CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the news video I wanted to post last night before today's search. Maya's sister says the 4 yr. old son is starting to ask more for his mother. At the 01:24 mark, (see family photo of Maya's family) the sister says Maya's father just had his birthday and he didn't have Maya there.

Third search planned for missing Chula Vista - One News Page VIDEO

From the article:
Maya’s sister and her sister’s husband organized another volunteer search party, meeting at Mount San Miguel Park and combing through the Proctor Valley area.
(bolded by me)

WS poster @InSoCal suggested Proctor Valley Road, too, and implied it’s a rather spooky area. Not sure why.
In earlier posts, we were told of a fire that happened on the morning of 1/7 somewhere on Proctor Valley Road, too.

WS poster @InSoCal suggested Proctor Valley Road, too, and implied it’s a rather spooky area. Not sure why.
Do you ever use google maps? Use their regular map, start by going to Mount San Miguel Park, Chula Vista. You'll find Proctor Valley Rd. a little south of that and Liberty School. Then, switch to the satellite map and you can even google walk all the way down Proctor Valley Rd.

Do you ever use google maps? Use their regular map, start by going to Mount San Miguel Park, Chula Vista. You'll find Proctor Valley Rd. a little south of that and Liberty School. Then, switch to the satellite map and you can even google walk all the way down Proctor Valley Rd.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at/for. it's the hills, it's suburbia? Looks fairly typical, strip malls, a lot of housing. Over on the east there's Hunte Parkway, a restricted-access road? Electrical substation to the north?

I was google walking the area last night and found "Wild Mans Canyon" and that looked spooky to me, but it's near the San Miguel substation. It's really populated all around there. Proctor Valley Rd. is less populated, it leads into other towns, lots of empty land, but I see houses on the hills. You could probably "
"unload" something if you're quick enough and know the area. MOO, there's probably any number of places going towards Bonita or Spring Valley. @InSoCal knows that area and might have specific spots in mind.

One thing we commonly do in the investigative world is “understand the painting”. What does this mean?

You focus in on the answers they give you to questions you didn’t ask. Eg. Larry sharing that they’ve had issues for over a year.

And you focus in on the truths they don’t share. Eg. Why a locked door?

The goal is to understand what painting of the situation the suspected individuals are trying to paint for you and what potential motive exists behind it.

You be the judge.

Hoping their search warrant allowed them to get as much pieces of the puzzle as possible. You’d be surprised. Even the air filter in a car or dirt on the mud flaps could narrow in on a specific pollen/dirt from certain geographical areas. Either to target a search area, or connect a finding.

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Volunteers Search Near Maya Millete's Home

From the article....if it hasn't already been posted:
Maricris Drouaillet told FOX 5 last week that police assured her they’re working on something but it’s unclear what.

“All we think about is her, and where she could be,” Maricris’ husband Richard Drouaillet said. “The family’s just broken down right now. … It’s really sad to see my wife cry every night.”
[...]
Millete’s husband, Larry, wasn’t at the search on Saturday or any other searches since his wife’s disappearance. He has asked for privacy while staying at home with their three kids.

“Yeah, it’d be nice to see him out here, you know, but I’m sure he does miss her, and I’m sure he’s probably broken at home,” Richard Drouaillet said.

I was google walking the area last night and found "Wild Mans Canyon" and that looked spooky to me, but it's near the San Miguel substation. It's really populated all around there. Proctor Valley Rd. is less populated, it leads into other towns, lots of empty land, but I see houses on the hills. You could probably "
"unload" something if you're quick enough and know the area. MOO, there's probably any number of places going towards Bonita or Spring Valley. @InSoCal knows that area and might have specific spots in mind.
That whole area is relatively 25 years or so, new. before that there was nothing around from the 805 freeway to jamul/highway 94. there were only a few roads that went from the 805 to highway 94 further east. Telegraph canyon road (aka L Street West of the 805) will take you East to highway 94. proctor valley road will take you East to highway 94. Sweetwater road used to take you that direction but now it is a toll road called the 125 (sort of). All of those are really close to that neighborhood. of course the 125 is full of cameras. The border to mexico, if you got on that toll road, is only 20 minutes away. Proctor valley road was the "haunted one. Google it. PVR starts west of their neighborhood in sunnyside, and then it's developed for a while in their neighborhood, and then it starts again undeveloped to jamul. I can't imagine any way going west from that neighborhood without being on hundreds of cameras, except going down to proctor valley road and taking it NW to sunnyside or driving about five blocks through a new development before it starts up again going east. Once you get to the 94, you're gone. All of this is 20 minute drive, max.

I'm still on the fence...though one foot is dangling MUCH lower than the other one....

If I went missing regardless of how or why, I would WANT my husband to stay home with the young children, comfort them and keep some kind of routine and schedule that doesn't keep them away from home or leave them with people they don't know well. However, I'm fairly certain that he WOULD leave them with family and friends and search anyways. Lack of participation in the search and vigils is the foremost reason I have one foot close to the ground. Prayers for Maya and her family, especially the children.

I'm still on the fence...though one foot is dangling MUCH lower than the other one....

If I went missing regardless of how or why, I would WANT my husband to stay home with the young children, comfort them and keep some kind of routine and schedule that doesn't keep them away from home or leave them with people they don't know well. However, I'm fairly certain that he WOULD leave them with family and friends and search anyways. Lack of participation in the search and vigils is the foremost reason I have one foot close to the ground. Prayers for Maya and her family, especially the children.
As I posted up thread, he seems angry at her, and some of his comments seem to indicate his speculation that she ran off.
Given the reported devotion to her kids, that seems improbable.

I’m waiting for more info as well. I remain open minded. Prayers for all who love this vibrant gal.

amateur opinion and speculation

For those of you on the fence, or precariously hanging off the edge :) What is your theory other than the husband did it? How did she leave the house? I'm genuinely curious and open minded, but I can only see one thing, and I need some brainstorming ideas here.

If I went missing I would hope my husband would do everything he could to help find me-be an example for my son. No I wouldn’t want him to take our kid and go do recovery/locate searches but I would hope he would take our son and knock on doors, hang fliers and talk with people in the community. My son would grow up and realize he had a part in trying to find me and know that his father did the same.

If I went missing I would hope my husband would do everything he could to help find me-be an example for my son. No I wouldn’t want him to take our kid and go do recovery/locate searches but I would hope he would take our son and knock on doors, hang fliers and talk with people in the community. My son would grow up and realize he had a part in trying to find me and know that his father did the same.
Bam!!!

For those of you on the fence, or precariously hanging off the edge :) What is your theory other than the husband did it? How did she leave the house? I'm genuinely curious and open minded, but I can only see one thing, and I need some brainstorming ideas here.

All my opinion: I’ve admitted I was having a hard time with LM’s story of events. I’m fighting my mind wanting to make the conclusion of his guilt of something nefarious by reminding myself that I only know pieces of the puzzle, and that I don’t know her husband’s character really, only what I read or heard in the media.

As you suggest, it is not a positive look for him. Adding to that, I’ve read some comments at the Find Maya FB page that further the idea of guilt by posting what seems to be inside information— but I don’t know if they’re actual insiders with true info or not, so I try to discount it, at this point.

To be honest, WS’s policy of being victim-friendly is a big part of the reason for me to keep from falling off the fence. Or at least, of me saying so. I do agree it’s a good policy, and see the point of it.

Additional information—if it were known (which may never be known by us)—would better allow me to come to a conclusion to which I’d be more comfortable making. Things such as: Did either happen to be in a relationship with someone other than their spouse? Did the kids’ accounts corroborate their father’s? Is it possible for phone forensics to tell when Maya’s phone left the house, and the phone’s movements...and the same question for LM’s phone? What have home security cams or traffic cams been able to see about LM’s or MM’s comings and goings during the questionable time period?

Just my own thoughts on this; others may have different ideas or reasons for your question.

If I went missing I would absolutely want my SO's primary concern to be the kids, not me. I'd be more than happy for another member of the family to be a spokesperson and search coordinator etc so he could concentrate on the kids, because he'd be now having to be the primary careperson and a full time worker as well. That's a lot in and of itself. So long as he was still communicating with other people and LE about searches etc then he'd be doing everything I'd want him to be doing. Just personally. I'd honestly be annoyed if he left the kids and focused on searching! And if he went missing I'd be the same - primary focus kids, but I'd be running a virtual search HQ from home and the phone would be running hot.

this all depends on the age and ability of one's children, to an extent, of course.

there's a few possibilities. I have no pet theory. One of the strong possibilities is definitely that he's responsible, I'm not that naive! I just think a bunch of other things are possible. That she met up with another man (either planned or spontaneously) and that man is responsible. Or that she's met with misadventure in some way (ie total accident, and she's just not been found). I do not think she's a suicide risk, that's not on the table for me at all. Neither is deliberate disappearance.

Ugh. The sister's plea was just heartbreaking. I give credit to the sister's husband for not bashing LM and for appearing to be the rock of the clan ATM. His steady approach is what's needed. This one is so sad at so many levels, and the outcome is looking grim. Those poor kids...

Amateur opinion and speculation

What about a walk and an accident nearby? She loved outdoors. Maybe she went for a walk and got injured on her walk. Left the house on foot. Is it possible for her to have left through the backyard?

Just one thing that MAY have happened. It’s possible. Not my #1 theory

Hi, I feel that suicide is always a possibility. People sometimes commit suicide in a place where they don't want to be found. I don't think its nearly as likely as what we're thinking happend, but it's definitely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim