CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems obvious to me from what May’s husband says in the phone interview that the couple is estranged. I think it’s odd to see that photo on her Finding FB page unless the family is hoping someone saw them together recently. JMOO In any case, I hope she’s found soon.
Husband said in the phone interview that they had been having [marital] problems for about a year. So being estranged, yet under same roof, would not surprise me. I wonder if there was someone else in her life. That would cause marital problems.

Just to be clear....do we know when she left the house, as in during daylight hours or when it was dark? Or only in a "last seen" situation, as in she was discovered gone when her bedroom door was unlocked?
Makes a difference whether she left during the day or at night.

In the article, it says

- she was last seen by her three children inside their home on Paseo Los Gatos in San Miguel Ranch
- she left her Jeep and Lexus vehicles behind
- she likes riding with her motorcycle

A poster upthread asked who last saw her. According to this, it was her children.
And where is her motorcycle. Is her motorcycle missing?

When did her three children last see her? Thursday? Friday?

Just to be clear....do we know when she left the house, as in during daylight hours or when it was dark? Or only in a "last seen" situation, as in she was discovered gone when her bedroom door was unlocked?
Makes a difference whether she left during the day or at night.

But I think the weird thing was, her parents came over on Saturday. That is when the husband says he realized that she was missing. Maybe the parents discovered that Maya's bedroom door was locked. Someone (husband) unlocked it while the parents were there and ... shock, she was not in the bedroom. That is when he realized she was missing. I'm just speculating here.

Not to monopolize the thread, but one last thing:

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

"On Thursday [Jan. 14, 2021], family and friends held a vigil for Maya but Larry didn’t go because he says he's a private person but saw the crowd when he picked up his 11-year-old daughter from the vigil at Mt. San Miguel Park."
"'When I got to see a little bit of it and I was overwhelmed with all the support,' said Millete."

I am very curious as to why there are no family pics, or couple pics, with her husband on her FB.
They've been married 21 years. I'd think it would be rare for a couple to not have some issues at all during that length of time, and they would have some experience in how to resolve things.
But then, who knows....

If she's an avid hiker....she many have had an accident. Are they using drones?
Or....the argument was such that she's hiding out with a friend...BUT, daughter's birthday :(

I knew of a family that had similar dynamics, or at least I’m reminded of this family I knew. In our case, our respective kids were on sports teams together, so I saw the mom a lot; her husband, rarely. She took the kids to so many vacations and events minus her husband. Our teams traveled for games, she came, he didn’t.

I remember her dh did bring his kid to one of the games, so we chatted. A tournament was coming up in Las Vegas or somewhere kinda fun (I forget where), and my dh asked him if he was going to go. He said, “Yeah, I might!” The next time, we mentioned that to his wife, and she looked caught off guard, and said “He IS???... Oh..well, I guess he can come.” It felt very awkward.

So, these friends indeed lived very separate lives, but continued to live under the same roof. Like this missing woman, she took tons of pics of her and her kids and all her many activities with her friends and her side of the family. Well, after the last kid finished HS, she divorced him. So, that seemed to answer the question.

I don’t know if Maya and her husband are living the same way, but—could be.
JMO

Search for Filipina mom, Maya Millete, continues in California
So, did she actually disappear sometime between Friday night (1/8) and before her parents arrived on Sat (1/9)?

Hope anyone will let me know if I have any of this wrong. This is the way I've put it together so far using the husband's phone interview and other reports. I admit I am stuck on the husband's interview, trying to reconcile it with the other reported facts. You need to listen to the husband's account of the days in question.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

It has been reported in the news that Maya was last seen Thursday by her children, and her husband said he and Maya had an argument later that Thursday. The next day, Friday 1/8, as far as I understand it, though she's always on her phone, she can't be contacted. (I thought I heard one of the sisters say that, but not sure.)

Remember, it's Friday now. Husband says he went someplace with son on Friday and left girls home to be homeschooled, I thought he said by Maya. Skip to later Friday night, he's upstairs with the children after they ate and bathed. Husband says he heard Maya downstairs rustling around in the kitchen, maybe getting something to eat. He offers that they live kind of "like roommates".

He is saying she was there on Friday even though he didn't see her. The children must have told LE they last saw her on Thursday. Is he saying he left the girls with her without talking to Maya first? Were the girls really home alone then??? Is this the Red Flag? A lie about the timeline?

LE has questioned him more fully and they say husband has cooperated in the investigation. LE must've been able to get a more detailed timeline and I know husband turned in his own phone to LE.

Please know that I am still in open mind mode. I am just trying to understand how her husband is explaining these events in his version. I have not been able to reconcile this part of the details, and it's bothering me.

Last edited:
Well this is certainly a strange situation. I have read through the thread twice and still can’t seem to get the timeline straight. Thursday night they had an argument and that’s the last time Maya was seen ... by her husband? Or her kids? She was ‘heard’ but not seen by her husband on Friday. I have heard she homeschooled the daughters on Friday ... but ... how is that possible if she disappeared Thursday night? And there is reference to Maya bathing the kids ... and also her husband bathing the kids while he ‘heard’ Maya downstairs. And about the lack of photos of Maya and her husband on FB ... I noticed many posts were unavailable and might have been deleted. I’m so confused and have so many questions. What were they arguing about? Who actually ‘saw’ Maya last. When exactly was she seen? Who reported her missing? And when? Maya ... where are you? MOO

...Who actually ‘saw’ Maya last. When exactly was she seen?...

This is one of the more recent news reports. I think this pins it down to last seen Thursday at the home by daughter(s), video says the 9 yr. old, article says the children. There's good info within the article and the video. Her sister has been very involved in trying to find Maya, and probably had something to do with the family showing up on Saturday morning at the house looking for Maya. They were suppose to go to Big Bear for the 11 yr. old's birthday on Sunday. If you read my above post, I am trying to figure out how Maya could have homeschooled the girls on Friday as husband said.

"It's been a nightmare, painful heartbreaking,” said Maricris Drouaillet, Maya’s sister.

She says Maya’s children were the last one's to see her inside their San Miguel Ranch home, her family says her Jeep and Lexus were still parked in front of the house.

“She is always on her phone but her phone was off all day Friday,” said Drouaillet.

Last edited:
Not to monopolize the thread, but one last thing:

"On Thursday [Jan. 14, 2021], family and friends held a vigil for Maya but Larry didn’t go because he says he's a private person but saw the crowd when he picked up his 11-year-old daughter from the vigil at Mt. San Miguel Park."
"'When I got to see a little bit of it and I was overwhelmed with all the support,' said Millete."

JMO - Regarding why he didn’t go to the vigil: To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe when he said, “I don't want to speculate and there is a lot of speculation” (bbm) he’s referring to negative speculation pointing the finger at him—maybe he knew many of those attending the vigil give him the side eye, so that he wouldn’t have gotten sympathy and support. Maya seems to be close to her side of the family, and with the marriage not being good for a while, they’ve probably been on her “side” all this time. JMO Just a thought.

Last edited:
Some things are suspicious, no doubt about it, but I'm comfortable staying on the fence and waiting for more info. LE is still investigating. MOO, the husband comes across as shy, like he doesn't seem to like attention, and I think he said something about it was embarrassing. MOO, I feel like he's staying behind the curtains watching the search and the vigil. Reserved emotions coming from him. Yes, the kids need him, but his wife is missing and may be in danger! Maya's sister expresses much more raw emotions. She's not worried what others think, and shows an urgency to try to find her sister. At one point, fairly early on, she said she may have already lost her. I don't know what she thought happened though.

From the outside, it looked like they had it all.

Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

Waiting for any word about Maya. Please post if you have any updates.

Maya Millete | Facebook

2019 Looks like Maya and her daughters had a fantastic time on a vacation to such wonderous places. I'd guess her children absolutely adore her. Sick with worry that this mother of three children is missing. Prayers and more prayers.

Home schooled or virtual schooling? There can be a big difference. MOO

I don’t know the answer to that.

However, I found this, which says: (bbm)
“Please help us spread the word about a missing Liberty Elementary parent, Maya Millete”
Liberty Elementary PTC

Something that makes me go “Hmmmm”, if virtual school:
Liberty’s calendar states Winter Break (bbm)
December 21 - January 8 / School Resumes on January 12

School Info
(Cancel the Sign in, then see “2020 - 2021 School Year”)

Isn’t Jan 8 (Fri) the day the kids were said to be “homeschooled”?
I suppose it’s possible that even if they’re on Winter Break, there are assignments to be done. My kids are adults now, but I still remember being annoyed at them having homework over the Break. (Disclosure: For my kids, it was conventional public school. I am ignorant on the way homeschooling and virtual school works)

Maybe Maya felt trapped and that’s why the marriage suffered, 21 years is a long time when it’s your whole adulthood. Devoting your adulthood to another person, to a relationship, can rob oneself of any identity.

I don’t know what to think. Just because LE says the husband is cooperating doesn’t mean he didn’t do something...and just because he seems suspicious doesn’t mean he did something. He doesn’t speak about her in the past tense so I’m more partial to thinking he didn’t do something. I think he’s suspicious because he seems angry at her, whether for being gone or for her independence or both, but he never says her name and struggles to say how worried he is.

Based on his phone call, the only thing I’ve learned is that their relationship wasn’t going well, and he seemed to have a problem with the amount of independence she had from it and him. Most of his phone interview was an opportunity to imply that Maya was uninvolved as a wife and mother, in addition to being unreliable because she drank more than she has before and has left before or stayed out for a night. I know women who have no issues spending a night away from their families, whether it’s a girls night or meeting her cousins or going to a parents’ house, I know women who do that. They are still good mothers.

It doesn’t seem like there is much communication between Larry and Maya. He took their son Friday, but did he confirm that she was home before leaving? He heard her making dinner for herself at night, did she have no communication with her kids during the day?

I don’t know her, but maybe she wanted her own life. Larry obviously had a problem with her independence, perhaps that was the catalyst to living like roommates.

What a strange case. Something feels/sounds off. Not sure what.

The family dynamics doesn't surprise me at all. My parents lived like that for over a year until my father finally moved out. Many families live like that, some couples are better at it than others. Some don't talk at all, some are able to stay friendly. I'm not really feeling like Maya and her husband were on the same page about their marriage. It looks like she was doing it for the kids.

She has pictures with her daughters all over the World, Paris, Barcelona, etc. She cares about her kids, she likes to spend time with them, she's an involved parent. A mother that doesn't care about her children, doesn't take them on trips to Europe, she goes by herself or with friends. So, her not being home for her daughter's birthday is not a good sign.

If she's such a big car girl, which it really looks like she is. Why not take the car?

I wonder if there is any CCTV footage of her leaving the house. Their house is nice, the area also seems pretty nice too so I'm assuming several houses have cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387