updates on his case - so hopefully - I will get one on his next hearing. And if I do - I shall post it.
:)

and

the Guardianship - trial is supposed to start in June, 2024 with no specific date. Last hearing I have was a status hearing on 11/5/22.
As I said, I find it confusing for me, but you and @Seattle1 have it sorted out fine. Thanks, @Niner for laying it out as you see it.

and

As I said, I find it confusing for me, but you and @Seattle1 have it sorted out fine. Thanks, @Niner for laying it out as you see it.

Just a small correction - I have moved my Guardianship notes to May 8th since that is the last hearing date for that. :)

Oh - and @Curious Me - you might want to check the court site - like tomorrow & see if the 7/6 hearing is posted yet.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I checked tonight and no new dates. Will all the different categories (Murder, Conservatorship, Guardianship) and the dates show up in one place on the DA's site? It seems there'd be different case numbers. Tired tonight.​

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I checked tonight and no new dates. Will all the different categories (Murder, Conservatorship, Guardianship) and the dates show up in one place on the DA's site? It seems there'd be different case numbers. Tired tonight.​

No - just the murder case is the link I gave you is what I am looking from you! :)
I do not believe you need to find the other 2 cases - as I have a court site for guardianship, but does not give info on anything - really. We can get the next court dates from articles.

I just tried again to access the court site - but no go... I did sign up for any updates on his case - so hopefully - I will get one on his next hearing. And if I do - I shall post it.
:)
Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
09/11/2023
Time
08:30 AM
Judge
Event
Felony Other Motion Hearing
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
10/09/2023
Time
09:00 AM
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10

@Niner - there is nothing on the docket as of today for July 6. I didn't see this date in a print article but I guess it was heard during the broadcast.

Larry will be back in court in July for a status conference. His murder trial, which is set to begin Oct. 9, is expected to last for two months.

@Niner -- did not hear a date for the status conference at this link, the reporter only cited July.

Larry will be back in court in July for a status conference. His murder trial, which is set to begin Oct. 9, is expected to last for two months.

@Niner -- did not hear a date for the status conference at this link, the reporter only cited July.

nope just heard her say July.... and the article itself says July.

I shall wait & see if I get a Notice from the D.A.'s office that I signed up for.

The attorneys of Larry Millete, 41, requested that the court modify a protective ordering involving him and his three children. Currently, he’s only allowed to reach out to them through writing letters and those letters must first be reviewed by a court-appointed guardian.

On the contrary, prosecutors pointed out that Millete ignored a court order not to contact his children when he was first taken into custody. They say he attempted to make more than 60 phone calls by using other inmates pins.

Millete’s request to contact or see his children was denied in court Thursday.

His next court appearance is scheduled for July 2023.

Got my Alert from the SD DA's office! Looks like next hearing on 7/7 - not the 6th.

District Attorney Case Notification <DistrictAttorneyCaseNotification@sdcda.org>

10:46 AM (21 minutes ago)

e
THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN ADDED FOR CASE CS319857:

Felony Readiness Conference scheduled for Jul 7 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 10.

Another Alert! Looks like they changed it back to what the article had as a date.

District Attorney Case Notification <DistrictAttorneyCaseNotification@sdcda.org>

10:46 AM (1 hour ago)

Further Proceedings scheduled for Jul 6 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 10.

OR - ??
Maybe both dates are scheduled?

@Seattle1 - unfortunately, for some reason I can not access the S.D. court site anymore - can you see if BOTH dates are listed - or just the 7/6 one?

TIA! :)

Another Alert! Looks like they changed it back to what the article had as a date.

10:46 AM (1 hour ago)

Further Proceedings scheduled for Jul 6 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 10.

OR - ??
Maybe both dates are scheduled?

@Seattle1 - unfortunately, for some reason I can not access the S.D. court site anymore - can you see if BOTH dates are listed - or just the 7/6 one?

TIA! :)

The Court site shows 4 events for the case number:

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
07/06/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Further Proceedings

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
07/07/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Readiness Conference

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
09/11/2023
Time
Judge
Event

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
10/09/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial

The Court site shows 4 events for the case number:

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
07/06/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Further Proceedings

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
07/07/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Readiness Conference

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
09/11/2023
Time
Judge
Event

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Bonita Martinez
Court No.
CS319857
Date
10/09/2023
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial

Okay - and I have ALL these dates in my notes! Cool! :)

and THANKS for checking that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member