CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home schooled or virtual schooling? There can be a big difference. MOO

Virtual schooling due to Covid, I'm sure, just through the school/district they belong to.

All CVESD schools (which Liberty is) are closed for in person learning.

CVESD School - Liberty (Official school page on the district site)

CV hadn't started even hybrid in person options. They were going to in October and numbers were going the wrong way and SD County went "purple," so it was pushed back until the end of 2020, which of course things are even worse now than in October.

Once SD is back in red they will be allowed to begin hybrid learning in Chula Vista, but people can choose to remain distance only for the rest of the school year.

But honestly, I suspect it'll be quite awhile before SD even gets to red again for that to be an issue, and then CVESD still has to decide when they want/can return in any capacity.

COVID-19 Info Center

Husband said in the phone interview that they had been having [marital] problems for about a year. So being estranged, yet under same roof, would not surprise me. I wonder if there was someone else in her life. That would cause marital problems.
She's very pretty and seemingly has a very active social life that doesn't involve her husband. I thought of this too.

Either the husband deserves an oscar for his acting skills, or he is telling the truth. He doesn't come across suspicious to me at all. If anything, it sounds as if he has been relegated to "Mr. Mom" duties, and is sad about the distance in the marriage. Like I said, he could be quite the actor, but I believe the guy.
This leaves me with speculating she went hiking and got injured, or went off with someone other than her husband; and that situation went awry.

Amateur opinion and speculation

...I wonder if there is any CCTV footage of her leaving the house. Their house is nice, the area also seems pretty nice too so I'm assuming several houses have cameras.

They've said there's a canyon behind her home that I believe leads to hiking trails and that park where they've been searching. If she left and went the back way, not on the street, then there might not be any CCTV camera footage. The couple had argued Thursday, and it's possible she went for a walk to blow off steam. We don't know if it was dark out when, and if, she left the house that way.

Yes, those were such wonderful, memorable vacation pics with her girls only last year. I'm worried about the children. There was more hope last week that maybe Maya would be found injured on a hiking trail.

Just read the thread but not all the articles. Lots of good summaries by everyone.

I used to use a Fitbit regularly. It is designed to be connected to an app and/or a computer. My laptop had the small USB plugin and I used the app. On the app you can connect with others to compare steps, log activities, etc. If she was wearing it regularly, it should hold quite a bit of data on her physical activity - when she was hiking / walking and when at rest.

A 5 mile walk is 10,000 steps so if she went out on foot when she left, she didn’t likely go far. If she was jogging or running she could have a much higher step count and covered more distance.

Why was her bedroom door locked? She wasn't in it. This was discovered when her parents came over to her house on Saturday. I don't know who was able to unlock it, but I think it was her husband. He must have had a key, as I can't recall reading that the bedroom door had to be broken down to gain entry.

If she was trying to maintain her own "space", I can see where she would have a lock on her bedroom door, which required a key, to prevent unwanted intrusions and snooping.

Why was her bedroom door locked? She wasn't in it. This was discovered when her parents came over to her house on Saturday. I don't know who was able to unlock it, but I think it was her husband. He must have had a key, as I can't recall reading that the bedroom door had to be broken down to gain entry.

If she was trying to maintain her own "space", I can see where she would have a lock on her bedroom door, which required a key, to prevent unwanted intrusions and snooping.
He “found” the key. I don’t understand why that wasn’t the first step though. Why wait until her parents came to the home to check the bedroom? She could’ve been there, passed out or something.

He “found” the key. I don’t understand why that wasn’t the first step though. Why wait until her parents came to the home to check the bedroom? She could’ve been there, passed out or something.

Amazing. That answers a lot of questions for me.

He wasn't worried. He knew she was out tasting wine with friends.

...Either the husband deserves an oscar for his acting skills, or he is telling the truth. He doesn't come across suspicious to me at all. If anything, it sounds as if he has been relegated to "Mr. Mom" duties, and is sad about the distance in the marriage. Like I said, he could be quite the actor, but I believe the guy.
This leaves me with speculating she went hiking and got injured, or went off with someone other than her husband; and that situation went awry...

A big MOO as I attempt to see it from several different angles. At this point, husband is a victim with a missing wife, and I'm trying to respect that.

There's been no visuals of the husband speaking. He didn't go on camera, but did a phone interview. Usually, we get the guilty body language in a camera interview, like Chris Watts squirming, to determine if it's suspicious. Maya's husband is staying out of the public's attention completely so far, not attending the searches or vigil, he's graciously thanking everyone while he stays home with the children coming across as somewhat the put-upon Mr. Mom. I do think the 11 yr. old went to the vigil though. The Dad could get a sitter for the little boy. He could've attended the vigil, but says he's a private person.

I'll accept that he really is one of those people that rather stay to themselves.
He seems shy, and some people are painfully shy and private.

I'm purposely staying on the fence to give him the benefit of the doubt because I know I'm jaded from following cases for years. I don't trust appearances or what is said easily anymore.

Things I've noticed are he just doesn't seem very emotional about her missing. He's coming across as put upon in several ways, and it hasn't been flattering to Maya. Was she really that irresponsible that she'd go wine tasting without telling anyone? She always needed her space, he didn't need or want his space. He thought he heard her downstairs, but they lived so separate like roommates. Supplying that info, the marital problems for a year and the living so separate, to explain things... like he didn't notice her missing until her family came to the house Saturday. He thought she was there Friday, and apparently she wasn't unless daughters can confirm that. He threw in the Maya has stayed gone before... I heard that before in other cases.

Like I said, I'm the jaded one, suspicious and not buying everything that's said, so I'll give him some slack that he could very well be a gentle, shy man that is doing all he can to hold it together while his wife is missing. Please, I really hope he is. He does seem gentle and like a good father. They've been married 21 yrs. There's been no calls to the police from that address.

Maya leaving her children, and taking off with someone else to run off... nope, I doubt she'd do that. I have considered that if there was someone else, and she called them to pick her up, then perhaps that person harmed her.

All my own thoughts and MOO, subject to change with developing updates and info.

I have considered that if there was someone else, and she called them to pick her up, then perhaps that person harmed her.
Snipped for focused response, and BBM.
Yes, I consider this highly possible.
Look at the pictures of this couple. Husband (no disrespect) is very average looking and seemingly the house husband, while the very pretty and social butterfly wife is out enjoying life. I see this scenario as a very real possibility.

MOO-While I don’t think the lock on the bedroom door was all that suspect, I will say I am not on the fence on this one at all. Both her cars are there, no contact from her, she hasn’t been to work, she wasn’t reported missing until her parents showed up to the house, they had just had an argument...

Interesting.....

Find May/Maya Millete
Posted 20 hours ago as of right now.

Again we would like to express our gratitude to all of the volunteers, family, and friends that participated in the search for May today. Please standby for additional information on future searches. As it is a long holiday weekend, if you do search on your own please send areas covered to HelpFindMaya@gmail.com and contact CVPD 619-691-5151 with any information that can aid in the investigation.
At this time, the family has requested to not have a *******/donation page, please be aware of other websites or pages that may be seeking donations for May. They are not affiliated with this page.
Thank you, with all of your prayers
1f64f_1f3fc.png
we will bring May home!

She's very pretty and seemingly has a very active social life that doesn't involve her husband. I thought of this too.

Either the husband deserves an oscar for his acting skills, or he is telling the truth. He doesn't come across suspicious to me at all. If anything, it sounds as if he has been relegated to "Mr. Mom" duties, and is sad about the distance in the marriage. Like I said, he could be quite the actor, but I believe the guy.
This leaves me with speculating she went hiking and got injured, or went off with someone other than her husband; and that situation went awry.

After listening to the husband’s phone interview, I have to agree with you. He sounds sincere and convincing, and I’ll be very surprised if it turns out that he lied.

It’s possible that he pushed too hard during their argument and she needed more space than a spare room could provide. Maybe he felt guilty when he realized that she hadn’t returned home because he knows he’s the reason why she left in the first place.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned yet — LM said he has contacted Maya’s family when she’s left in the past and she wasn’t happy that he involved them. If this is true, I can maybe understand why he didn’t raise the alarm until her family showed up at the house.

I can think of a recent case in FL where a woman went missing and, for some reason, what the husband was saying and the way he was behaving was just making me think that he did something to her. Turns out he didn’t, she had a car accident.

Now, I’m going to be honest. I didn’t listen to his interview (I don’t have a lot of time), but I’ve been reading the information that came out of it. And the amount of unnecessary, very personal details that he shared seem a bit... odd? Why say that she wanted her space and he didn’t? Just say she was independent.

I don’t get the “I do everything at home, she likes to go out” narrative. Sure, it seems like she has a very active social life, but we’re talking about a woman that took her kids all over the World. That doesn’t rhyme with missing her daughter’s birthday and not caring if they are supervised or not for a whole day.

She was supposed to homeschool them, or help them with online school that day. To me, that says involved. The kids are 9 and 11? So, 3/4th and 5/6th grade maybe? They wouldn’t need a bunch of help from an adult when it comes to school.

My question here is. When did he realize she was missing? Did the girls really spent the whole day (Friday) by themselves? Who made them lunch? Did they not ask the father where mom was when he came home?

I can think of a recent case in FL where a woman went missing and, for some reason, what the husband was saying and the way he was behaving was just making me think that he did something to her. Turns out he didn’t, she had a car accident.

Now, I’m going to be honest. I didn’t listen to his interview (I don’t have a lot of time), but I’ve been reading the information that came out of it. And the amount of unnecessary, very personal details that he shared seem a bit... odd? Why say that she wanted her space and he didn’t? Just say she was independent.

I don’t get the “I do everything at home, she likes to go out” narrative. Sure, it seems like she has a very active social life, but we’re talking about a woman that took her kids all over the World. That doesn’t rhyme with missing her daughter’s birthday and not caring if they are supervised or not for a whole day.

She was supposed to homeschool them, or help them with online school that day. To me, that says involved. The kids are 9 and 11? So, 3/4th and 5/6th grade maybe? They wouldn’t need a bunch of help from an adult when it comes to school.

My question here is. When did he realize she was missing? Did the girls really spent the whole day (Friday) by themselves? Who made them lunch? Did they not ask the father where mom was when he came home?
The husband gave that level of personal detail to explain why he wouldn’t know much about her coming and going; her whereabouts.

amateur opinion and speculation

Find May/Maya Millete

***FLIER DISTRIBUTION - Tomorrow, 17 JAN 2021***
While additional searches are being planned, May’s family seeks the help of the local community and surrounding areas to distribute and post fliers.
Copies of fliers will be available for distribution at Mount San Miguel Park tomorrow, Sunday, 17 January, during the following times:

10:30am-12:00pm
2:00pm-3:30pm
Mount San Miguel Park: 2335 Paseo Veracruz, Chula Vista, CA 91914

Fliers are also available via email (please message this page with your email address) if volunteers would like to print, distribute, and post in areas May has recently visited or hiked but not limited to:

-Cowles Mt.
-Mt. Woodson
-Torrey Pines
-Jamul
-Julian
-Glamis
-Brawley
-Ocotillo
-Corona
-Lake Elsinore
-Parker Lake

We thank you all for your continued attention and many prayers