Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They don't necessarily have to have gone missing together. They could have been kidnapped in separate incidents.

True enough.

If it was a family kidnapping, that might be another reason not to be reported.

They are not maternally related.

Now mind you Carlk, I am not doubting you. But your post makes think I've possibly missed a report on these two, can you link me up, cuz it's quite possible I've missed more than just that. Thanks.

Now mind you Carlk, I am not doubting you. But your post makes think I've possibly missed a report on these two, can you link me up, cuz it's quite possible I've missed more than just that. Thanks.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111umca.html

The DoeNet Case History narrative for both UID's indicate that they are not maternally related. mtDNA testing addresses only the maternal lineage. It does not address whether or not they have the same father.

Originally, the two were believed to have been related, however, after forensic DNA testing it was determined they were not maternally related.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111umca.html

The DoeNet Case History narrative for both UID's indicate that they are not maternally related. mtDNA testing addresses only the maternal lineage. It does not address whether or not they have the same father.

So they could be half-sibs by blood, and if they were stepbrother and sister, they wouldn't be genetically related at all.

Some of the earlier reports had them as teenage lovers running away, but then they decided they were younger than initially thought.

I don't think they are brother and sister. Though the reconstruction images look similar, I think it's because of who did them. Their chins are different, their eyes are quite different looking as far as shape goes. And we really need to remember that the shape of their noses are pure speculation. Only the location is accurate, if you know what I mean. The fact these children had zero clothing on them, speaks awful, horrible things to me, so I don't think it was a father or mother who did them in. Even if they had been abducted when little by someone who abused them for many years, why would their clothes be off? I feel these two were abducted, and I don't think held that long, or possibly used in some sort of sex trafficking scheme. JMO

I don't think we can read too much into the lack of clothing -- the usual reason bodies are found unclothed is that the murderer is trying to hide the victim's identity, or to make it easier to dispose of the bodies.

And it's not our speculation that they were brother and sister -- an anthropologist who looked at the bones thought they might be related.

These two Oregon children vanished within months of each other.
the female Ann Ellinwood from Corvallis Oregon missing April 15th 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2522dfor.html

and this male Edward Nye June 22 1978
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/37dmor.html

Both were missing off of trails. Corvallis , Prospect and Willits, are within the the Interstate-5 corridor. Corvallis Oregon, to Willits California is Aprox. 400 miles.

Could they have been abducted and held for 6 months?

For the heck of it here is Edward Nye compared to Mendocino John. I see a whole lot of similarity here.

10f1it3.jpg

I don't see Ann Ellinwood as being the Jane Doe, but Edward Nye looks close enough to at least check out. I'd be surprised if they have not checked him out, but you never know. I wish they would show their teeth. That would be an easy comparison.

I don't see Ann Ellinwood as being the Jane Doe, but Edward Nye looks close enough to at least check out. I'd be surprised if they have not checked him out, but you never know. I wish they would show their teeth. That would be an easy comparison.

Ditto that!
Carl how firm is a coroner's date of death, they say December on these guys, but I wonder if that could mean 3 or 4 months before or 3 or 4 months after? Do you know? I would really like to submit Christina White, but because of the date of death I hesitate.

Ditto that!
Carl how firm is a coroner's date of death, they say December on these guys, but I wonder if that could mean 3 or 4 months before or 3 or 4 months after? Do you know? I would really like to submit Christina White, but because of the date of death I hesitate.

Often they base the estimates on how many generations of insects that have colonized the remains. But once the remains have completely skeletonized, they have to look at things such as how weathered the bones are, or how much vegetation has grown around (or fallen on) the remains. These methods of estimating DOD are not very precise, and I usually allow for a much wider timeframe than specified in the narrative.

I just read "I know my first name is Steven" and it suggested that perhaps his kidnapper, Kenneth Parnell, had something to do with this. The book said that a few days after the bodies were discovered, he picked up and moved without notice. I wouldn't doubt it if he killed them. But he's dead now and there's no way of knowing.

I was also going to suggest Parnell, having read the mentioned book as well... additionally he obviously had a history of kidnapping children, keeping them for long periods of time, and relocating to a different area with them. Which may be why these two are so difficult to id.

My question is, how do the deaths of these two fit into the timeline in which Parnell had Steven captive? Also, as I remember from the book, Parnell only had a history of molesting young boys, so I'm not sure how the girl would fit in with his MO...

Any thoughts?

One more thought!!! As I understand a lot of teens ran away during the 70's so many weren't reported as missing, just assumed that they would eventually turn up again.... maybe the case with these two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911
Back