Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just came in from outside, and caught the tail end of something that occurred in the courtroom today having to do with the custody of the children and Maricris was there. Can't find it posted yet. Sorry, they keep doing this to me.

Just came in from outside, and caught the tail end of something that occurred in the courtroom today having to do with the custody of the children and Maricris was there. Can't find it posted yet. Sorry, they keep doing this to me.

Interesting. I'm not aware of any scheduled hearing in family court today.

8/16/23

Two and a half years after Chula Vista mother of three Maya Millete was last seen at her home on Paseo Los Gatos, a judge has appointed a conservator for her estate and granted that fiduciary permission to sell her home, as well as her vehicles and other property.

Judge Olga Alvarez appointed Kaitlyn Welling of Foster Thornton Welling as conservator on Aug. 10, 2023, having been petitioned to do so in April by Maya's sister, Maricris Drouaillet.

[..]

Last week's conservatorship ruling is an attempt by Drouaillet to preserve the value of Maya's estate, presumably to aid her children in the future or, potentially, provide financial assistance to their current caregivers, Larry's parents. By granting the powers to the conservator Welling that she did, Alvarez ruled, she was seeking to "reduce the strain on judicial resources" that would result if Welling had to repeatedly get input from the interested parties in all stages of the transactions connected to the estate's liquidation.

[..]

In July, Larry's attorney Bonita Martinez argued before the court that he needed money to hire expert witnesses and investigators to support his defense. She also said she's hoping a hearing to appoint a conservator to handle the couple's shared assets will result in her client getting some funding to pay for his defense.

However, on Thursday, the court ruled that all "funds from the sales proceeds shall be placed into a blocked account given the uncertainty as to what portion of the funds belong to the conservatee," with Maya being the conservatee.

[..]

Larry's murder trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 16.

Meanwhile, all the parties involved in last week's conservatorship hearing are due back in court Sept. 1 to discuss the sale of the property and "the housing plan for the children," according to Thursday's ruling.

8/11/23

The house in Chula Vista, where Maya Millete disappeared from in January 2021, is now listed for sale on the open market, with an estimated value of $1.2 million. Maricris Drouaillet, Maya’s sister, petitioned the court to sell the couple’s home. On Tuesday, Judge Olga Alvarez granted the request and approved the house sale.

The money from the sale will go into a blocked account. Another hearing is scheduled for December to decide which part belongs to Maya and which part belongs to Larry (Maya’s husband).

During last Thursday’s hearing, it was said that the children would remain with Larry’s family and in the Chula Vista community.

Finally, found it posted by the news station. I knew it wasn't my imagination. Lots of info here about how the children are doing. MOO, sounds like the visitation did not go smoothly, and that's concerning.

Posted: Aug 22, 2023 / 10:07 PM PDT /Updated: Aug 22, 2023 / 10:07 PM

The guardianship case for the Millete children is moving forward, with a trial date now set.

[...]

The judge set a trial date for Jan. 5, 2024. It is anticipated to be a five to seven day-long trial with approximately 12 witnesses called. After, there will be a decision about who the legal guardians of the three Millete children should be.

...the youngest just started first grade. He is in counseling, but he was described as “brilliant and flourishing.”
...said the two girls — now in their teens — just went back to school as well. After school, the two are playing basketball and doing taekwondo.... The judge during Tuesday’s hearing did voice concern that the two girls had not been in counseling all summer.
She added that the summer visitations with Maya’s family have been “rough.” The visitations had to be cut short, James explained, and during a few of the visitations, the girls refused to leave the room. No further details about these visitations were discussed in court.

News Video:

Larry is out of money....wants to be able to access house funds from the conservatorship.

From the Article above:
Camarena eventually ruled to allow the delay but that on the next hearing date — scheduled for Oct. 10 — he wanted a decision about whether Martinez would be staying on as Larry's defense attorney or he would need to appoint a public defender for him. Should a public defender be appointed, court watchers can expect a significant delay while Larry's prospective attorney gets caught up on the case.
More recently, Martinez requested the criminal trial be delayed until July 2024 and if LM is not allowed to access funds from the sale of the residence to pay for Martinez's legal services, she will have to withdraw as counsel. It's believed if new counsel is appointed, the murder trial will be delayed until 2025.

During the hearing, Martinez requested a delay, but that was met with opposition from Finkbeiner and the judge, Olga Alvarez. Finkbeiner said this case has been going on for far too long and the three children “need and deserve” a plan to move forward.

Larry is set to face trial for the alleged murder of his wife in January 2024 — a date set after several delays. His trial is estimated to last between two to three months, but it could be pushed back again.

Larry and his counsel requested the start of his murder trial to be pushed to next year in July, citing an impending inability to pay for Martinez’s services. The judge in the case gave Larry until the next status conference on Oct. 10 to figure out these funding issues.

If he cannot afford her counsel, she will have no choice but to release herself from the case. In that case, the murder trial would likely be postponed again for at least a year, as to allow a public defender to take over the case and be prepared for trial.

8/22/23 - San Diego Fox5

Finally, found it posted by the news station. I knew it wasn't my imagination. Lots of info here about how the children are doing. MOO, sounds like the visitation did not go smoothly, and that's concerning.

The guardianship case for the Millete children is moving forward, with a trial date now set.

[...]

The judge set a trial date for Jan. 5, 2024. It is anticipated to be a five to seven day-long trial with approximately 12 witnesses called. After, there will be a decision about who the legal guardians of the three Millete children should be.

News Video:
He kills her, hides her body.
Then gets to use the house money she helped earn & the children she birthed & raised to dodge accountability. Sounds like what happened with Suzanne Morphew IMO.
He’s got his kids tucked away with his parents with no counseling. So if he’s found not guilty he gets to slide back into his plan A and carry on. Said children are basically living with the story of a mom that strayed, ran off and/or met with foul play.

From your link ;

Moo

Okay... some questions... :)

Seattle1 from article post #723]snipped...

Meanwhile, all the parties involved in last week's conservatorship hearing are due back in court Sept. 1 to discuss the sale of the property and "the housing plan for the children," according to Thursday's ruling.

Seattle1 from article post #724]snipped...

The money from the sale will go into a blocked account. Another hearing is scheduled for December to decide which part belongs to Maya and which part belongs to Larry (Maya’s husband).

hmmm... Next 9/1 or in December.... ??

Curious Me from article said:
snipped...

But... but... I have this in my notes for the Guardianship case:

*Guardianship Case: Family Court Case The judge said a final decision on custody of the children likely will not be made until after Larry's murder trial is concluded.

?? The murder trial does not start until 1/16/24.

Okay - while updating all this new stuff - I came across this note:

*Guardianship Case: Family Court Case #37-2021-00046499: Tabalanza, Pabilot vs. Millete, Larry / Family Court Petition for Visitation Case #FL21005040S / Probate court site: San Diego.

Trial in June, 2024 (no specific date).

Maybe someone... @Seattle1 - could find the real dates for this case? :)

hmmm... Next 9/1 or in December.... ??
I believe both dates are applicable for each issue. Sept 1 came up at Tuesday's hearing which was specific to matters involving the children, and December was proposed during the 8/10 hearing to address the division of monies available to LM if any. In other words, I doubt the home and vehicles will be sold and the money sitting in the locked account by Sept 1. JMO

?? The murder trial does not start until 1/16/24.

[...]

Relative to the conflicting dates for custody matters, from the beginning, the court tried to coordinate a decision on the guardianship of the minor children at the conclusion of their father's murder trial which made sense before a series of delays started pushing this trial out to the current date of January 16, 2024 (or possible July 2024 if Martinez latest request is granted). If Martinez withdraws and new counsel is appointed, LM's trial is not likely until 2025.

From the news report following the 8/22/23 guardianship hearing, all the parties including the court and the representatives for the children seem to want a resolution on the custody of the children sooner than later.

IMO, I think the forced sale of their residence and the physical move are factors the court considered in moving the guardianship hearing up ahead of the murder trial date. The grandparents also need to know if they need a multi-bedroom lease or just a one-bedroom when they relocate.

The delay in a decision for permanent placement of the children between LM's parents and Auntie Maricris (MD) has ultimately been a double-edged sword. The GAU attempted to introduce visitation with MD/MM's family which hasn't gone over with much enthusiasm by the minors from the start-- having only lived under the roof of the Millete multi-generational household. Then add two years under the roof of one family that's long blamed the petitioner (MD) as to why their son/dad is in jail, and we are witnessing the continued poisoning where most recently, the two older children refused to come out of their rooms to visit their Aunt.

And to be clear, we can't place all the blame on the environment since it's not unusual for children to take the side of the only parent they have remaining-- no matter the strength of the evidence against the father.

LM sure made a mess of the lives of his children and his wife's family. He's an evil, selfish little man. JMO

[...]

News Video:
Ugh… that’s so sad for Maya’s family.

I believe both dates are applicable for each issue. Sept 1 came up at Tuesday's hearing which was specific to matters involving the children, and December was proposed during the 8/10 hearing to address the division of monies available to LM if any. In other words, I doubt the home and vehicles will be sold and the money sitting in the locked account by Sept 1. JMO

Thanks (again!) for the info! :)

There was a Jane Doe added to NAMUS today from Alpine CA - I wonder if this could be Maya
30 miles from Chula Vista...
Size 7 shoe sounds a bit big for a woman 5'2", but certainly possible.
There was no indication if teeth were found, which would make identification much easier.
But running shoes and shorts sounds consistent with her sporty lifestyle....

I think this is the closest we have come; it could very well be her earthly remains. It just adds up.
Prayers for her family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
"...He’s got his kids tucked away with his parents with no counseling. So if he’s found not guilty he gets to slide back into his plan A and carry on. Said children are basically living with the story of a mom that strayed, ran off and/or met with foul play...."
Snipped and BBM for focused reply.
Fear not. He's going down. No doubt in my mind.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There was a Jane Doe added to NAMUS today from Alpine CA - I wonder if this could be Maya
Thank You for posting this ^^^ info.
...I think this is the closest we have come; it could very well be her earthly remains....
It is checking some boxes. It could be. Dare we hope? It just seems they would know if it's Maya by now and release the bombshell news.
Silver diva shorts...
I'm hopeful. It's going to happen sometime, please, please, the sooner the better. All MOO here, I didn't picture him going to Alpine, but it is on the way out of town on the Interstate 8.

Maya seemed to wear a lot of black. Converse shoes, hmm not sure. I'm 5'2" and used to wear a size 7 shoe, but now feet grew a size. There's all styles of the brand "Silver Diva", but I had to look up some examples because they sounded shimmery, but most aren't actually glittery after all.

I tried to look at some pics of Maya out in her sporty attire. Everytime I see how vibrant a person she was, how often she hugged her children and loved them, well, it makes me sad to think she's gone. Praying.

1693457951594.png

Black Silver Diva Shorts some examples:

1693456252883.png1693457096024.png1693456275164.png

Help Find May Official FB

One more thing. Both the shorts and the shoes are said to be "near the body". That makes me think it may not be her because it doesn't seem she'd be undressed before the body was dumped. Not dressed how LM hinted she might be found. A more important question to me... Not wrapped in any sheet or blanket? Almost sounds like a victim of rape. However, it depends on how long the remains have been out there. Perhaps they mean the body had been out there for awhile and the items were very close.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back