CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chula Vista Police to Give Updates on Missing Mom Maya Millete – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

So, according to this, they were scheduled to leave on Saturday (1/9) for Big Bear, then? Saturday is the day the parents came over and discovered her not in the locked room. That would explain why her family was so certain something was wrong, by then.

(Excuse me if we knew this already. I didn’t know prior to this when the family was actually leaving for the Big Bear trip. I had been wondering about this.)

Thank You. We've all been wondering when the family was leaving for Big Bear, and why they were so alarmed to not hear from Maya. They were leaving for Big Bear that Saturday... oh my! No wonder they were concerned.

(Quotes in quote boxes don't show up in relies, so I'll repost it here, and thank you again for bringing it to our attention.)

From the article
Jan. 7, 2021
"According to Chula Vista police, Millete, 39, was last seen by her family at her home on Paseo Los Gatos at around 5 p.m. on Jan. 7. This was two days before the family was set to travel on a planned trip to Big Bear for Millete’s daughter’s birthday."

Let me know if this link works?
Awesome to see the support from LE and the community in this case! IMO, it is a recovery scenario as something very nefarious has happened to May. Since the beginning, I have never entertained the idea that she just up and left her children. May’s husband has painted her more or less as a party girl and has made little snide remarks about since the first press release. Indicating to me, personality character such as insecure and jealousy.

I think, although LE is not saying so, there is a POI and I hope they get enough evidence eventually to make the arrest. All jmo

Awesome to see the support from LE and the community in this case! IMO, it is a recovery scenario as something very nefarious has happened to May. Since the beginning, I have never entertained the idea that she just up and left her children. May’s husband has painted her more or less as a party girl and has made little snide remarks about since the first press release. Indicating to me, personality character such as insecure and jealousy.

I think, although LE is not saying so, there is a POI and I hope they get enough evidence eventually to make the arrest. All jmo

great post! I totally agree.
God speed her home ❤️

Last edited:
Dang that was hard to watch. The sister and brother-in-law were just so raw. The love they expressed and the anguish was so powerful.

For those of you who are not favorable to the husband, I will agree on this point. I don't give a rip if he's private or what his deal is. He should have been there pleading for his wife's return and thanking the public. Really really unconscionable not to be there, if only for the sake of his children.

Shame on you LM. Shame.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Absolutely. As I've said before, I'm super sympathetic to feelings of anxiety and wanting to stay private. But there comes a point, surely, when concern for your loved one and wanting them home overrides such things. Not just logically but also emotionally. Also there comes a point when you're drawing MORE attention to yourself by NOT going public, if it's appropriate to do so.

This is some newer info I don't remember being reported before.

LE impounded her Lexus, but not until Jan. 23rd. Wonder where he drove it on Jan. 8th.

Family of missing Chula Vista mother gather to look for answers | cbs8.com

"Since Maya went missing on January 7, there has been some movement in the case. On January 23, detectives served a search warrant on her home. During the search, computers were taken from the home as evidence. Officers also impounded her Lexus SUV that had a custom license plate that read “MAYLANI.”'

"Millete’s husband was believed to be driving the vehicle on January 8, the day after his wife disappeared."

All MOO: LM has provided partially true statements, and the key is to separate the false parts out. As an example, Friday (don't know the time), LM claims he heard MM downstairs. That may be true, but it could omit that that was the scheduled pick up time, so to speak. All the disparaging statements about MM include partial truths, so why not noise on Friday? Pure speculation.

This is some newer info I don't remember being reported before.

LE impounded her Lexus, but not until Jan. 23rd. Wonder where he drove it on Jan. 8th.

Family of missing Chula Vista mother gather to look for answers | cbs8.com

"Since Maya went missing on January 7, there has been some movement in the case. On January 23, detectives served a search warrant on her home. During the search, computers were taken from the home as evidence. Officers also impounded her Lexus SUV that had a custom license plate that read “MAYLANI.”'

"Millete’s husband was believed to be driving the vehicle on January 8, the day after his wife disappeared."

Definitely new information to us. When he took his son somewhere (hasn’t been reported where, I don’t think), he drove her car, this Lexus, maybe?

I find great comfort in knowing the investigators have been interviewing neighbors, coworker, and friends of May's. LE is building a solid case. MOO, they aren't coming right out with it being a homicide case yet, but it's pretty obvious this is not just a missing person's case. Think about all the info obtained from all those people interviewed... MOO, they're closing in on someone.

Missing Chula Vista Mom May Millete: Police, Family Ask For Community's Help (fox5sandiego.com)

"Chula Vista police Chief Roxana Kennedy and Mayor Mary Salas spoke to reporters. Kennedy said that her criminal investigation team was actively investigating Millete’s disappearance, and that investigators have interviewed dozens of Millete’s friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers, but she could not release any details about the investigation because it was ongoing."

Does the husband not have his own vehicle? Why was he driving HER Lexus on Jan. 8?
("was believed to be")

eta...is this Lexus a sedan with a trunk?
If there was anything nefarious associated with that vehicle it would have been detected and he wouldn't be a free man.

Does the husband not have his own vehicle? Why was he driving HER Lexus on Jan. 8?
("was believed to be")
eta...is this Lexus a sedan with a trunk?
I had to go back to find the news video that showed the vehicles in front of the home. I had commented in a prior post about the vanity plates on what I thought might be LM's vehicle.
At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, turned out to be a Toyota, with a license plate that spells out "Millete.

Maya's Lexus at 01:33 minute mark.

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (watch video)
Updated: 5:09 AM PST January 15, 2021

If there was anything nefarious associated with that vehicle it would have been detected and he wouldn't be a free man.

There are some exceptions to this, but generally I agree with you, I would have to think at this this point they did not find anything obvious with luminol or cadaverine.
but maybe further testing has to be done as well? Moo.

For me, this is looking more and more like a textbook case.
* I really do not think that couples who have emotionally separated, as a couple, should continue to live in the same house.
It's just bad juju.
MOO

Absolutely. As I've said before, I'm super sympathetic to feelings of anxiety and wanting to stay private. But there comes a point, surely, when concern for your loved one and wanting them home overrides such things. Not just logically but also emotionally. Also there comes a point when you're drawing MORE attention to yourself by NOT going public, if it's appropriate to do so.

There are some exceptions to this, but generally I agree with you, I would have to think at this this point they did not find anything obvious with luminol or cadaverine.
but maybe further testing has to be done as well? Moo.

Our poster @JakeB911 gave great insight where he stated:

“Hoping their search warrant allowed them to get as much pieces of the puzzle as possible. You’d be surprised. Even the air filter in a car or dirt on the mud flaps could narrow in on a specific pollen/dirt from certain geographical areas. Either to target a search area, or connect a finding.” (Bolded by me)

CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Our poster @JakeB911 gave great insight where he stated:

“Hoping their search warrant allowed them to get as much pieces of the puzzle as possible. You’d be surprised. Even the air filter in a car or dirt on the mud flaps could narrow in on a specific pollen/dirt from certain geographical areas. Either to target a search area, or connect a finding.” (Bolded by me)

CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Regarding the bolded text, see video starting at 10:09 mark

It does, thank you so much!

Really hard to watch though. Her poor family, and LE was also so emotional. I tend to believe they might know more about where Maya is than we do. None of the children present are Maya's, are they?

It really bothers me how the husband is never present at these things. They have a large family, someone would be willing to watch the children while he would participate. This is so, so, so odd.
^^bbm

I think it was on Court-TV last night that MM's sister said she felt that the couple's children were pulling away from the family, and didn't want to talk about their mom. I think this should be expected in a situation like this where the husband/father is not cooperating with investigators and/or does not want to be united with the family in their efforts to recover MM.

I'm so sorry for her children and wish only strength, peace, and comfort for her family to get through the most difficult days ahead.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member