Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meaghan of Charley Project made a comment in her blog about the Mendocino John and Jane Does. In her blog article titled Article about Kirsten Hatfield, a commenter mentioned Steven Stayner. Meaghan replied with the following:

Meaghan Says:
May 24, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Reply

Speaking of Steven Stayner, I have heard that Ken Parnell made some telling remarks about these two does. Something about how he knew who they were, or something, but he’d forgotten it. Of course, Parnell was one sick man and perhaps he was just jerking people around.

Parnell had planned to murder Steven, because Steven had gotten too old and too much of a liability. Steven escaped just in time. I wonder how many other teen and adult does in this country were kidnapped as children, then killed when they outgrew their captors’ desires.

See Link: http://charleyross.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/article-about-kirsten-hatfield/#comments

For information on Steven Stayner see the following link:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/kenneth_parnell/index.html

Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
How about this as a possibility for the jane doe:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html

Any thoughts?

Maz

The bone structure the artist's recon does look very close in bone structure. Their height is considerably off 5' 5 1/2" vs. 5'0". And the the age is off, Butler was just past her 16th birthday and the JD is supposedly not over 14 YOA. (I suppose because of puberty issues, and bone growth they can pin that down pretty well?) Speaking of height, isn't 5'5" pretty tall for a girl 14 or under? If so, maybe the age IS wrong.

Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
How about this as a possibility for the jane doe:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html

Any thoughts?

Maz

The bone structure the artist's recon does look very close in bone structure. Their height is considerably off 5' 5 1/2" vs. 5'0". And the the age is off, Butler was just past her 16th birthday and the JD is supposedly not over 14 YOA. (I suppose because of puberty issues, and bone growth they can pin that down pretty well?) Speaking of height, isn't 5'5" pretty tall for a girl 14 or under? If so, maybe the age IS wrong.

Your missingkids.com link doesn't work.

I spent a long time yesterday looking for this JD's earring. Or anything even close to it. I can't find one anywhere near similar. The design is quite different from other all the other birds I've seen. I think it was a custom piece. Maybe purchased from somewhere where there are a lot of artists or crafts people. The description of the piece of jewelry says: She was wearing the pictured hoop with a perched-bird earring (pierced-ear type).

The description almost makes it sound like she was wearing two different earrings together, but I think it's just the way they wrote it. I found one hoop earring with a bird perched within it, at the bottom. I found nothing out there where a bird is on top of the hoop. And nothing like this little bird's shape with the lines in it.

The one earring left thing sure reminds me of Alcala.

The fact that this young girl and boy both had excellent teeth. (I'm assuming that means no fillings or anything.) I vaguely remember something back in the 60's or 70's about a town where they had added flouride to the water system as a test to see how children's teeth faired and all these kids supposedly grew up without any cavities. Does anyone remember that?

Lillie May Rush and Joseph White​

Lillie%20May%20Rush.jpg
Joseph%20White.jpg

This case is 30 years old. On July 8, 1979, skeletal remains for Lillie and Joseph were found near marker 21, highway 20, west of Willits, in Mendocino County, CA. Authorities believe they died on or about December 8, 1978. DNA testing proved that Lillie and Joseph were not maternally related. At Lillie's time of death, she was under 14 years old, measured 5'5"½, and had excellent teeth (no decay, no cavities, no fillings, had all adult teeth except for wisdom teeth, which were still impacted). Lillie was found without clothing, but was wearing hoop, perched-bird earrings. Joseph was about 13 years old, measured 5'5", light brown hair, and also had excellent teeth.

Authorities speculate that Lillie and Joseph traveled to California, maybe from the Mid-West. It is unknown if the children were drove, hitchhiked or forced to travel to California. They may have run away from something or someone. It is also rumored that Lillie and Joseph were victims of the Leonard Lake and Charles Ng serial killings, but with such little information, it is hard to determine the specifics of this case. Please help InstantAmber and Can You Identify Me bring peace to these children. If you have any information, please contact the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office at (800) 815-3505. Please reference case numbers, NCIC#: U-765178400 or NCMEC#: NCMU400033.​

Where have these names come from? They seem just to be Doe names but are well... oddly specific.

You can call us: Lillie May Rush and Joseph White! We are Unidentified Teens -found in Mendocino County, CA

111UMCA+-+Joseph+White.jpg
131UFCA+-+Lillie+May+Rush.jpg

The authorities speculate that we traveled from another State, maybe the Midwest. We arrived in California only to meet our maker.

We are searching for identity. To help you help us look at the following descriptive data:

MALE TEEN:
About 13 years old, approximate height 5'5" , light brown hair with excellent teeth, no decay, no cavities, no fillings. All adult teeth except the wisdom teeth which were still impacted.

FEMALE TEEN:
It is believed that I was not over 14 years of age, approximate height 5'5-1/2," light brown hair and excellent teeth. All adult teeth except the wisdom teeth which were still impacted. It is also noted that there was no clothing, but I was wearing the pictured hoop with a perched-bird earring for pierced ears.

After DNA testing it has been ruled out that we are maternally related.

On July 8, 1979 our skeletal remains were found near milepost marker 21, highway 20, west of Willits, in Mendocino County, CA. They guess that we died on or about December 8, 1978.

How did we die? After travelling for so long and then death in California? Did we meet someone who drove us? Did we meet someone who killed us?

How did we get to Mendocino, when the authorities are guessing we are from the mid west? It is estimated we were both under 15 years of age. We couldn't drive to Mendocino. Did we hitchhike? If yes, from where?

We were obviously running away from something or someone. But who? Where are our parents? How come they are looking for us? Did our parents do something wrong to us?

How did we die? After travelling for so long and then death in California? Did we meet someone who drove us? Did we meet someone who killed us?

We should have parents, siblings, family members, teachers, doctors, counselors, someone from our past looking for us....

Where are you ?? We need your help !!!

==================================================

If you have any information please contact:
Mendocino County Sheriff's Office 800-815-3505
NCMEC #:NCMU400033
NCIC Number: U-765178400
Posted by RJ at 8:14 PM

I spent a long time yesterday looking for this JD's earring. Or anything even close to it. I can't find one anywhere near similar. The design is quite different from other all the other birds I've seen. I think it was a custom piece. Maybe purchased from somewhere where there are a lot of artists or crafts people. The description of the piece of jewelry says: She was wearing the pictured hoop with a perched-bird earring (pierced-ear type).

The description almost makes it sound like she was wearing two different earrings together, but I think it's just the way they wrote it. I found one hoop earring with a bird perched within it, at the bottom. I found nothing out there where a bird is on top of the hoop. And nothing like this little bird's shape with the lines in it.

That earring reminds me of Avon jewelry. The bird resembles a dove to me.

That earring reminds me of Avon jewelry. The bird resembles a dove to me.

Checked all the Avon sources, that I could find anyway. Nada. Nothing even similar, except what I noted. (Avon is quite collectible, not to mention very mass-produced, so if it was Avon, one would think there'd b,e a picture on the WWW somewhere. JMO)

Checked all the Avon sources, that I could find anyway. Nada. Nothing even similar, except what I noted. (Avon is quite collectible, not to mention very mass-produced, so if it was Avon, one would think there'd b,e a picture on the WWW somewhere. JMO)

I've come across perched bird earrings, but nothing that is this earring. I think the earring is gold plated with zirconia stones. Here is where I found some.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkpar...rd earrings&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=2

Uh huh, yep, I can find lots of bird earrings, but nothing any where remotely like this one. There was one I found that was hand made in England, but again, the bird was on the bottom and still didn't look like that bird. (LOL, I thought this would be soooo easy to find! NOT!)

I agree, that does remind me of Alcala's habits. He was still out in early 1979, wasn't he?

These two Oregon children vanished within months of each other.
the female Ann Ellinwood from Corvallis Oregon missing April 15th 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2522dfor.html

and this male Edward Nye June 22 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/37dmor.html

Both were missing off of trails. Corvallis , Prospect and Willits, are within the the Interstate-5 corridor. Corvallis Oregon, to Willits California is Aprox. 400 miles.

Could they have been abducted and held for 6 months?

BillyLee, my son became buddies with a very old man when he was about five years old. The old guy fascinated him, he would whittle small creatures out of peanut shells and paint them, he gave him a tiny bird that is almost identicle to her earrings only he put it on a piece of cardboard with with wire legs. He called it tramp art. I'll look up tramp art and see if I can find something similar.:coffeeup:

These two Oregon children vanished within months of each other.
the female Ann Ellinwood from Corvallis Oregon missing April 15th 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2522dfor.html

and this male Edward Nye June 22 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/37dmor.html

Both were missing off of trails. Corvallis , Prospect and Willits, are within the the Interstate-5 corridor. Corvallis Oregon, to Willits California is Aprox. 400 miles.

Could they have been abducted and held for 6 months?

The height is quite a bit shorter on both of these missing kids, but who knows. Ann's face shape is quite different than the recon, longer chin not as round. But, what I find interesting about Edward Nye though is how much the bone structure of his age progression photo looks like the bone structure of the JD.

Rule outs, from page 1 of our rule out list:

111umca and 131ufca:

Scott and Amy Fandel

Karen Reinert and Michael Reinert

I find it weird when a case is this darn old and it's such young children, that there's such a small list of rule outs. I wonder if there's more somewhere that we don't know of. These two JD's haven't been entered into Namus either.

I don't think these kids were local (CA) because they'd have been Id'd already. It says the estimated date of death was Dec. 1978. How accurate do you think that is? Could it be it was sometime in 1979 that they actually died. Is that maybe why no one can figure out who these kids are?

If that's the case, then how about Christina Lee White, missing since April 1979 from WA, age 12, height 5'4". (Which I think is on the tall side for a 12 year old. Isn't it?) It does say her ears were pierced, but it says twice. Is the second hole something that could not have shown up after decay? It also says she had white spots on her teeth, but it doesn't say anything else about them. Christina's Namus says dental has been charted and is available.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/white_christina.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2785/0/

By the way, the Namus file, uses her 9 YO picture as the primary picture, the 12 year old picture is where her face looks much more round, which is the first picture on the left on her CP page.

Do you think we should submit the JD as a possible match on Christina's Namus page?

Such young kids missing and hardly any rule outs. Makes me wanna cry!

I think there are hardly any ruleouts because there are hardly any potential matches. Very few boy-girl pairs missing together from the Midwest. I suspect they were never reported missing, or the report was lost, or something.

I think there are hardly any ruleouts because there are hardly any potential matches. Very few boy-girl pairs missing together from the Midwest. I suspect they were never reported missing, or the report was lost, or something.

They don't necessarily have to have gone missing together. They could have been kidnapped in separate incidents.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes
Back