Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
vanished.jpg

Had a very busy day and I'm too tired to look into this much tonight, but wanted to share it with all of you. The local news7 announced that they plan to do a series of podcasts about Maya every Friday.
Podcast on Chula Vista Mother Maya Millete’s Disappearance and Investigation – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

Links hear if you want to listen: San Diego Podcasts (nbcstations.com)

NBC 7 San Diego Podcasts: Coverage You Count On – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

Last edited:
On my list I have - guardianship hearing on 1/19 & visitations on 1/25 - so those are no longer on the schedule? Just want to make sure I have everything right! TIA!

For visitation, this is the only date that I think is questionable:

The case continues in Family Court with the next hearing set for February 25, 2022 at 8:45 a.m. in Dept. S-17 of the Chula Vista Courthouse. The family court case is somewhat moot, at this point, as a probate judge in a separate guardianship case has granted weekly visitation (see below).

Wednesday, January 19th:
*Guardianship Trial Hearing (re children’s custody) (@ 8:45am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21).
*Larry Millete (39/now 40) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Prosecutors say Larry Millete sought help from “spellcasters” he found online, in the hopes that magic would make her want to stay. According to San Diego County DA Summer Stephan, Millete’s requests grew darker. He asked the spellcasters that his wife be incapacitated, that she have an accident & break her bones so she would stay at home. In one message to the spellcasters, the subject line read: “Obey Me Spell to Dominate & Control & Bend her Will.” Prosecutors said he also researched plants like hemlock & pharmaceutical drugs possibly used to incapacitate.
Case info from 1/7/21 thru 12/6/21 reference post #105 here:
CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

12/8/21 Update: GVRO: No hearing unless Millete responded in opposition to the Order. Murder: Preliminary exam readiness hearing on 12/16/21 & preliminary exam hearing on 2/28/22. Guardianship: The next hearing will be trial on the children’s custody has been scheduled on 1/19/22. But defense attorneys are seeking a continuance due to discovery not being available or turned over. Visitations: The case continues in Family Court with the next hearing set for 2/25/22 @ 845 a.m. in Dept. S-17 of the Chula Vista Courthouse.
12/16/21 Update: Murder: Inside chambers of San Diego County Superior Court Judge Dwayne Moring, prosecutors & the defense were debating the details of a protective order, forbidding public release of discovery evidence. The office of the San Diego County DA had filed the proposed protective order to make sure evidence turned over to the defense did not get released to the public or posted on the Internet before trial. But defense attorney Bonita Martinez refused to sign off on the order as she thought the language in the protective order was too vague, according to a motion filed this week by the DA. After the hour-long delay, Martinez returned to the courtroom & signed the order. The order covers 246 pages of evidence, 16 hard drives with media & 100 police body cam videos that the district attorney wants kept secret, records said. Preliminary exam readiness hearing on 2/28/22 at 1:30pm & 4/14/22 at 8:30am for the preliminary hearing.

Wednesday, January 19th:*Guardianship Trial Hearing (re children’s custody) (@ 8:45am PT) -...

It did happen. Once again, heard the hearing happened today on the news report, but no article posted by the local news stations yet. (I waste more time trying to hunt down what I heard on the news.) Hopefully, someone will post the article later.

Watch Live | FOX 5 San Diego

Ran across this as I was searching for today's Guardianship hearing articles. Sorting out the 4 court cases against Larry Millete | cbs8.com

Okay - never mind @cvaldez1975 - I found this youtube video

April 25th is the next hearing for Guardianship.
^^bbm

Yay - glad you found it @Niner. (Maricris initially wanted the 1/19 guardianship hearing rescheduled-- citing discovery issues with LM's attorney but the children's GAL advised the court to go ahead with 1/19 hearing because they had items for the court).

I don't expect the Visitation Petition case below to continue since this was the matter filed not by Maricris but by Maya's parents prior to LM's arrest. Since the arrest followed by Maricris filing her own case going for guardianship, the earlier petition is a moot point.

Family Court Petition for Visitation (Case # FL21005040S):

[..]

The case continues in Family Court with the next hearing set for February 25, 2022 at 8:45 a.m. in Dept. S-17 of the Chula Vista Courthouse.

Thanks for the Heads Up. I'm going to watch it, but will probably cry some. LM and his wanting to put a HEX on Maya to make her have to stay will be revealed in all it's nasty intention. He set this all in motion. Prayers for the Children and Maya's Family.

I just shared this on a sidebar thread. Maya can not be forgotten. She needs to be found. There needs to be full Justice for her.

millete-missing-poster.jpg

Video Preview here shows the vast desert-- Police say husband asked spellcasters to hex his wife before she disappeared - CBS News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734