CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New expert speculation from Court TV.
Thanks for posting the Court TV video. MOO, the experts need to listen to the phone interview some more. There's no question in my mind that Maya didn't see or sleep with the children Friday night. That's where Nancy Grace would've laid it all out straight. I appreciate them covering the case, but I've gotten more expert observations right here on this thread. At least, they really pointed out the digs LM made about his missing wife.

New expert speculation from Court TV.

Spoiler, it's not looking good for LM.

I love when Ted R. said this reminds him of when Mark Klass (Polly's dad) told LE that every minute they spend focusing on him as a suspect, that was time lost focusing on who the real suspect was, and finding his daughter. Mark not only opened up his life, but begged LE to give him a lie detector, so that he could prove his innocence asap, and focus on finding Polly.

That is how a loved one is supposed to act, and sadly, we see this same behavior, time and time again, here at Wesbsleuths. It actually puts more focus on you as a suspect when you won't speak out and get a lawyer! If the main goal is to find May, this is not going to do that.

This is Wife Disappearing 101, and there are so many husbands that need to re-take this class!

Imo.

ETA: To top it off, Larry starts saying things like "Maybe she's hiking, or jeeping, or off getting drunk." For him to be opining days after Maya went missing that her whereabouts are such a mystery to him is ridiculous. She missed her daughters bday to go hiking? Whatevs. It's absurd, really. He should be saying that he doesn't have any idea where she is and begging people to help find her, as one does when they are actually missing their spouse.

Last edited:
I love when Ted R. said this reminds him of when Mark Klass (Polly's dad) told LE that every minute they spend focusing on him as a suspect, that was time lost focusing on who the real suspect was, and finding his daughter. Mark not only opened up his life, but begged LE to give him a lie detector, so that he could prove his innocence asap, and focus on finding Polly.

That is how a loved one is supposed to act, and sadly, we see this same behavior, time and time again, here at Wesbsleuths. It actually puts more focus on you as a suspect when you won't speak out and get a lawyer! If the main goal is to find May, this is not going to do that.

This is Wife Disappearing 101, and there are so many husbands that need to re-take this class!

Imo.

ETA: To top it off, Larry starts saying things like "Maybe she's hiking, or jeeping, or off getting drunk." For him to be opining days after Maya went missing that her whereabouts are such a mystery to him is ridiculous. She missed her daughters bday to go hiking? Whatevs. It's absurd, really. He should be saying that he doesn't have any idea where she is and begging people to help find her, as one does when they are actually missing their spouse.
Clearly, the husband is angry with Maya. By his own admission, they had a fractured relationship. His disdain for her comes through in his comments. However, that in itself does not conclusively point to LM as being responsible for Maya's disappearance. To not consider other options and settle on this one conclusion is doing her a disfavor.

For me, I don't have enough to settle on speculation on LM as a POI. LE has not indicated there is a shred of evidence that he is involved.

Is he? Certainly could be, or it could be an accident or an acquaintance of hers. We don't yet know. Until I hear evidence from LE, the husband remains a Victim.

Regardless, whatever they studied from the house/cars should help confirm the direction of the investigation. Until then, I still remain open minded on this one, unlike another case I'm following right now!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Clearly, the husband is angry with Maya. By his own admission, they had a fractured relationship. His disdain for her comes through in his comments. However, that in itself does not conclusively point to LM as being responsible for Maya's disappearance. To not consider other options and settle on this one conclusion is doing her a disfavor.

For me, I don't have enough to settle on speculation on LM as a POI. LE has not indicated there is a shred of evidence that he is involved.

Is he? Certainly could be, or it could be an accident or an acquaintance of hers. We don't yet know. Until I hear evidence from LE, the husband remains a Victim.

Regardless, whatever they studied from the house/cars should help confirm the direction of the investigation. Until then, I still remain open minded on this one, unlike another case I'm following right now!

I appreciate the stability you’ve found up on that fence! I wish I could be up there with ya more often but I fall off too easy :(
The last person she was with, who she argued with..
Has not gone to a single search, gathering or vigil, has asked for privacy, He didn’t sound sad or torn (more like resentful) so emotional distress certainly can’t be the reason for not showing up to support her being found..and now has a lawyer and stopped communicating.
circumstantial evidence here is not enough to make an arrest, but it’s enough of a picture in my mind!
Got a bit of a morphew feel, Moo.

I appreciate the stability you’ve found up on that fence! I wish I could be up there with ya more often but I fall off too easy :(
The last person she was with, who she argued with..
Has not gone to a single search, gathering or vigil, has asked for privacy, He didn’t sound sad or torn (more like resentful) so emotional distress certainly can’t be the reason for not showing up to support her being found..and now has a lawyer and stopped communicating.
circumstantial evidence here is not enough to make an arrest, but it’s enough of a picture in my mind!
Got a bit of a morphew feel, Moo.
I think you have more than a few on this thread that align with your deduction.
I usually have a clear position one way or another, but not here. There are too many other signs of positive character qualities and stability that give me pause.

I’m waiting for LE to give us a readout on indications to date. Agree it doesn’t look good, but still waiting on forensics.

amateur opinion and speculation

So I know it was reported that a family member went and knocked on her door Friday evening, but what I am wondering is if it has been reported that her family tried to call LM before going over there. Seems that would have been something family would have tried 1st? If not I wonder why? Same thing for Saturday!

From the article:
Jan. 7, 2021
According to Chula Vista police, Millete, 39, was last seen by her family at her home on Paseo Los Gatos at around 5 p.m. on Jan. 7. This was two days before the family was set to travel on a planned trip to Big Bear for Millete’s daughter’s birthday.
(bolded by me)

So, according to this, they were scheduled to leave on Saturday (1/9) for Big Bear, then? Saturday is the day the parents came over and discovered her not in the locked room. That would explain why her family was so certain something was wrong, by then.

(Excuse me if we knew this already. I didn’t know prior to this when the family was actually leaving for the Big Bear trip. I had been wondering about this.)

That was absolutely heartbreaking, and it takes a lot to make me cry, reading/watching true crime daily. Even LE was crying.

It's not lost on me that May's BIL expressed his concern about the kids.

Imo.

seeing them hold each other, broken, was so saddening.
Really like the Chula Vista police chief, to see her cry while speaking was difficult.
Does the community there feel like not enough is being done? seemed like the theme of the PC
"we DO care, and ARE working tirelessly"
they've reviewed "100's of hours worth of video" and are in constant contact with her family.

"Someone out there knows something" o_O:(

@swedeheart it takes a lot for me to cry as well... this PC got me, her poor family pleading

Let me know if this link works?
It does, thank you so much!

Really hard to watch though. Her poor family, and LE was also so emotional. I tend to believe they might know more about where Maya is than we do. None of the children present are Maya's, are they?

It really bothers me how the husband is never present at these things. They have a large family, someone would be willing to watch the children while he would participate. This is so, so, so odd.

Dang that was hard to watch. The sister and brother-in-law were just so raw. The love they expressed and the anguish was so powerful.

For those of you who are not favorable to the husband, I will agree on this point. I don't give a rip if he's private or what his deal is. He should have been there pleading for his wife's return and thanking the public. Really really unconscionable not to be there, if only for the sake of his children.

Shame on you LM. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members