CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Josh Powell went camping in the freezing winter in the middle of the night with his two young sons. The night his wife went missing. Yeah, reminds me of that.

moo
Yes... and we all know how that turned out.
So sad.
I sure hope LE is onto something and Maya is found soon.

I wanted to ask anyone who has LE experience or knowledge, would it be possible that LE is trying to make some sort of deal with LM through his attorney to try and locate May? I didn’t know if this would be premature but at this point, the main goal is to FIND MAY
First-- WELCOME to WS !!! Love the Avi :)
Second-- I am not LE experience, but have followed many, many cases over the years and IMO, they are not trying to cut a deal with anyone... yet.
They are still going through forensics, evidence, digital data, etc and still actively investigating and Searching for Maya.
Nobody has been named a POI or suspect so nobody to try to cut a deal with..... yet.
JMO

I honestly hope she is found, alive, but if not, I would rather her found in a dumpster or side of the road.
My fear is that she may be in the water.
She would possibly NEVER be found.
The "beach" trip worries me.

If you mean in the ocean, no I don't believe that. I also live right on the coast in SoCal, and even here with the cliffs and secluded rocky coves, it would be very hard to hide a body. Waves action would likely move and expose a body.
Solana Beach? Even more unlikely I'd think to get her into the water, unless he had a boat and could go far out. Renting a boat would involve others.

I think Solana Beach was a diversion.
IMO, the dunes or somewhere inland is far more likely. There is a lot of undeveloped land.

Remember how long it took to find Amber Dubois? And she was only found a year later after her killer confessed and led LE to the site of her remains, somewhere inland north of Escondido. And, had her killer not killed another teen (Chelsea King), and was quickly apprehended, Amber may never have been found.

New-ish and dragged in because she's local. Just got a breaking news alert and my heart stopped for a minute. Body found in the San Diego Bay, no other info given yet. God I wish they would find May! My heart is breaking for her family....

Body Found in San Diego Bay

Unrelated. It's a male.

CBS News 8
@CBS8

·
1m
Harbor police and the medical examiner are on the scene near W. Laurel St. and N. Harbor Dr. where a body was seen in the water. After 7:00 p.m., they worked to pull the body of a male from the water, according to harbor police.

https://twitter.com/CBS8/status/1359710646456225792

ETA: Wasn't going to add this since the update that it was unrelated to Maya, but for anyone interested in the body of the woman found in Lake Murray the other day, she's been ID'd now. Body recovered from Lake Murray identified | cbs8.com

If you mean in the ocean, no I don't believe that. I also live right on the coast in SoCal, and even here with the cliffs and secluded rocky coves, it would be very hard to hide a body. Waves action would likely move and expose a body.
Solana Beach? Even more unlikely I'd think to get her into the water, unless he had a boat and could go far out. Renting a boat would involve others.

I think Solana Beach was a diversion.
IMO, the dunes or somewhere inland is far more likely. There is a lot of undeveloped land.

Remember how long it took to find Amber Dubois? And she was only found a year later after her killer confessed and led LE to the site of her remains, somewhere inland north of Escondido. And, had her killer not killed another teen (Chelsea King), and was quickly apprehended, Amber may never have been found.
I see what you are saying -- I wasnt thinking of just "placing" her there, I guess I was thinking of someone putting her in the ocean with the tide taking her out..maybe in a bag or something.
With the waves and current, being taken way out and not washed up on shore.
I hope you are correct as you live there and I don't and she needs to be found.
Her parents and family just break my heart.
Her children must be devastated.

Last edited:
New-ish and dragged in because she's local. Just got a breaking news alert and my heart stopped for a minute. Body found in the San Diego Bay, no other info given yet. God I wish they would find May! My heart is breaking for her family....

Body Found in San Diego Bay
Welcome to WS !!!
I sure hope she is found soon also.
I watch her sister, BIL and mom and dad and my heart breaks for them.
I feel so sad for her kiddos.

Bumping to help spread the word. For more information on the family’s search efforts, click here:

Find May/Maya Millete
*Glamis Sand Dunes Search*
Join us in the search for Maya at Glamis Sand Dunes this President’s Day weekend.
When: Friday-Sunday, 12-14 February 2021

Friday will be dedicated to passing out fliers at Glamis Store and Vendor Row @ 3:00pm to spread word of Maya’s disappearance. Please contact us if you will be at Glamis this weekend and would like to volunteer and help!
Here for more info: Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Awesome! They are going to search where the family were vacationing in December! That's where LM was acting strangely, and arguing about taking her Jeep. I firmly believe he was searching for a spot that weekend. Very happy to hear this.

Awesome! They are going to search where the family were vacationing in December! That's where LM was acting strangely, and arguing about taking her Jeep. I firmly believe he was searching for a spot that weekend. Very happy to hear this.

They were getting along terrible. It sounds bad. Was he searching for a spot that weekend like you say? I don't know, but she disappeared the next week. Was whatever happened to Maya... planned? One thing is clear, the marriage was coming to an end.

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online
  • Drouaillet and her husband, Richard, said Larry and Maya had been arguing over a Jeep Wrangler during a New Years trip
"Richard added: 'They argued a lot and it was a little bit uncomfortable. It was weird because Larry was acting different. He wasn't acting like Larry. He was acting different... They were done. The relationship was done. You could just tell.'

Richard describes Larry as 'always quiet' on the trips, typically staying near the camp or with his car 'in his own business.'

'He was always quiet but on this last trip he was having fun and he was having a lot of fun but with her vehicle,' Richard stated.

'During the day, he wasn't really at the camp. He was always driving around and then he would come and ask her a question and then they would argue. Not argue in front of the family but you could tell that there was no communication between them. No positive communication between them.'

Both Richard and Miracris noted that Larry had been having a lot of fun with the Jeep Wrangler, which had been purchased by the mother.

'He was having more fun than my sister considering it was my sister's Jeep,' Miracris said. 'He wanted to take the Jeep and he wanted to drive it and my sister wanted to drive it. So they had been arguing about that.'

Richard added: 'You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened. The relationship was done. She wanted to get out of the relationship."

Last edited:
They were getting along terrible. It sounds bad. Was he searching for a spot that weekend like you say? I don't know, but she disappeared the next week. Was whatever happened to Maya... planned? One thing is clear, the marriage was coming to an end.

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online
  • Drouaillet and her husband, Richard, said Larry and Maya had been arguing over a Jeep Wrangler during a New Years trip
"Richard added: 'They argued a lot and it was a little bit uncomfortable. It was weird because Larry was acting different. He wasn't acting like Larry. He was acting different... They were done. The relationship was done. You could just tell.'

Richard describes Larry as 'always quiet' on the trips, typically staying near the camp or with his car 'in his own business.'

'He was always quiet but on this last trip he was having fun and he was having a lot of fun but with her vehicle,' Richard stated.

'During the day, he wasn't really at the camp. He was always driving around and then he would come and ask her a question and then they would argue. Not argue in front of the family but you could tell that there was no communication between them. No positive communication between them.'

Both Richard and Miracris noted that Larry had been having a lot of fun with the Jeep Wrangler, which had been purchased by the mother.

'He was having more fun than my sister considering it was my sister's Jeep,' Miracris said. 'He wanted to take the Jeep and he wanted to drive it and my sister wanted to drive it. So they had been arguing about that.'

Richard added: 'You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened. The relationship was done. She wanted to get out of the relationship."

Someone should be sure to keep their eyes firmly on Larry's movements (and the kids) during this search of the dunes. Imo.

Do we know when the last time anyone seen her other than the kids or him I seen someone reference the kids couldn’t get their days mixed up but MOO is the timeline LM is giving is off I say that because he never reference the birthday trip only the birthday as if someone knew all along she wasn’t going to make the trip ... hoping I’m wrong where are you beautiful we are praying continuously for you !!

Wow! ...This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member