Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i thought of the shallow grave, too...but you never know how accurate the reporting is.

and this one baffles me...i just can't imagine how two (possible) siblings drop off the face of the earth and no one notices...

i am going to check out that book!

i thought of the shallow grave, too...but you never know how accurate the reporting is.

and this one baffles me...i just can't imagine how two (possible) siblings drop off the face of the earth and no one notices...

You are so right! They often report things incorrectly. Didn't even think of that.

Definitely get the book. It is really good, but quite disturbing.

I could not find these two in NAMUS-could anyone else? I can see from the reports that the girl was found without clothing, but what about the boy??

I will remind people in this thread while they were once thought to be siblings, DNA has since revealed they are unrelated.

How can someone "estimate" the eye color of a skeleton when no other info than approximate age, race and hair color is known, especially if the remains are those of a Caucasian individual?

I know this is a late answer, but when the reconstruction is computer generated, you need to give the person an eye color. Brown is the default because it is common. What they mean is "don't think the person has to have brown eyes."

DNA tests showed them to not be siblings.

DNA tests showed them to not be siblings.

Actually, what the Doe network information says is :

Originally, the two were believed to have been related, however, after forensic DNA testing it was determined they were not maternally related.

From this, I am assuming that it was mtDNA testing, which is passed from mother to child... That does NOT however mean that they did not have the same FATHER, which would not be able to be determined with mtDNA... It is still plausable to believe they could be half siblings, or cousins... I would LOVE to know what LE has that makes them believe they were hitchiking bf/gf from the midwest though... A very intriguing assumption indeed.

Was there an isotope analysis done that led to the suggestion of the Midwest? Or is this one of those cases where LE thinks they know who they are, but can't say because there is no way to test?

They were found in shallow graves so I doubt if their deaths were accidental. You're thinking outside of the box which is great!! Interesting theory.

I just read "I know my first name is Steven" and it suggested that perhaps his kidnapper, Kenneth Parnell, had something to do with this. The book said that a few days after the bodies were discovered, he picked up and moved without notice. I wouldn't doubt it if he killed them. But he's dead now and there's no way of knowing.

However, if it was Parnell - wouldn't it be fairly safe to assume the kids were more local then? Unless they were indeed hitch hiking. Interesting.....

Salem

How about this as a possibility for the jane doe:

NCMC765685c1.jpg
NCMC765685e1.jpg
[SIZE=+1]View Poster[/SIZE]
Case Handled By:
NCMC_en_US.gif
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children [SIZE=+1]SANDRA KAYE BUTLER[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Age Progression[/SIZE] Case Type: Endangered Missing DOB: Mar 27, 1962 Sex: Female Missing Date: Jun 26, 1978 Race: White Age Now: 47 Height: 5'0" (152 cm) Missing City: SPARKS Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg) Missing State : NV Hair Color: Lt. Brown Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown Case Number: NCMC765685
Circumstances: Sandra's photo is shown age-progressed to 45 years. On June 26, 1978 she was last seen walking to a store across the street from her home. Sandra has not been seen or heard from since. Her nickname is Sandy.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Jane Doe:
The Doe Network:
Case File 131UFCA
131UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on July 8, 1979 in Mendocino County, California
  • Cause of death is unknown.
  • The estimated date of death is December 8, 1978.
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: Not over 14 years old. Estimated year of birth is 1964.
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5-1/2"
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair.
    [*]Dentals: Available. Excellent teeth. All adult teeth except the wisdom teeth which were still impacted.
    [*]Clothing/Jewelry: No clothing. She was wearing the pictured hoop with a perched-bird earring (pierced-ear type).
131UFCAEarring.jpg

Victim's Earring

Case History
The victim's skeletal remains were found together with the remains of an unidentified male child in the area of milepost marker 21 Highway 20, West of Willits, in Mendocino County, CA.
Originally, the two were believed to have been related, however, after forensic DNA testing it was determined they were not maternally related.
It is believed they were teenage boyfriend and girlfriend from the Midwest and most likely hitchhiking to get away from their families.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Mendocino County Sheriff's Office
800-815-3505

NCMEC #:
NCMU400033

NCIC Number:
U-765178400

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
California Department of Justice
Mendocino County Sheriff's Office
Advocate News 1/4/07

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html

Any thoughts?

Maz

:cow:

victim1.jpg
victim2.jpg

It is possible these children were related, perhaps brother and sister.

http://www.pacificsites.com/~mendoshf/Victim1.htm

111UMCA.jpg
131UFCA.jpg

It is believed they were teenage boyfriend and girlfriend from the Midwest and most likely hitchhiking to get away from their families.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html

How can two young kids from different families go unidentified for so long.

They look so much alike, don't they? Perhaps they were orphans from a group home setting. If they were runaways, it could just be that their families are not internet saavy and/or have not had the wherewithal to search for them. Another possibility is that they may be from another country (?). This is another one of those cases that just haunts you with questions...

They look so much alike, don't they? Perhaps they were orphans from a group home setting. If they were runaways, it could just be that their families are not internet saavy and/or have not had the wherewithal to search for them. Another possibility is that they may be from another country (?). This is another one of those cases that just haunts you with questions...

bbm

Yes, it is haunting, They do look a lot alike. I would like to see them get names.
I'll keep searching. Maybe they were cousins?

Was there some evidence found at the site or some sightings to suggest they were boyfriend-girlfriend or was it just an assumption because they weren't maternally related?

If only a maternal relationship was ruled out they could still be half-siblings or perhaps one or both were adopted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back