CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who saw her actually for the last time. The children and/or the husband?

When she went out to do whatever, someone must have seen her in the neighborhood. I think all her friends and people she knows fairly quickly can tell LE if she made any appointments with them.

Is it confirmed that the door to her bedroom was locked and that he had the keys? Because if its her room, then she should have had them.

Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

Three posts up from the very bottom.
A happy looking, beautiful family.
Praying for Maya and her Family.
It seems obvious to me from what May’s husband says in the phone interview that the couple is estranged. I think it’s odd to see that photo on her Finding FB page unless the family is hoping someone saw them together recently. JMOO In any case, I hope she’s found soon.

BBM.
Maybe. Or, it could be a "h*ll no, not tonight" when you have a very angry spouse.

Still, when you are so angry at your spouse that you are ready to lock in your bedroom for the night, then your marriage is on the rocks. And if you feel the need to lock your bedroom when you leave it, then there is no ounce of trust and security left in this relationship. Yet, somehow, Maya's husband did not mention any ongoing serious crisis in his marriage. It looks weird not only in contrastwith these locked door but also with the fact that despite having little kids under his care, the husband did not feel the need to communicate with his allegedly present wife for whole Friday. Not even to say "hey, you, I'm taking out son for some activities out".

Jumping in to the thread!
Telling her kids she was going to be away would certainly be an expected communication, *if* she were in a normal frame of mind. We don't know if that was the case or not.

Spouses are often held in suspicion with unexplained disappearances. What I've learned over the years and the threads, is not to jump too quickly to a conclusion. What appears to be, often is not. So I will wait, and read, and see what tidbits of info I might offer up for our speculations.

I know we are all hoping and praying for a happier ending than what this is sounding like ATM.

Amateur opinion and speculation

RBBM

I totally agree. I don't know how many times I've immediately thought "yup, it's the husband", only for it to be oh so wrong.

Gonna sit back and watch for a bit. No doubt things look hinky and it's worrisome. I'm not ready to hang the husband yet.

MOO

Search for Maya Millete, a missing Chula Vista mom, continues (fox5sandiego.com) see Video

View attachment 279459

Lots of people showed up to search. Bless those caring searchers, many of them women who also hike there. I believe the video is from Wednesday's search. Take a look, you can see the park trails and all the people searching. Husband stayed home to care for the three children.

There's a canyon behind Maya's house and she often hiked there and that park is near their house. That's her neighborhood. She might have gone for a walk there. Her car was left at the house, so maybe she left walking. There's no telling if someone abducted her or if she got hurt. What happened to her? I don't know if that park has cameras. Some park or house camera to determine if she was there would be a key. It'd be so helpful if a camera could offer us a clue as to where she went.

News reports that Larry, her husband, turned over his cell phone to LE, and it has been reported he's been very cooperative. LE was able to confirm there has been no calls or incidents from that address in the past.

For some reason, I feel sick with worry that Maya has still not shown up or been found. I 've seen pics of her with her children. Those children need her there!

There's a Candlelit Vigil going on right now at the park location.
Well, I couldn't certainly just sit home and not help look, but maybe there is nobody at all to watch the kids?

With all the work and school from home it may be that she locks her bedroom because she doesn’t want the kids getting into her work laptop or other stuff when she isn’t there.

That is something I never thought of and it kinda makes more sense. I couldn’t work out why she’d lock the door against him, but he also access to a key. I don’t know what type of work she does, but if she works for the Naval Base, she may be required to keep her laptop behind a locked door if she has to leave.

Maya may have locked her bedroom door for reasons as innocent as her daughters were borrowing her clothes without asking. I agree that it's best to keep an open mind.

I may point out interesting even somewhat suspicious details I catch in gathering info on a case, but I don't want to jump to conclusions either. Sitting on the fence is fine. In many cases, it is the bf or husband, but there was one case where the husband acted so guilty we all thought he did it, and he didn't-- her best friend did. We all felt awful and learned a lesson.

...that the couple is estranged. I think it’s odd to see that photo on her Finding FB page...
I do respect your opinion. For me, their marriage wasn't over. They may have been in marriage counseling for all we know. They've been married almost 22 yrs., and no marriage is perfect all the time. That is a pic of the family and it's a reality. He sent a message through the news to Maya that he (still) loves her.

I am surprised no one else seems to be offering to take care of the children and he hasn't been able to be at some of the searches or vigil. I can only guess he'd rather be with the kids to give them a sense of security during this anxious time.

Is there any word on how the search went today?

Maya may have locked her bedroom door for reasons as innocent as her daughters were borrowing her clothes without asking. I agree that it's best to keep an open mind.

I may point out interesting even somewhat suspicious details I catch in gathering info on a case, but I don't want to jump to conclusions either. Sitting on the fence is fine. In many cases, it is the bf or husband, but there was one case where the husband acted so guilty we all thought he did it, and he didn't-- her best friend did. We all felt awful and learned a lesson.

I do respect your opinion. For me, their marriage wasn't over. They may have been in marriage counseling for all we know. They've been married almost 22 yrs., and no marriage is perfect all the time. That is a pic of the family and it's a reality. He sent a message through the news to Maya that he (still) loves her.

I am surprised no one else seems to be offering to take care of the children and he hasn't been able to be at some of the searches or vigil. I can only guess he'd rather be with the kids to give them a sense of security during this anxious time.

Is there any word on how the search went today?
Excellent post. We have learned not to jump to conclusions; very well said and thank you.

Loved ones held a vigil for Maya Millete at Mount San Miguel Park, just up the street from her home in East Chula Vista where she was last seen on Friday January 8.

Chula Vista Police say they are investigating the mother's disappearance and currently have not found evidence of a crime and say Millete’s husband Larry Millete is cooperating.

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Last actually seen Thursday when husband says they had a fight but he heard her Friday in the house giving kids a bath and making food etc. didn’t actually “see” her Friday but heard her in house.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

kids are old enough to verify if she was there Friday or not

that would be very important info

On the fence here for now. Voluntary and self harm/still burning off steam vs someone harmed her

moo
Thanks for posting this; very insightful. The husband makes it very clear that they have a "roommate" type of relationship, and it sounds like she has a very active social life without him. He sounds like he would prefer a much closer relationship with her.

ATM, (subject to change), I am leaning to the possibility of her off on a hike or similar adventure and has been injured.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Loved ones held a vigil for Maya Millete at Mount San Miguel Park, just up the street from her home in East Chula Vista where she was last seen on Friday January 8.

Chula Vista Police say they are investigating the mother's disappearance and currently have not found evidence of a crime and say Millete’s husband Larry Millete is cooperating.

In the article, it says

- she was last seen by her three children inside their home on Paseo Los Gatos in San Miguel Ranch
- she left her Jeep and Lexus vehicles behind
- she likes riding with her motorcycle

A poster upthread asked who last saw her. According to this, it was her children.
And where is her motorcycle. Is her motorcycle missing?

This article answers some questions we've had. If as they've said, she was last seen Thursday, then the children saw her maybe before the argument with husband. It does say it was the night before she went missing, so they argued at night when it might've been dark out. Ah, LE have searched the home twice and found no evidence of a crime.

from the news article:
“It's been a nightmare, painful heartbreaking,” said Maricris Drouaillet, Maya’s sister.

She says Maya’s children were the last one's to see her inside their San Miguel Ranch home, her family says her Jeep and Lexus were still parked in front of the house.

“She is always on her phone but her phone was off all day Friday,” said Drouaillet.

Her sister says her bedroom door was locked but she wasn’t inside and on Sunday missed her daughter’s birthday where they planned to celebrate in Big Bear.

“Any mother wouldn't miss their daughter's birthday,” said Drouaillet.

Her sister confirms Larry and Maya had an argument the night before she went missing but doesn’t know what it was about. Police say the couple had marital problems but says the husband is cooperating and they’ve searched the home twice and have not found evidence of a crime and have not issued search warrants, but several detectives are investigating Maya’s disappearance.

Gosh the possibilities are endless.

I’m not getting a hinky vibe from husband as I normally do.

She could have taken off on foot to hike, she could have been picked up. We really don’t know until LE are able to search her digital devices and also hopefully Ring cameras/security cams.

Detectives say the couple had marital problems but at this point they have no leads or any indication of foul play. Drouaillet says the couple got into an argument the day before her disappearance.

"He says it's not the first time she has gone away, but my wife knows her sister really well, and she knows that this is not normal," Drouaillet said.

Family searching for missing Chula Vista mother

Richard Drouaillet is Maya's brother-in-law; he's married to Maya's sister. (Just clarifying, because at first I thought Drouaillet was Maya's husband.)

I thought the husband said he was upstairs with the children after he fed them and they had their baths. He heard Maya downstairs. See, details are kind of vague from how it explains that Friday. Plus, it has not been confirmed that any of the children actually saw her on Friday, and that's what bothers me. It's being reported Maya was last seen on Thursday which means the children probably did not see her on Friday.

There's another search today, Friday.
View attachment 279377
Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three (10news.com)
Yes. Sounded to me like he said that he sleeps upstairs in a separate bedroom with the kids . . . because he wants to "give her some space."

So if he said he had fed them and bathed them, I think that would have been on Friday. Something happened to her on Thursday night.

Last edited:
He hasn’t seen her since that night, but he could hear her moving around in her room in the house on Friday night. “I don’t need space but she always needed space,” he adds. By Saturday morning, her parents came by which is why he decided to open the door and that was when they found out she was already gone.
Search for Filipina mom, Maya Millete, continues in California

So, did she actually disappear sometime between Friday night (1/8) and before her parents arrived on Sat (1/9)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387